• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Need help: USB connector broke, where to get another one?

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Sadly, my HTC Wizard/Cingular 8125 USB connector broke off. I'm not sure how it happened but I can only guess the pressure of inserting the mini USB cable wore it's soldered mount points and gave way. I tried soldering it back but when I adjusted those little prongs underneath so it would have good contact with the board, a prong broke off. So I'm out of luck and can't recharge the battery. Does anyone know where I can purchase the identical piece so I can solder it back to the board? Also, has anyone else had this same unfortunate fate? ;)

img8934mt2.jpg

img8935jo7.jpg

thanks,

s-one

Posted

Thank you, but could you specify which part you are talking about in the catalogue? (there are many that really look alike!)...

I need to change the USB connector in my Cingular 8125 but haven't opened it up yet (I will open it up at the last minute, I can use it, until then), so I do not know which part it is exactly...

How difficult was it to take it apart/solder/put it back together?

Thank you very much for your very precious help!

Posted

Thank you, but could you specify which part you are talking about in the catalogue? (there are many that really look alike!)...

I need to change the USB connector in my Cingular 8125 but haven't opened it up yet (I will open it up at the last minute, I can use it, until then), so I do not know which part it is exactly...

How difficult was it to take it apart/solder/put it back together?

Thank you very much for your very precious help!

as there not exspensive you should get mini-b picture c & d cus it could be either one of those.

as for the sodering you should have some skill as they are not very big soder points.

Posted

as there not exspensive you should get mini-b picture c & d cus it could be either one of those.

as for the sodering you should have some skill as they are not very big soder points.

Done, thank you very much! I will keep you up to date on the status of my quest and upload pics if I can. Thank you very much for your help!

Posted

Any update on this repair? I'm getting ready to do the same

Posted

I am also attempting to do the same, I just wanna know whether it worked or not?

Posted

I also need to do the same. Anyone know of a UK supplier of the connector?

Gordon

Posted

I also need to do the same. Anyone know of a UK supplier of the connector?

Gordon

Mouser does ship internationaly but it looked to be exspensive

http://www.jst.co.uk/products/prod_detail....ta_group=EUBB-D

Posted

Hi there I have an O2 mini s which has the same problem. I have attempted a repair on it I would advise great care as the pins at the rear of the USB block are very fragile and are easily snapped off. Luckily I had a spare USB block in my box of bits which I will attempt to reattach. Personally unless you have a very steady hand I would recommend spending the money to get it repaired by a professional as the alignment of the pins is vital to ensure successful charging and syncing.