• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Changed The Keyboard Noise

7 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

All very silly I know, but i was bored and in the mood to make it as annoying as i possibly could and figured it out with my mate at work.

HKLM\Software\HTC\SlidingSound

Here you see the standard 3 sounds as 3 folders, 0, 1 and 2

Either edit the contents of these or create a new folder.

I created a new key called 3

In here, three string values were created,

(default) which defines the name of the sound

in - sets the sound when the keyboards closes

out - sets the sounds when the keyboard opens.

For instance, in the key 3 i have

(Default) set as a string value of Dogbark

in set as a string value of dogbark.wav

out set as a string value of dogbark.wav

Now I can select the dogbark as the keyboard sliding sound.

Sound files need to be in the Windows Folder in wav format.

Right now, Mine is barking. Gonna see what I can find to change it to later.

Posted · Report post

Awesome!

I added some old-school starcraft sounds to my Herald.

Thanks a lot rhedgehog!

Posted · Report post

Cool.... was allready planning this.

Gonna take a sound from a movie this week!

anybody seen "hitchhikers guide to the galaxy"? remember the sliding door sounds.... funny as hell!!

well that's gonna be slide in/out sound.

Pigo

P.S. unless anybody objects I'll post the sounds here somewhere.

Posted · Report post

im sort of new to the PPC thing so excuse me, but how do you find the file: "HKLM\Software\HTC\SlidingSound"? im assuming that this isnt found simply by the explorer prog. seems more like seem edits but im not sure. can someone please clarify?

and also, does anyone know a way to make the damn vibrate ring shorter when i have the phone set on vibrate and a sms notice comes in? its so long that it physically bothers me.

thanks

Posted · Report post

you would need a registry editor to do this. Search the forums for a reg editor like resco and install it to your device.

Then follow the instructioons for how to add the details you need.

I know of no way to shorten the Vibrate time. 5 seconds is a little long!

Posted · Report post

you would need a registry editor to do this. Search the forums for a reg editor like resco and install it to your device.

Then follow the instructioons for how to add the details you need.

I know of no way to shorten the Vibrate time. 5 seconds is a little long!

ah, thanks for that. guess i shoud have searched just a bit harder. trying to find time to tweak my phone in b/w work and im just not patient enough to wad through hours of reading sometimes.

Posted · Report post

ah, thanks for that. guess i shoud have searched just a bit harder. trying to find time to tweak my phone in b/w work and im just not patient enough to wad through hours of reading sometimes.

Dude, I've been looking for this for days!!!. I have mine set as Lightsabers turning on and off. It's awesome. :)