IMATE SP5 Bootloader Problem please help!!

Guest mankian

Guest mankian

Hiya,

Basically on my SP5 (running SP5 rom so nothing funny going on) i played with some reg settings, and now it will not boot windows, not for anyone!

I can get it into the bootloader (to attempt to reflash it) but running the rom update utility it just says "cant find phone make sure its plugged in".

THe phone is plugged in, the bootloader recognises USB connection is there as does the PC. THe stupid rom update utility expects the phone to be powered into windows mobile.

Is there a way around this or is my phone just going into the bin?

thanks!

Guest notaliberal

Not sure how to get past that, but you can always jsut do a hard reset and get it back to factory defaults...

Hold down the outer two softkeys, press the power button for a second or two, and dont release the soft keys until you see the message telling you to press 0 to reset or any other keys to cancel. Press 0 and wait...

Good luck,

Guest mankian

unfortunatly, you cant hard reset a SP5 by doing that method ;) tried it... many times :D

i need a way of getting the rom update utility to bypass all the crappy checks it does (ie. battery level/etc)

somebody on here MUST know how to do it (becuase people are hacking roms from other phones onto there own)...

Guest slimgym

> unfortunatly, you cant hard reset a SP5 by doing that method ;) tried it... many times :D

Are you sure? Certainly works on my SP5m. You hold the two soft keys in and tap the power button, you only hold in the soft keys, then a screen comes up telling you to press 0. I tried it several times before realising you press/release power button and not hold it in.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Doctor
Hiya,

Basically on my SP5 (running SP5 rom so nothing funny going on) i played with some reg settings, and now it will not boot windows, not for anyone!

I can get it into the bootloader (to attempt to reflash it) but running the rom update utility it just says "cant find phone make sure its plugged in".

THe phone is plugged in, the bootloader recognises USB connection is there as does the PC. THe stupid rom update utility expects the phone to be powered into windows mobile.

Is there a way around this or is my phone just going into the bin?

thanks!

Disable USB connections in ActiveSync connection settings and rerun the update utility for the SP5 with your phone in bootloader

Phil

• 1 year later...
Guest Japes

Hi, i experience the exact same problem!

When i do the hard reset, and it brings up the black screen telling me to press 0, i press 0.

BUT, then it just displays the blue imate startup screen, and it doesn't go any further than that!

is the another way to completely restore the phone back to its factory settings and so on...????

PLEASE PLEASE HELP???

Regards

Japes

• 4 months later...
Guest khoza1ZN
If you got to this by tring to flash your device, have you tried running the update again?

well my phone turns on and when you touch any key it power cycles....I tried updating the flash completed half way then the fone switched off...cant do nothing cause thirs no i-mate agent near buy...please come with the solution my fone is stressing me........If you install windows again would it help???