Potential Annoying problem with M700

Guest hp1

Looking at the review on CoolSmartPhone it looks like the stylus comes out of the bottom right of the device. If it is docked in a cradle then you're gonna have to remove the device if you want to get the stylus out. either that or you remember to get it out before you dock it. could be annoying.

What I do with my PDA at the moment (before it stoped working) is that I have home-made stylus holder (bit of bluetack) beside it with which I use when docked.

Not only in a cradle, but annoying in general use too. Every other PDA/phone I have had, had the stylus in the top right-hand corner, so I instinctively keep poking the stylus there on the m700 ;)

For the cradle, i got a couple of ones cheap of ebay, and have dillled a little hole and glued a bit of plastic on to make a holder for a spare stylus which stays in the cradle.

BTW, the cradles I have are like this

7671_2.JPG

and they scratch the sides of the m700 when you slide it in. What you have to do is cut the front and part of the sides of that upstand off, so that the m700 is resting on the back of the cradle and part of the sides, and is not fully enclosed in the cradle.

The ones I recieved from two UK ebay suppliers were different from the ones pictured on their pages. The ones with more of an open front and more square in appearance, would probably be better and not requre cutting.

I see so a spare 'stick' is the way to go, perhaps with a stick holder made out of bluetac. Bodgetastic!

DG, yeah was looking at those cradles on ebay, thanks for the warning about the scratches.

Guest mavisdavis

Or your could use a remote controller like THIS

And just use your keyboard instead. Ive made a metal holder for min (sheety by trade) so mine all custom fitting ;-)

Guest dr_nick

that remote control function is AWESOME!

now my ppc can control my pc and vice versa!

any chance we can get it free on modaco plus?

Guest dave106
that remote control function is AWESOME!

now my ppc can control my pc and vice versa!

any chance we can get it free on modaco plus?

get yourself a copy of 'windows mobile developer power toys', in it is the 'activesync remote display', which allows to control the ppc from a pc. to get it workin on a wm5 device, copy over cerdisp2 and killproc to \windows from the C:\Program Files\Windows Mobile Developer Power Toys\ActiveSync_Remote_Display\devices\wce400\armv4 folder on the pc and best of all its free!