Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sindu

install software from Mac

4 posts in this topic

It seems that it is impossible to install software to our i600 from Mac eventhough we have missing synch installed in the OS X 10.4.9. Am I wrong ???

It seems that it is impossible to install software to our i600 from Mac eventhough we have missing synch installed in the OS X 10.4.9. Am I wrong ???

Programs that require Activesync (.exe or .msi files), No. You can't install them. There are usually .cab files for most programs though, which you can use missing sync to install.

Other than that you could always use Parallels or Bootcamp, assuming you have an intel based mac.

Edited by furby

Programs that require Activesync (.exe or .msi files), No. You can't install them. There are usually .cab files for most programs though, which you can use missing sync to install.

Other than that you could always use Parallels or Bootcamp, assuming you have an intel based mac.

That's what I thought... I was thinking to install CE Star (chinese software) but it doesn't have the cab file. Guess I will have to borrow someone pc for this job.

I think you can use Less MSIerables to extract the cab from the installer...then you can just transfer it to the phone via missing sync and install it directly on the phone.

*looks at Paul for the exact name of the extracter*

Of course, its possible that app isnt mac compatible too thinking about it :s