• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Software Installation Query

11 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I have tried downloading this software:

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/get-blutooth-manager.html

The package contains two files DRYAR-~1.000 and DRYAR-~1.001.

Ive read many people say you just transfer the files onto your fone and open it. But this does not work for me. It walways says runs the associated application first.

I have downloaded various software that has these .000 and .001 files just dont no how to install.

Can any1 help.

Also tried CabviaActivesync and that doesnt work either.

Thanks for ur help

Posted · Report post

Welcome to the forum ;)

Inside the zip file you downloaded is a cab file. Windows will give it the same icon as a zip file but you do not unpack it.

Instead, transfer the complete cab file to your phone and use the Vario's file explorer to click on it to run it there.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hi,

you just need to copy the CAB to your phone and click on it, the two files you mention are inside the CAB. you don't need to open it!

Have a look here: http://wiki.modaco.com/index.php/Getting_s...alling_software

EDIT: Disco beat me to it!!

Edited by mandt

Posted (edited) · Report post

Thanks for the replies. Once i unzip it i only get the two above files. There are no cab files. Sometimes with other software i get loads of these files (for example: .001 .002 .003) and a file called setup_XML but even those i cant seem to install.

Im seriously lost with this

Here is a picture of the two files that i get once unzipped:

untitledch9.th.png

Edited by RazUddin

Posted · Report post

Once i download i get a zip file. Once i unzip it i get those same two files as the picture above. And the same happens as above

Posted · Report post

Are you SURE you're getting a zip file, cuz I uploaded a CAB

are your file extensions in XP showing?

Posted · Report post

Are you SURE you're getting a zip file, cuz I uploaded a CAB

are your file extensions in XP showing?

Just worked it out. I used to get it as i zip file so i first unzipped it to get the two above files. Just worked out that i dont unzip and just send it to fone straightaway.

Sugar!!! I feel dumb. ;)

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated

Posted · Report post

Glad to help

Posted · Report post

We've all done it ! ;)

Posted · Report post

we sure have Disco!...

... although it was about 4 years ago ;)