PaulOBrien

MoDaCo.TV: HTC S710 'Vox' + Toshiba G500 (+ more)

74 posts in this topic

offtopic, when is the 730 relase?

offtopic, when is the 730 relase?

I expect September. It hasn't made it to the HTC website. Also, with HTC products, street dates have been 1-2 months after the "release" date, which pdadb puts at July.

Even more offtopic, who runs pdadb.net? How do they make money? (I disabled adblock, and I don't see any ads on the site).

They licence their DB, for vast amounts of money ;)

I spoke to them about using it on MoDaCo, but unfortunately it was too expensive so we'll build our own :D

P

Very good vid, i do like the 710, might be looking at it as an upgrade

I did find a sight that did vids for testing computer stuff called www.3dgameman.com , it does help alot when deciding if something is worth it, i would like to see more on this site.

The man in T-Mobile in Exeter, Devon said they had a Win Mobile 6 phone coming out soon, that might be the one.

Photos to come too.

BTW, if you point your device at http://soapbox.msn.com/mobile and search for 'S710', you should find this vid and be able to play it on your device! (connection allowing)

P

Slightly off-topic I guess but

I can only get audio - no video from this.

Any ideas please?

Very nice! Thanks for the vid! ;)

Slightly off-topic I guess but

I can only get audio - no video from this.

Any ideas please?

Hmm - it works fine when out and about using 3g but not when using pass-thru?

Great vid by the way! Keep them coming!

Cool video Paul! Is it possible to download it somewehere?

Also im thinking about moving to the HTC S620 from a Nokia E61 (missing windows mobile) do you think it's a good idea or should I wait for the cavalier?

Thanks... there's no download option currently, I could put a DivX up tho if it was of interest?

P

The S620 is a great device... how much do you want 3G? ;)

P

If you're getting only audio, you may need to update your flash player (new video format in flash 8 compared to 7, but same mp3 audio).

That G500 looks very nice... except the camera looks *awful*! anyone agree?

Videos are great paul, we'd all love to seem them be regular. Maybe name them MoDaCast? ;) hehe

DivX version can now be downloaded here!

P

Thanks Paul. Something fun to watch and have on my computer ;) I don't really need 3G so a S620 will most probably be purchased next week .

Is there any programs you recommend for it?

I'd love to see a video of the Ameo. It's my favourite at the moment. If only it had WM6, i'd be on my way to the T-Mobile shop now!

Wow, I was sold on the Vox before, but the Toshiba might steal my heart.

I have an HTC Tornado now, but I'm not the biggest fan of the utilitarian design (especially the US "humped" version I have), so I'm always looking for something sexier to come out.

The vox sounded good, but the more I see it the more it reminds me of a Nokia 6620... its very short and stout looking.

Question: With the Qwerty extended, does the Vox feel strange to use? I don't like how the design makes it so that the screen is off to the right of the keyboard instead of the center. I didn't particularly feel comfortable on the Dash when I had it, I think that I would dislike the Vox even more!

Thought?

However the G500... wow, now THAT's a minimalist design! Its so tiny and sleek... I can't beleive so many people here are talking about the Vox and not the Toshiba! I want to hear more about that one...

The screen position doesn't bother me really, but then i'm used to it with Pocket PCs to a slightly lesser extent.

I have to agree, the G500 is nice... still wish it was WM6 tho ;)

P

You'll be interested in the Toshiba specific preview video later this week then on MoDaCoTV ;)

P

You'll be interested in the Toshiba specific preview video later this week then on MoDaCoTV ;)

P

Any change of a VOX specific preview?

Perhaps 'A day in the life of paul and his Vox' ?

Guy

Damnit.. I was just getting excited about getting the Vox in a few weeks, and then you have to go tell me there's a better version coming out in a few months :D ;) he

Any change of a VOX specific preview?

Perhaps 'A day in the life of paul and his Vox' ?

Guy

Oh, a Vox preview is coming too, but 'A day in the life of Paul and his Vox' would probably be incredibly dull ;)

P

Damnit.. I was just getting excited about getting the Vox in a few weeks, and then you have to go tell me there's a better version coming out in a few months :D ;) he

Always the way... I still think the Vox is worth getting excited about tho :(

P

I would like a Vox specific review very much too, and a Wings review in a few months ;)

Paul,

Can you do a video of the Vox and all its features etc mate?

MoDaCo is part of the MoDaCo.network, © Paul O'Brien 2002-2016. MoDaCo uses IntelliTxt technology.