microUSB > JACK 3.5 adapter?

Guest phshatiy

Guest phshatiy

I'm using KOSS earphones with my PDA. Since I bought Qtek 8500, I have to carry all the time also another earphones, only because of that fuc*in' microUSB.. Does anyone know, if there is a microUSB > JACK 3.5 adapter? I've been searching for it on ebay, but no success.. Brando doesn't offer anything too...

Guest Metoo
not sure when this is going to be released - probably when the S710 ships in volume but...

http://www.expansys.com/htc/p_htc_item.aspx?i=145867

Thats a mini-USB plug, not the flat micro-USB used on the 8500.

Expansys do this,

http://www.mobileplanet.com/p.aspx?i=140427 and this

http://www.mobileplanet.com/p.aspx?i=137745

but neither accept standard earphones ;)

Only way I can see is to butcher an existing headset by snipping off the existing earphones

http://www.mobileplanet.com/p.aspx?i=135502

(keeping the mic and junction box) and soldering in a 3.5mm in line socket.

Or, for a much cleaner option, seeing as the 8500 supports A2DP, use a bluetooth adapter like the i-Tech Clip S35:-

http://www.mobileplanet.com/p.aspx?i=125691

Edited by Metoo

Guest phshatiy

Thanks ladies..

But, bloody hell, seems like I am stuck up with this microUSB thing... I tried few BT headsets. All of them worked perfectly (except the Nokia sh*t which seems not working everywhere), but it drains the battery a lot. I listen music in tram/subway for about 4 hours a day and I still need to be online too. So bluetooth headset is no solution for me.

And I don't want to put my original HTC earphones in risk by butchering them... Hope somebody finds the microUSB>JACK adapter soon...

I regret buying the 8500 a lot.

Guest Metoo
That's miniUSB ;) I need microUSB>JACK

Yeh, funny how these Smart Alecs, and their amazing friends, never bother to read, isn't it? :D

Just a shame there's no cheap headsets or adapters around to get you the plug to build your own adapter. I doubt that any of the after-market 8500 USB sync/charge leads will have the audio pins wired out.

Edited by Metoo

Guest phshatiy
Yeh, funny how these Smart Alecs, and their amazing friends, never bother to read, isn't it? :D

Just a shame there's no cheap headsets or adapters around to get you the plug to build your own adapter. I doubt that any of the after-market 8500 USB sync/charge leads will have the audio pins wired out.

Well, i still hope that Brando will release something ;) .. Coz I don't like carrying 2 headphones..

Guest ÐĺŞĀ
Well, i still hope that Brando will release something ;) .. Coz I don't like carrying 2 headphones..

Does anyone know if a MICRO.USB > 3.5mm adapter will be released? I really need one, the standard headphones with the strtrk are a joke if ur at the gym tryn to listen to music :D

Guest Metoo
Does anyone know if a MICRO.USB > 3.5mm adapter will be released? I really need one, the standard headphones with the strtrk are a joke if ur at the gym tryn to listen to music ;)

I doubt it unless HTC bring more models out with the same connector. Given the time the 8500 has been out, I would have thought that if anyone was going to make one, they'd have done so by now to maximise sales while the phone is still current. Otherwise the only other option is to modify an existing HTC headset by replacing the earpieces with a socket, or to use Bluetooth.

That said, there's no harm in asking Brando (or any other accessory manufacturer) if they have plans to sell an adapter. One thing is for sure - they're not going to do so if no-one is asking for them. It's no good hoping someone else will do it for you. If you want it to happen, send a few emails to suppliers. Complaining in internet forums won't make it magically appear!

Edited by Metoo

Guest TomH123
Finaly, it's here ^^ Well it should be in a matter of weeks, but anyway ^__^

It's a HTC P3350 W100 . You can get it at expansys http://www.expansys.com/htc/p_htc_item.aspx?i=145858

Does any one know for sure if this works with the StrTrk? Does the P3350 have the same connector? I'd like to get it but it's kind of expensive if it doesn't work and the web page doesn't indicate it works with the StrTrk.

Guest Metoo
Does any one know for sure if this works with the StrTrk? Does the P3350 have the same connector? I'd like to get it but it's kind of expensive if it doesn't work and the web page doesn't indicate it works with the StrTrk.

