Site Notice - We are currently investigating an issue with missing download links. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. PaulOBrien

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

8GB Card

6 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I bought 2 8GB Samsung OEM cards from ebay and I cant get them to work in my M600 does anyone else have an 8GB working? Maybe firmware upgrade? Or anyway to format them smaller?

Cheers

Posted · Report post

Did not know 8GB was available as yet, how much did that cost you for two of them?

With the age of your device I would be surprised if the 8GB would work I think a 4GB may be the upper limit but I can not confirm the 4GB as I do not have a prophet myself.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Did not know 8GB was available as yet, how much did that cost you for two of them?

With the age of your device I would be surprised if the 8GB would work I think a 4GB may be the upper limit but I can not confirm the 4GB as I do not have a prophet myself.

I paid £40.50 (can get alot cheaper now) each for them expecting 1 to work on my m600 and the other used to boot my Laptop (works great).

What about if i was to partition the card into 2, would that have any effect to the m600 recognising it?

Edited by SWFu

8Gb and above (and lots of 4Gb) cards are all SD-HC which is a new format and WILL NOT work with any PPC currently available AFAIK.

The largest SD card you can get that will work is 4Gb - unless I'm very much mistaken...

Edited by Confucious

Posted · Report post

8Gb and above (and lots of 4Gb) cards are all SD-HC which is a new format and WILL NOT work with any PPC currently available AFAIK.

The largest SD card you can get that will work is 4Gb - unless I'm very much mistaken...

Correct, it's a bit like CD's and DVD's. DVD's wont work in a CD player but CD's work in a DVD player, 700mb compared to 4.7GB (or 8.5GB if you have a dual layer burner ;))

Phil

so sad we can't use in current devices. :P

but drivers coming soon for future!

http://msmobiles.com/news.php/6308.html

/Edit - after further research a glimmer of hope appears as, amazingly, the relevant driver has already been leaked from the HTC Herald, and is in the hands of the usual suspects. The Herald is advertised as having OMAP 850 CPU. Same as prophet...Interesting. :rolleyes:

Edited by skrabbins