Backlight won't turn off!

Guest TDK

Slightly annoying, but it appears that the backlight on my phone won't turn off - unless I lock the phone.

The backlight dims down after the preset time, but no matter how I configure the settings in Home Screen or Power Management it just won't turn off completely. The only way to get the backlight to go off is to lock the phone and then the screen finally goes black.

Anyone got any ideas before I reset the phone and have to set it up again and re-install all my apps?

Simon.

Guest mrwolf
Slightly annoying, but it appears that the backlight on my phone won't turn off - unless I lock the phone.

The backlight dims down after the preset time, but no matter how I configure the settings in Home Screen or Power Management it just won't turn off completely. The only way to get the backlight to go off is to lock the phone and then the screen finally goes black.

Anyone got any ideas before I reset the phone and have to set it up again and re-install all my apps?

Simon.

I have the same exact problem. But in my case, even if I lock the phone, backlight STILL STAYS ON.

I have a TomTom Mobile 5.21 installed. May this cause that problem?

Edited by mrwolf

Guest mrwolf
I have the same exact problem.

I have a TomTom Mobile 5.21 installed. May this cause that problem?

Tried uninstalling TomTom but no luck.

Any suggestion before I try an hard reset too?

Guest mrwolf
Tried uninstalling TomTom but no luck.

Any suggestion before I try an hard reset too?

I confirm that the problem appears after you run tomtom 5.21 for the first time. Then you have to hard reset to restore backlight functionality.

Maybe I have to upgade to TT6.

Well. I'm not running TomTom - yet I'm still having the same problem; the backlight dims down, but never completely turns off, unless I lock the phone.

I did a hard reset last night and then reinstalled my apps. The backlight was working perfectly until I installed my last couple of apps. So, at this point I think it might be down to The Core Pocket Media Player as that was the last app I installed and the backlight is playing up again? ;)

Is anyone else having problems?

Simon.

Guest kiran_mk2
Well. I'm not running TomTom - yet I'm still having the same problem; the backlight dims down, but never completely turns off, unless I lock the phone.

I did a hard reset last night and then reinstalled my apps. The backlight was working perfectly until I installed my last couple of apps. So, at this point I think it might be down to The Core Pocket Media Player as that was the last app I installed and the backlight is playing up again? ;)

Is anyone else having problems?

Simon.

I've read at another forum that it was Core Player/TCMCP that is causing this problem.

I've read at another forum that it was Core Player/TCMCP that is causing this problem.

Thanks for the info - in that case it looks like my suspicions were correct.

Guest michaelm
Thanks for the info - in that case it looks like my suspicions were correct.

The Corplayer is the problem.. I can confirm.

1 day power without making any calls..

Sad but true.

Guest laita56

you have to change a registry key i think it is HKCU/CONTROL PANEL/POWER then values and change it to 30 or 60. this is a knowm bug on vox (see www.smartphonefrance.fr for further info)

you have to change a registry key i think it is HKCU/CONTROL PANEL/POWER then values and change it to 30 or 60. this is a knowm bug on vox (see www.smartphonefrance.fr for further info)

Awesome! That worked a treat - thanks!

Guest nexxexium
should i greate a new string or how shall i change the value. I have no value right now.

Then you should have no problem.

Or maybe you are not looking very well. \HKCU\Control Panel\Power\ value display.

Use mobileregistryeditor

Guest iangray

I have only taken deliver of a new E650 yesterday, I have not installed any software but I have the bug, the backlight does not turn off it just dims. I have tried the registry hack but the value refered to is not present.

e650reg.doc

Guest iangray
Create it ;)

P

I am now confused. Do you mean edit the default string, or create a new string key called value. A screen shot would be nice.

Also when I try and experiment myself using MobileRegistryEditor I keep getting Access Denied, am I missing another trick

I

Guest skazz

Great tip. I had the same problem after installing tomtom 5.2 on my SPV E650 and was searching for a solution.

I have some feedback too: Using MobileRegistryEditor.exe (version 1.1) I was able to make the setting change without needing any application unlock.

Maybe that's because my Dutch SPV E650 doesn't have an application lock, or maybe that's just because of how MobileRegistryEditor.exe works. Anyway, solution tested and working great.

Guest jporch316

Hey

I Presume the 30 is refrring to seconds before backlight dims - Using PHM registry editor i didint need to unlock phone to alter the value - after installing core media player the value was set on 4 miliion odd!

Guest Griff_FFOC

I'm getting a slightly different issue, but it could be the same solution.

Current Power settings:

Backlight timeout on Batt - 15 seconds

Display time out on Batt - 1 minute.

Now, it seems that if I lock the devce holding the red key down, it dims and switches the screen off in seconds, which is fine. But if I leave it unlocked, the screen dims in the correct time scale (actually 10 seconds instead of 15 but that's fine) , but it seems the display takes, well, it's getting on for 5 minutes now and it's still only dimmed.

So far i've installed:

Facade,

MS Live Search,

Smart2Go,

Resco Trial Suite

The current value of display in HKCU/CONTROL PANEL/POWER is 4294967295.

Is this value correct, or does it need changing to something else?

If it needs changing it may be a prob if it needs app unlocking as the cab I got from http://spvunlock.rd.francetelecom.com/ won't run on my E650 for some reason.

Guest Dster

The registry hack worked for me.

But, after a while, and without installing any new software, it changed back to 0.

Has anyone else had to do the registry hack multiple times without installing new software?

Guest Griff_FFOC

Well, I ran "Clear storage" before the phone went back and now it switches the screen off fine without having to lock the phone.

Will have to check this issue after installing each software to see what was the culprit for me.

Guest jporch316

Griff

HKCU/CONTROL PANEL/POWER is 4294967295 is what mine was set at after installing TCPMP - thats the value I changed back to 30

Jporch