You didn't look very hard. The Technical Details state the connector type twice!

Technical Details

* Power: Uses power from device via 11-pin ExtUSB™ interface

* Dimensions (with clip): 49 (L) mm x 18 (W) mm x 14.0 (T) mm

* Interface: 11-pin ExtUSB™ male connector

* Standard 3.5mm audio jack

* Built-in Microphone

How many more times must it be said that the StrkTrk connector is NOT ExtUSB? ;)

Edited by Metoo

Guest phshatiy
You didn't look very hard. The Technical Details state the connector type twice!

Technical Details

* Power: Uses power from device via 11-pin ExtUSB™ interface

* Dimensions (with clip): 49 (L) mm x 18 (W) mm x 14.0 (T) mm

* Interface: 11-pin ExtUSB™ male connector

* Standard 3.5mm audio jack

* Built-in Microphone

How many more times must it be said that the StrkTrk connector is NOT ExtUSB? ;)

It wasn't written before. There was just "11-pin".. So I thought it will work, but after they posted EXTUSB, I just gave up.

Brando says, they wont release any adapter

Guest TomH123
How many more times must it be said that the StrkTrk connector is NOT ExtUSB? :rolleyes:

Generally just once. Since this is the first I've heard the term ExtUSB this would be the once. Of course if I'd known this already I probably wouldn't have asked the simple question. Since the reference to this adapter was posted noone had said anything about one way or the other I wasn't sure if it was compatable or not. The term ExtUSB didn't mean anything to me. Now it does. Sorry you're having a bad day but thanks for the information.

Edited by TomH123

Guest Metoo
Generally just once. Since this is the first I've heard the term ExtUSB this would be the once. Of course if I'd known this already I probably wouldn't have asked the simple question. Since the reference to this adapter was posted noone had said anything about one way or the other I wasn't sure if it was compatable or not. The term ExtUSB didn't mean anything to me. Now it does. Sorry you're having a bad day but thanks for the information.

It wasn't you. If you look at the description of every one of the "solutions" links that have been posted here you'll see they're all described as extUSB. All of which we've said won't fit the StrTrk as they're not microUSB. After a while you get fed up of saying the same thing. Sorry if I didn't make that clearer, or confused the issue by referring to it as miniUSB (which does physically fit extUSB). Obviously if it was as easy as doing a quick Google, as one smart alec sarcastically said, we wouldn't be asking the question at all.

None of which helps the OP, as it looks like there isn't such a thing, and there seems to be little interest in making one.

Another reason for avoiding HTC (or any other manufacturer with proprietary "one model" connectors) I suppose.

Edited by Metoo

Guest bmeek
It wasn't you. If you look at the description of every one of the "solutions" links that have been posted here you'll see they're all described as extUSB. All of which we've said won't fit the StrTrk as they're not microUSB. After a while you get fed up of saying the same thing. Sorry if I didn't make that clearer, or confused the issue by referring to it as miniUSB (which does physically fit extUSB). Obviously if it was as easy as doing a quick Google, as one smart alec sarcastically said, we wouldn't be asking the question at all.

None of which helps the OP, as it looks like there isn't such a thing, and there seems to be little interest in making one.

Another reason for avoiding HTC (or any other manufacturer with proprietary "one model" connectors) I suppose.

There's a thread on this topic with over a hundred posts over on the HTC Wiki site. A fellow doing business on eBay is monitoring the thread and selling the adapter you're looking for (he's actually purchasing strtrk headsets for parts).

I ended up making an adapter out of my stock headset, though I'm a bit disappointed in the StrTrk's somewhat low volume...

Good luck with it.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest rameses
I've just ordered one. :(

And to make things better Paypal sent me a voucher for £7.50 off a purchase, so I got it for free :( :D :(

It's just arrived which is pretty damn quick as it's come from HK. The cable is a bit less than a metre long and the connectors on the end are well made. The headphone end has a 'tie clip' and volume control which has a decent feel. There's also a mic but as I'm only using the headphones for listening to music I won't be using it.

Overall I'm really impressed and would recommend this item, so much so I'm going to order one for my Kaiser too. :(