Dopod 818 Pro Screen Problem

Guest dnank

Guest dnank

I have used it for about a year. I have never had any problems with it. But, lately when I press the power button to use it, the screen is just white. It appears that the buttons still work and I can receive calls when it is like this. I just can't see anything on the screen. I haven't installed any new apps lately and am not having any other problems like freezing. If I wait a while and turn it back on the screen comes back like normal, but it is happening more often now. Did the hard reset and at first the screen comes up normally, but starts doing it again.

• 1 month later...
Guest gmkwan
I have used it for about a year. I have never had any problems with it. But, lately when I press the power button to use it, the screen is just white. It appears that the buttons still work and I can receive calls when it is like this. I just can't see anything on the screen. I haven't installed any new apps lately and am not having any other problems like freezing. If I wait a while and turn it back on the screen comes back like normal, but it is happening more often now. Did the hard reset and at first the screen comes up normally, but starts doing it again.

I have the same problem...please help...desperate...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rayraysinc
I have the same problem...please help...desperate...
Same problem here MATES, it happens to me about once every week and half. Goes white, then fuzzy lines. I usually pull out battery wait a minute, replace, power on. Sometimes have to do it 2 times. Just recently did a hard reset and haven't had any problems yet. Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dnank

As mysteriously as this problem appeared for me, it disappeared. I tried removing the battery which inconsistently helped but didn't cure it. I even got desperate and tried a hard reset, but that didn't fix it either. It just went away and it doesn't appear to be anything I did. It hasn't done it in about a month, not once.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest strumbeat
As mysteriously as this problem appeared for me, it disappeared. I tried removing the battery which inconsistently helped but didn't cure it. I even got desperate and tried a hard reset, but that didn't fix it either. It just went away and it doesn't appear to be anything I did. It hasn't done it in about a month, not once.

I have had mine ( Prophet ) for a year, also froze on a text message, went white , nothing responded , it just shows HTC splash screen and goes white ! sometimes the white screen changes to fine vertical lines which increase .

Have tried new ROM upgrade , old one only from Bootloader screen , it goes 100% and then tries to reboot after upgrade and stays on splash screen . Icant get windows to start. hard reset You name it ive tried it !

ANY IDEAS ! only tried IMATE ROM AND THE SOUTH AFRICAN DISTRIBUTORS LATEST ROM ????????????

It either comes up with HTC innovation splash or nothing and just hangs !! Im looking at TERA TERM ? ETC ? HELP !!

DESPERATE !!