myPhone

Guest waltzb

index.php?automodule=downloads&req=display&code=sst&id=2184

File Name: myPhone

File Submitter: waltzb

File Submitted: 6 Mar 2007

File Updated: 18 Apr 2007

File Category: QVGA Landscape ( Moto Q )

http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=15747

Just posted the latest version(s) of this theme: 3.4 and 3.5 (X)

- 3.4 now includes the Smartmonitor plugin on the first page

- 3.5 (or Xtreme as I'm calling it ;) ) includes a functional, dynamic calendar button and today's forecast in the place of a button on the second page.

Please see the readme file I've included before trying to install this theme on your phone. Enjoy.

Click here to download this file

Guest huskya

Cool stuff,

do you think it would be possible to change it in a way so that I can navigate the whole screen with he thumbwheel on my BlackJack rather than the d-pad?

thanks

M

Guest waltzb
Cool stuff,

do you think it would be possible to change it in a way so that I can navigate the whole screen with he thumbwheel on my BlackJack rather than the d-pad?

thanks

M

Thanks. It's a good suggestion, but since I only have a motorola q, I have no idea how to do that. Sorry. I think, however, the issue is really related to the plugins (the nature of how they work), not the way I've coded the homescreen itself. Maybe someone else has an idea?

Guest xghostx

is it possible to run this theme without these or are they a must? great work and i hope to run it soon!

This theme uses facade, RJ Time (with version 3.2), and phoneAlarm (not a free progam). Within the .zip file is a readme file, a "myPhone" cab and a font installer cab.

Guest waltzb
is it possible to run this theme without these or are they a must? great work and i hope to run it soon!

This theme uses facade, RJ Time (with version 3.2), and phoneAlarm (not a free progam). Within the .zip file is a readme file, a "myPhone" cab and a font installer cab.

Yeah, they are a must for this skin. RJ time is free, but facade and phoneAlarm are not. I believe you can get trial versions of them however. Facade runs the top rows of buttons and the schedule plugin while phoneAlarm runs the bottom row of buttons. I think they are both great programs that are well worth it. Let me know if I can help in any other way.

Edited by waltzb

excellent stuff! clap clap! btw wondering if there will be a potrait verson for this theme and i believe alot of people with potrait sp will look forward to it also. cheers and thanks!

Guest waltzb
excellent stuff! clap clap! btw wondering if there will be a potrait verson for this theme and i believe alot of people with potrait sp will look forward to it also. cheers and thanks!

Thanks. I really just made this for myself and decided to post it. I do still have a portrait phone around (Samsung i600), maybe if there is interest and I get some time to work on it . . . . Thanks again.

Guest waltzb
how do i get this to work with fizz weather?

Hmm. Good question. I've thought some about where it could go. Everything is pretty tight on the second screen. Thought about combining calendar and fizz with orange and putting both on the first screen, side by side. Any ideas?

Guest xghostx
Hmm. Good question. I've thought some about where it could go. Everything is pretty tight on the second screen. Thought about combining calendar and fizz with orange and putting both on the first screen, side by side. Any ideas?

that would be slick!

Guest huskya

yes I think it has to do how facade/PA do the navigation. I was playing with this over the weekend and the only way I got it to work the way I wanted was to put every icon in it's own plugin which slows the phone down considerably so not really an option. <_<

I'll post a question on the facade support forum and see what they come up with :-)

M

Thanks. It's a good suggestion, but since I only have a motorola q, I have no idea how to do that. Sorry. I think, however, the issue is really related to the plugins (the nature of how they work), not the way I've coded the homescreen itself. Maybe someone else has an idea?

Guest waltzb
how do i get this to work with fizz weather?

FYI. Worked out almost everything for this update. I've got some things to tidy up yet, but I should be rolling this out soon, maybe tomorrow if I get a little more time to work on it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Update: Just posted it.

http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showt...747&st=176#

Edited by waltzb

Guest rizzo420

Much Much Praise my friend. I love the Clock Overlay. Looks Stellar.

Thanks for the easy README too!

Keep up the good work ;)

Guest ecsk2
. Let me know if I can help in any other way.

Would really really much want a landscape version of this, or how hard would it be to customize it myself??

Guest waltzb
Would really really much want a landscape version of this, or how hard would it be to customize it myself??

This is a landscape theme. Did you mean to say a portrait version? If so, there are portrait versions of the iPhone theme out there. Here is a nice one:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/anders.ruohio/sp/iphonev2.html

Edited by waltzb

Guest ecsk2
This is a landscape theme. Did you mean to say a portrait version? If so, there are portrait versions of the iPhone theme out there. Here is a nice one:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/anders.ruohio/sp/iphonev2.html

Our posts must have crossed. Please see my last post.

Yeah I know but I'm not as much after a homescreen only, what I really need

(for a friend who's vision isn't the best anymore nor very computer savvy, hence these 'direct link icons' would be ideal)

is the page I showed above, I also posted on here:

http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showt...mp;#entry154954

Sorry but these forums seem somewhat odd/different with the layout of replies..

Guest Holliwood

File Name: myPhone

File Submitter: waltzb

File Submitted: 6 Mar 2007

File Updated: 23 Mar 2007

File Category: QVGA Landscape ( Moto Q )

http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=15747

Click here to download this file

This is an awesome theme and very much appreciated. I installed the theme as outlined and everything is working perfectly except for the Media Icon and the Photo's Icon. When I click on either one of the Icons it tells me error opening the shortcut or locating the target filename. Do you know a way that I can get these two Icons to work correctly.

Thanks.

Eric

Guest waltzb
Yeah I know but I'm not as much after a homescreen only, what I really need

(for a friend who's vision isn't the best anymore nor very computer savvy, hence these 'direct link icons' would be ideal)

is the page I showed above, I also posted on here:

http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showt...mp;#entry154954

Sorry but these forums seem somewhat odd/different with the layout of replies..

Got your pm. I understand. I've never done anything for that format, but my last phone might work for me to experiment on. Let me check on what I have and see what I can do.

Guest waltzb

Just curious how many people are still interested in getting a portrait version of this theme?

Edited by waltzb

Guest waltzb
This is an awesome theme and very much appreciated. I installed the theme as outlined and everything is working perfectly except for the Media Icon and the Photo's Icon. When I click on either one of the Icons it tells me error opening the shortcut or locating the target filename. Do you know a way that I can get these two Icons to work correctly.

Thanks.

Eric

The media icon sounds like you have an older installation file that is still floating around. Go to this link and I explain how to edit the file to correct it:

http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php?showt...mp;#entry151868

Guest ecsk2
Here is my first attempt (which means it is going to be very rough). I had to adapt and use much of another person's (Toblo) phoneAlarm theme because I'm just guessing at numbers without it. The .zip file contents should go in the following places on your phone:

- myPhone_portrait.home.xml and the myPhone folder goes in the Application Data\Home folder

- myPhonePT.skn and the myPhonePT folder goes in the Program Files\phoneAlarm folder

I will say that if there is any trouble-shooting (which I'm sure there will be), I won't be much help. Hopefully it is close.

Thank you very much I'll see if I can test it out tonight!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.