Audio alert/vibrate on new text message...

Guest stripeycat

I can't set my 750 to vibrate and play and audio alert when i receive a new text message. Is this just me?

Mine plays audio and vibrates at the same time.

Did you go "Sounds & Notifications" in "Settings"? There in the "Notifications" tab you can change your settings for that. SMS is "Messaging: New Message"

Guest stripeycat

Hmm, i had the 'Chirp' audio on, with the bottom checbox for ringer switch turned off. Will try with another sound and both checkboxes ticked :l Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest stripeycat

You wouldn't credit it, but now i can't get a ringtone for incoming calls or text messages either. ;) No vibrate at all for some reason. What am i doing wrong? I've got 'Enable sounds for' set On for Events and Programs, and Off for everything else; I've selected audio clips for all my phone events and for Messaging as well, and i've got the Vibrate checkboxes ticked for all events too. Faulty phone perhaps? Or am i still missing something maybe?

Edited by stripeycat

You wouldn't credit it, but now i can't get a ringtone for incoming calls or text messages either. ;) No vibrate at all for some reason. What am i doing wrong? I've got 'Enable sounds for' set On for Events and Programs, and Off for everything else; I've selected audio clips for all my phone events and for Messaging as well, and i've got the Vibrate checkboxes ticked for all events too. Faulty phone perhaps? Or am i still missing something maybe?

Well maybe you have.. I have the same settings on mine and its fine as it's always been. Maybe backup your stuff and try a hard reset?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest miloszz

I had something similar. Try to push volume-button-up (on the left side of Treo) few times :D Once I accidentialy muted it by pressing volume-down button ;)