MAC Address

Guest Pagemakers

Guest Stepir
How do you locate the wifi MAC address on the i600?

had the same problem...

the only solution was disabling mac filtering on my AP, let the I600 connect freely and then browse the MAC from the AP web gui...

Guest chucky.egg

Depending on your router you could keep MAC filtering on and try to connect - it'll fail, but your router may record recent attempts and their MAC address.

Failing that why not disconnect your router from t'internet and remove MAC filtering?

It'll only take a minute, and you turn it back on once you've got the MAC address.

Guest Pagemakers
Depending on your router you could keep MAC filtering on and try to connect - it'll fail, but your router may record recent attempts and their MAC address.

Failing that why not disconnect your router from t'internet and remove MAC filtering?

It'll only take a minute, and you turn it back on once you've got the MAC address.

Did that and it works. Samsung have excallated this issue to head office....

Did that and it works. Samsung have excallated this issue to head office....

You can find the MAC address in the admin settings.

Either dial *#1546792*# or invoke \Windows\AdminSettings.exe (or make a link to it in the start menu and invoke it from there). This will give you a menu:

1 Version

2 Preconfiguration

3 Network and Call settings

4 Internal

You can find the MAC address under Version -> PDA Version (scroll down).

Hope that helps...

Guest Pagemakers

PS: How do you paste a shortcut in the start menu? When I try the only option is to paste the app there, not paste shortcut, unlike every other WM phone I have owned.

PS: How do you paste a shortcut in the start menu? When I try the only option is to paste the app there, not paste shortcut, unlike every other WM phone I have owned.

I'm using Resco Explorer 2005 for it. I never tried it with the built-in explorer.

Also my i600 was partly locked. I don't mean application locked or SIM locked but parts of the registry and start menu were locked (so that I couldn't move the soft link for ActiveSync for example). See also here:

http://www.theunwired.net/?itemid=3749

I had to unlock it using the good old SDA_ApplicationUnlock from NovoMobile:

http://wiki.spv-developers.com/index.php/S...plicationUnlock

Edited by tw

Guest laphroaig007

hello

I have tried all that is written in this post, but unfortunately, I still cannot Wifi MAC address of my Samsung i600...

Anyone has other clues ?

thanx for a newbie !

;)

Guest laphroaig007

Hi again

May I point out I own the Samsung (SGH-)i600V, the Vodafone european version of the US blackjack.

When I type *#1546792*# using my keyboard, what should I do next, as nothing happens. Should I press OK or the green "pick up" key ?

Should I also add that I'm connected to my wifi network...

;)

Edited by laphroaig007

Guest Pagemakers

Strange it worked on mine yesterday and now it does not. I have the same phone as you but mine is non-voda.

Have you tried to execute Windows\AdminSettings.exe

PS: Samsung have taken a week to find an answer about this and still they are working on it despite me calling them 3 times!

Guest laphroaig007

I also called Samsung and SFR hotlines... no more help than what you got ! when I called, seemed to me I was a real alien, talking chinese or whatever exotic language !

I finally managed to run AdminSettings.exe AND I GOT MY MAC ADDRESS for WIFI !

thanx Pagemaker, I've been dealing with this for a full week !

;)

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...