bingobob

Messages - MMS/Outlook/Hotmail

7 posts in this topic

I like the messaging app (in the main).

However I have no wish to even go near MMS, Outlook or Hotmail.

Is it possible to remove them or hide them somehow (registry hack perhaps?)

I just use SMS and IMAP email (suppose I could keep MMS I think in case someone sends me one!)

You can delete messaging accounts by clicking and holding on them.

I dont know about outlook as I recall its there by default in WM5 - its not there in WM6 until you set up your device to sync with pc or server.

You can delete messaging accounts by clicking and holding on them.

I dont know about outlook as I recall its there by default in WM5 - its not there in WM6 until you set up your device to sync with pc or server.

Hmmm, OK but I don't see that option....from which screen can you delete these accounts?

In any messaging account, click menu, tools, options and then click and hold on the account you want to remove. A delete option will pop up as a context menu.

ok, with you, but on that screen I don't get Outlook email or Hotmail.

Ah - well did you get hotmail from another app - ie one of the pocket msn or windows live messenger apps? I seem to recall it gets installed with Pocket MSN? If so, then you would need to see if you can remove it from there?

As I said at the beginning, I think Outlook cant be disabled in WM5 - it is optional in WM6.

Ah - well did you get hotmail from another app - ie one of the pocket msn or windows live messenger apps? I seem to recall it gets installed with Pocket MSN? If so, then you would need to see if you can remove it from there?

As I said at the beginning, I think Outlook cant be disabled in WM5 - it is optional in WM6.

gotcha, well thanks...looks like I'm stuck with it...Maybe the tmobile customisations put hotmail in. Not to worry, I can live with it.