Paul's must have FREE HTC Vox Software!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Rhinestone
Hi, first post (I think!) so go easy!

Just received my vox this morning .. excellent device I must say. Have installed most of the free and recommended apps, I tried this one .. Google Maps. Despite having a bluetooth'ed GPS paired, the application couldn't locate a GPS receiver. How did you get it to work??

Thanks, M.

Its kinda tricky and I sort of stumbled on it working. First I paired the phone with the TT BT GPS receiver. Now on my ancient PDA the blue light on the GPS comes on steady when it is paired. It does not do this via Live Maps on the 650. After about half an hour of faffing around wondering why its not got a steady blue light on it I sort of give up and start viewing the photographic map thats coming down to the phone. Hey Presto! The light on the GPS comes on steady. I rush outside to check my position and it is indeed working. There is a settting within live maps on the phone that tells the software there is a GPS reciever attached. You will need to alter that when you fire it up.

Hope this helped

Guest ayanGR

Paul, any chance of adding to MoDaCo CardCache the option to move "Inbox" to Storage Card?

Only a coulpe of registry settings are required,

[HKEY_LOCAL_ MACHINE\System\Inbox\Settings]

"PropertyPath"="\Storage Card\Inbox"

"AttachPath"="\Storage Card\Inbox\Attachments"

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dolpher
Probably not appropriate for CardCache, but how about 'MoDaCo CardInbox'?

Here's those settings put into a CAB (it creates the folder on the Storage Card too). :rolleyes:

P

Is it possible to get something like this to work with the Outlook E-mails on the phone.

Guest Peterstorm

Hi all

This maybe a stupid question but can you delete the cab files on the phone that are left after you install them or are they needed?

Guest conan_troutman

they will delete them selves unless like me you make a reg entry to stop it happening that way I can save them to an sd card and always have them in my wallet for an emergency re install.

but not stupid at all after all there is precious little space on these devices for un-needed files

oh delete them if they don't do it automatically...if you so wish to

Edited by conan_troutman

Guest spider

is it correct that I need to reinstall some of the app, whenever I restart my phone?

Currently it seems that I must reinstall clock on top and smart tool kit. Both app is installed on my mem card...could that be the problem?

Guest Samsonite
is it correct that I need to reinstall some of the app, whenever I restart my phone?

Currently it seems that I must reinstall clock on top and smart tool kit. Both app is installed on my mem card...could that be the problem?

dont know about the clock one but Smart Tool Kit is an application that needs to be run after a reboot unless you configure it to autostart. unfortunately, i cant remember how this is done but its a clickable option...

Guest conan_troutman

clock on top is on my mem card and no you do not have to re install after every boot up...if you do then something is wrong

Guest chucky.egg

Does it need to be in \Windows\StartUp?

After installing it will run the app, but if it's not in Startup it might not run each time you restart the phone

Guest spider
clock on top is on my mem card and no you do not have to re install after every boot up...if you do then something is wrong

well on my S710 it does not start up after reboot. I will have to go in to file explore and reinstall it every time. If not then it wont show on my top part of the display...

But what could be wrong?

Guest conan_troutman

there should have been a LNK file placed in the "Windows/Start Up" folder if its not there just copy the lnk you have to that destination and reboot should work at boot up every time

Guest spider
there should have been a LNK file placed in the "Windows/Start Up" folder if its not there just copy the link you have to that destination and reboot should work at boot up every time

thanx :rolleyes: that solved it. Though I had to make my own LNK file as it didn't exist, but after I did so and moved it to the start up folder it works as it should. Thanx a million :P

Guest Menneisyys
Is there any free call recording software for the s710 out there i loved being able to prank call friends and record it.

PMRecorder. See http://www.modaco.com/Review-decent-phone-...ut-t255512.html for more info.

(Make sure you also read my previous articles on all these matters. Also note that the Vox is NOT able to make flawless recordings unlike some other Smartphones like the Oxygen.)

Guest intox

how do i make that lnk file??? sorry im straight noob. havin dat problem were i gotta keep reinstalling the clockontop to work after reboot...

Guest conan_troutman

just copy the one you have now in the start menu and palce it in the start op folder....you dont need to create it jsut copy ok.

how do i make that lnk file??? sorry im straight noob. havin dat problem were i gotta keep reinstalling the clockontop to work after reboot...

Guest agraber

I have problem to automatically connect the Vox to my Bluetooth headset in my car

It worked fine with the MTeor, when I entered the car, the mteor automatically reconnected the headset.

With Vox (710) the automatic reconnection is not done.

I can make the pairing, but next time I want to use the headset I have to reconnect.

HTC says, that this is due to WM6 that puts the Bluetooth in sleeping mode to save energy after 5 minutes.

Does any one of you have a workaround for that ?

Andre

Guest conan_troutman

well after thats stement I am defo sticking to WM5...I mean come on how is WM6 an upgrade when it disables ringtones over a certain file size has no dedicated headset abd car profiles and you can't keep BT switched on which i find essential that it is...lts hope my tornado never dies.

Guest Phrak
HTC says, that this is due to WM6 that puts the Bluetooth in sleeping mode to save energy after 5 minutes.

well after thats stement I am defo sticking to WM5...I mean come on, how is WM6 an upgrade when you can't keep BT switched on which i find essential

Andre, Conan, I agree that the lack of auto WIRELESS STEREO headset pairing is a major pain in the arse, but as yet, I have not founf a work-around :rolleyes:

Unfortunatley, while HTC's statement about the 5min BT energy saving "feature" may or may not be true, it is not the reason why our wireless stereo headsets won't auto reconnect. They're telling you a furphy there.

A paired, wireless handsfree headset (whether it has the A2DP profile or not) WILL stay paired and connected for as long as it is switched on, AND it will auto reconnect when it's switched back on.

It's "just" the wireless stereo headset's (ie. A2DP music headsets) that are currently not giving us the auto-reconnect feature.

Tim

Guest gbshahaq

this may seem obvious to some of the regulars here...

but how about posting a RegEdit tool that works with the Vox?

RegeditSTG from my C600 does not work - what does?

Sham :rolleyes:

BTW - can s.o. UPLOAD the file here pls?