• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Home Screens

8 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

on my SPV C600 I used some of Juni's skins.. are there any decent skins for the E650 that work with portrait and landscape etc...

Posted · Report post

on my SPV C600 I used some of Juni's skins.. are there any decent skins for the E650 that work with portrait and landscape etc...

Yeah indeed we need some l33t homescreens for the e650

Posted · Report post

On the subject of Homescreens, does anyone else not have the usual Orange homescreen as shown in the manual?

The manual shows and describes the features of the standard homescreen with the plugins down the left hand edge, but mine is more of a standard Windows Mobile homescreen.

Posted · Report post

On the subject of Homescreens, does anyone else not have the usual Orange homescreen as shown in the manual?

The manual shows and describes the features of the standard homescreen with the plugins down the left hand edge, but mine is more of a standard Windows Mobile homescreen.

On other forums is said that orange delivered the e650 withouth Orange ROM as you can see in settings - about there is no operator rom. S710 has same Rom as e650.

Posted · Report post

On other forums is said that orange delivered the e650 withouth Orange ROM as you can see in settings - about there is no operator rom. S710 has same Rom as e650.

Mine doesn't seem to have the Orange Homescreen. It's got an option under Home Screen layout for "Orange" but that just changes the standard Windows Home Screen colours to the Orange ones (making it look like WM2003 in the process!)

Mine definitely has an Orange ROM. It's been badly branded to within an inch of it's life and lacks Messenger.

On the subject of branding (sorry, this'll be off-topic) why oh why did they think it was a good idea to replace half the icons? I could live with all of them being Orangified, but now I have this hybrid screen with some grey and orange, and some bright and colourful. It looks really unprofessional.

Posted (edited) · Report post

On looking at the default screens on the E650 it would appear that they have a dimension of 320 x 320 pixels. There also appears to be a loss of the top and bottom or left and right edges depending on what orientation you have the screen.

Left and right sides ~ Portrait

Top and Bottom ~ Landscape

Difficult to tailor a screen image that looks good in both orientations particularly with objects such as cars and people. For example a homscreen containing a frontal aspect of a car would make it look all squashed and streched with "Carlos Fandango Super Wide Wheels" (who remembers THAT 70s advert????) in Landscape mode.

Can the the xml be triggered to use a one image for portrait mode and an alternate one in landscape???

Edited by Rhinestone

Posted · Report post

Can the the xml be triggered to use a one image for portrait mode and an alternate one in landscape???

I've not got a Vox yet, but that appears to be the case from e650 xml I've looked at

<background bgimage="\Application Data\Home\lizard_style\lizard_style_top.jpg" bgimage-rotated="\Application Data\Home\lizard_style\lizard_style_land.jpg" valign="bottom" />

From http://www.gaborit-d.com/

A few e650 screens are appearing on nectun

Posted · Report post

The E650 ships with Orange customisations, but NOT with the usual Orange homescreen.

P