Paul's must have FREE HTC Vox Software!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest birdibird
this may seem obvious to some of the regulars here...

but how about posting a RegEdit tool that works with the Vox?

Use Total Commander, there is a regedit feature, works fine! :rolleyes:

Guest mstar

Vito CopyPaste - To use, press and hold action key!

i know its a dumb question but whats the action key? i installed the exe (double clinicking on it) it then puts a message out saying "is running" but in word i just cnt figure out how to use it :rolleyes:

any help guys??

Guest paholman
Vito CopyPaste - To use, press and hold action key!

i know its a dumb question but whats the action key? i installed the exe (double clinicking on it) it then puts a message out saying "is running" but in word i just cnt figure out how to use it :rolleyes:

any help guys??

Action key= Silver button in the middle of the directional keypad (above key 2).

"Vito Copy and Paste" works in Messages (SMS, Mails), Contacts etc, but not sure if it actually works in Word or Excel. It certainly doesn't work for me in Word.

Edited by paholman

Some of my favourite freeware not listed is:

AmpTweaks v2.0 - Good tweak app for your Smartphone, completely free, and has many good tweaks.

Google Maps - Watch the world on your Smartphone.

SmartToolkit ALPHA-4 - Nice start menu/task manager/copy/pasta from e-Natives for WM5&6, very nice and completely free, a must have I think.

Skype 2.2 for Windows Mobile - Make free Skype-to-Skype calls to users anywhere in the world with Windows Mobile devices.

Total Commander 2.0 - Very good mobile version of Total Commander, completely free, and many different language packs (to download separate).

This was all the freebies I could recommend for now, hope that they will be updated to the list. Why not make this thread for both apps and games???

Edited by whc

Guest digibeta10
Action key= Silver button in the middle of the directional keypad (above key 2).

"Vito Copy and Paste" works in Messages (SMS, Mails), Contacts etc, but not sure if it actually works in Word or Excel. It certainly doesn't work for me in Word.

Yeah doesn't work for me in Word either... obviously just doesn't work in Word :rolleyes: ...which is really annoying as Word is where you really need it!

Does anyone know of another free copy/paste app that works across all applications?

Thanks!

Guest conan_troutman

have you tried vieka word pad it better then pocket word and its free and has its own copy and paste feature...and I know that i can copy information from my contacts and SMS messages using orneta scissors and Vieka can intercept that copy and paste it into its own document using its wn pastre feature.

Guest Pr0sper
SmartToolkit ALPHA-4 anybody useing this? seems like a good app

any experiences of this?

Works fine for me. Though it's using much battery I think...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BeeryGaz
Is it possible to get something like this to work with the Outlook E-mails on the phone.

I'd love to sync attachments and more e-mail to my storage card, but even some of the registry tweaks I've seen won't work on my Vox. Anyone got any bright ideas?

Guest sad_story

RE: Copy/Paste

I am a MAC user, and use missing sync. I seem to be only able to install .CAB files. Anyone have or know where I can get the Vito CopyPaste in .CAB. Or how to install via MAC without it?

Guest Disco Stu
RE: Copy/Paste

I am a MAC user, and use missing sync. I seem to be only able to install .CAB files. Anyone have or know where I can get the Vito CopyPaste in .CAB. Or how to install via MAC without it?

Download the zip version from Vito's site :

Just copy VitoCopyPaste.exe to any place on your device and launch it

http://vitotechnology.com/en/products/down...1867&BID=24

• 2 weeks later...
Guest zauron

I can't get this to work (the inbox extender)! I've installed it successfully but the menu in my inboxes remains unchanged. I've tried restarting but to no avail. Have other people got this working on a Vox/V1415?

Edited by zauron

Guest ghackett

Has anyone tried dot net vnc viewer (http://dotnetvnc.sourceforge.net/). It claims to have support for screen rotation. I'd test but I haven't gotten a vox yet, need more $$$. Great vnc viewer on the dash/excalibur though.

EDIT: Also, what about WM5Storage?

UPDATE: Got my Vox, both apps work great!

Edited by ghackett

I found a free messenger named "Prelude ICQ" which runs perfectly on the Vox in both screen modes at QVGA resolution. This application is quite hard to find since the russian developer has discontinued the development, but I found the latest version (0.5.5) on this website.

Guest Barabbas
has any one tried maniacs autokey lock to see if that works as that and autoflight (although not free) are my two must haves and will influence my purchase of the VOX

The keylock app didnt work for me. I tried with my S710 and no luck. Get some "Error 31" :)

When that is said I know ppl are using it with luck on their VOX, so dunno why this happens for me and some others.

Guest conan_troutman

first off ensure your phone is unlocked second of all ensure you have no other applets that need the same keyboard hook for the autokey lock to work

I get the same error on wm5 device if i install it after I install autoflight.

installing autoflight then autokeylock stops this error. if you have no other progrmas that utilise the red hang up key as one of its function keys then I have no idea as to what is causing the error...sorry

Guest dvoskin

Hey Paul thanks for the good software, but now i have a problem and come to you guys,

I dwnld all the goodies, and also got the settings for tmobile t zones, and mms, activated a tzones plan by setting up as they told me to do it... and internet works great... but my applications like setting up email adresses after i set them up can not connect to internet.... i CLick SEND/RECIEVE on any of my emails and it tells me check connections, same thing with IM+ and any other services that has to connect to internet... any ideas how i can fix this bug

Alex

Guest dvoskin

Hey Paul thanks for the good software, but now i have a problem and come to you guys,

I dwnld all the goodies, and also got the settings for tmobile t zones, and mms, activated a tzones plan by setting up as they told me to do it... and internet works great... but my applications like setting up email adresses after i set them up can not connect to internet.... i CLick SEND/RECIEVE on any of my emails and it tells me check connections, same thing with IM+ and any other services that has to connect to internet... any ideas how i can fix this bug

Alex

Guest robrown

Hi Paul. You're a legend mate, thanks for all this software. Since I got my 650, i am a little confused by the way it handles contacts. It has integrated all my contacts into one long mixed up list including some contacts which are just email, some on the sim, some on outlook etc etc. Is there a way to just view fone numbers in the old skool way. You know back when it was just a name and number?? Many thanks. Rob.

Guest Pumatex

I have the ClockOnTop, DoNew for office, SMS InboxExtender and Vito Copy-Paste. All of them are very cool ones.

Only one question: I do not see the clock on the taskbar when Home is active. Is this normal?