Ask me about SMARTPHONES!

Guest PaulOBrien

• 3 months later...
Guest markm18
I like our postman, he's a nice chap. He has a hard time delivering to me, to be sure, and does a sterling job. Today tho, he's my favourite person on the planet.

Why? Here's why!

16-Mar-2007_myvox.jpg16-Mar-2007_mytosh.jpg16-Mar-2007_mye600.jpg

Got a question about the HTC S710 'Vox', Toshiba G500 or Orange SPV E600? I'm your man :(

P

Hey Paul! I'm newbie to the HTC S710 and absolutely love this phone (especially with some of the improvements you've recommended). Thanks for the de-branding post; I struggled with that for a couple of weeks before I found your fix.

2 questions :

1) I accidentally removed the .NET that came loaded on the S710 when I was trying out the SiriuCE cab set. I could not get it to work. The cab set installed the .NET CF 2.0 package. I now understand that there was a newer version installed on the phone already. Is there a way I can restore the latest version that came on the phone?

2) Do you have any way to successfully stream Sirius radio through the S710 via EDGE connection or WiFi?

:D

Hey Paul,

First off great forum you have here. I got a htc s720 yesterday and was ready to return it for the htc 4000 until I stumbled across your post on creating new word doc's. I'm in the process now of trying to load that on. The other reason I wanted the new phone was for a gps nav system. Is there a program that will do that for this phone with voice commands?

Guest Confucious

Welcome to the forums 190ed

There are lots of GPS programs - which country are you from? If you are in the UK then CoPilot 7, iGo or TomTom should all be OK with CoPilot 7 being the current favourite, in other countries other programs might be better.

Guest Paul (MVP)

The original .net CF is in ROM, so it shouldn't be possible to uninstall it as such. If somehow the later install has broken the registry so the .net CF doesn't work, sadly the most straightforward fix is going to be a hard reset (restore to factory defaults / clear storage)!

P

Guest ov_darkness

Paul (MVP): wich handset would You chose and why? (they have similar price, functionality):

1. Toshi G500 (I love the keypad of this device)

2. Nokia E51 (nice design, but small keys)

I need mostly phone (and SMS- lotsa SMS :( ) and net browser. I also read lots of ebooks. Good email client would be very nice. I will not listen music, watch films, or play games on the phone. I like big devices with comfortable keypads, but Nokia's fit and finish just amazed me.

Edited by ov_darkness

Guest Paul (MVP)

Neither, the G500 is (IMHO) rubbish and I don't like SYmbian.

What about a Euro spec Q9H? Absolutely AMAZING keypad, nice mail client of WM, nice landscape screen with light sensor, 3G speed, great build quality too.

P

Guest ov_darkness

It has qwerty keypad, landscape screen... It's definietly NOT a device for me.

I'm considering only phones from the offer of PLAY

They have Toshi g900, Nokia E90 AND SEP1i, but they are very expensive. (I'm thinking about P1i - it's very nice pone).

Why you think that g500 is rubbish Paul(MVP)?

Edited by ov_darkness

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest egymark
I like our postman, he's a nice chap. He has a hard time delivering to me, to be sure, and does a sterling job. Today tho, he's my favourite person on the planet.

Why? Here's why!

16-Mar-2007_myvox.jpg16-Mar-2007_mytosh.jpg16-Mar-2007_mye600.jpg

Got a question about the HTC S710 'Vox', Toshiba G500 or Orange SPV E600? I'm your man :D

P

Thanks a lot KING :)

I have only one question:

I have HTC _ S710 _ .....

I installed some new Home Screen, but I don't like it because there is no program shortcuts on it.... when I come to : Setting / Home screen : can't find the home screen for HTC (default / standard) one, I can see only the new home screens which I installed it..... I think I make over write on it,

are you have any idea about it? I hope so.

Pleasssssssse

Thanks in advance, and waiting for your early reply.

Edited by egymark

• 8 months later...
Guest zambon12
hi...my TOSHIBA g500 PORTEGE smartphone can't install cab files...can you help me? please

i think i need a cab installer where can i find one? (Sorry for bad english)

Guest zambon12
You do not unzip it - just run it.

it says

alert

Can't find "[1145]SmurfSetup"(or one of its components).Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available.

Edited by zambon12

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.