Change startup / shutdown screens on i320

Guest leviking

Guest leviking

Hi there,

How do I change the annoying FUN club startupscreen to another picture on startup/shutdown. And maybe also the MS picture?

I guess this is done through the registry settings - and I found a key in LOCAL MACHINE / System / startup value 1 but was not able to change/remove screens when modifying that key.

Another possibility would maybe be to overwrite the pictures in the Windows dir, but I dont have write access right to exactly those pictures on the phone.

Any help appreciated ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Televinken

Hey there Mr Viking,

Never mind messing up the registry. Just copy

these 2 files from your phone to your pc, and

edit them to your liking. Save & send back to

the phone. Always back up original ones first.

The two files are in the Windows folder.

final-320240_020_off.png

final-320240_020_on.png

Worked fine for me, & I also silenced the two

annoying sounds (startup/shutdown) in the

same folder. Replaced them w empty ones.

Phone_Power_on.wav

Phone_Power_off.wav

Good luck, & be sure to report if it worked!

/Televinken

• 1 month later...
Guest leviking
Good luck, & be sure to report if it worked!

Sorry for the late response. No, this did not work. I copied the two files to my PC, edited properties (removed read only), edited the picture in ms paint (changed one pixel just for testing purposes), resaved, and tried to copy back. BUT I apparently do not have access right to modify or overwrite those images. It works with other images in the smartphone "windows" folder, so apparently special rights is required for some files in that dir.

---------------------------

Error Copying File

Cannot copy final-320240_020_off: Access is denied.

Make sure your mobile device has sufficient memory, that the file is not set as read-only, and that you have permission to copy this file type.

OK

• 3 weeks later...
Guest iFXBR
Sorry for the late response. No, this did not work. I copied the two files to my PC, edited properties (removed read only), edited the picture in ms paint (changed one pixel just for testing purposes), resaved, and tried to copy back. BUT I apparently do not have access right to modify or overwrite those images. It works with other images in the smartphone "windows" folder, so apparently special rights is required for some files in that dir.

Error Copying File

Cannot copy final-320240_020_off: Access is denied.

Make sure your mobile device has sufficient memory, that the file is not set as read-only, and that you have permission to copy this file type.

OK

The files are correct, but to replace those on mobile you have to use a File Manager, like Resco Explorer to do this task with success.

Just copy those files to Storage Card and use Resco to move them to Windows folder and replace existing. It worked to me.

Guest Televinken

The only "file manager" I used, was the explorer on my pc.

I didn't have to move from/to mem card back & forth.

Don't know why it worked for me. It just did.... :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest leviking

The copy trick worked. Thanks a lot. :rolleyes:

Dont have to use Resco Explorer for the copying. Just use the built-in one - it works just as well.