Home Screens

Guest Fizz_daz

Guest nexxexium
on my SPV C600 I used some of Juni's skins.. are there any decent skins for the E650 that work with portrait and landscape etc...

Yeah indeed we need some l33t homescreens for the e650

Guest Griff_FFOC

On the subject of Homescreens, does anyone else not have the usual Orange homescreen as shown in the manual?

The manual shows and describes the features of the standard homescreen with the plugins down the left hand edge, but mine is more of a standard Windows Mobile homescreen.

Guest nexxexium
On the subject of Homescreens, does anyone else not have the usual Orange homescreen as shown in the manual?

The manual shows and describes the features of the standard homescreen with the plugins down the left hand edge, but mine is more of a standard Windows Mobile homescreen.

On other forums is said that orange delivered the e650 withouth Orange ROM as you can see in settings - about there is no operator rom. S710 has same Rom as e650.

Guest Gajit
On other forums is said that orange delivered the e650 withouth Orange ROM as you can see in settings - about there is no operator rom. S710 has same Rom as e650.

Mine doesn't seem to have the Orange Homescreen. It's got an option under Home Screen layout for "Orange" but that just changes the standard Windows Home Screen colours to the Orange ones (making it look like WM2003 in the process!)

Mine definitely has an Orange ROM. It's been badly branded to within an inch of it's life and lacks Messenger.

On the subject of branding (sorry, this'll be off-topic) why oh why did they think it was a good idea to replace half the icons? I could live with all of them being Orangified, but now I have this hybrid screen with some grey and orange, and some bright and colourful. It looks really unprofessional.

Guest Rhinestone

On looking at the default screens on the E650 it would appear that they have a dimension of 320 x 320 pixels. There also appears to be a loss of the top and bottom or left and right edges depending on what orientation you have the screen.

Left and right sides ~ Portrait

Top and Bottom ~ Landscape

Difficult to tailor a screen image that looks good in both orientations particularly with objects such as cars and people. For example a homscreen containing a frontal aspect of a car would make it look all squashed and streched with "Carlos Fandango Super Wide Wheels" (who remembers THAT 70s advert????) in Landscape mode.

Can the the xml be triggered to use a one image for portrait mode and an alternate one in landscape???

Edited by Rhinestone

Guest Skunkchild
Can the the xml be triggered to use a one image for portrait mode and an alternate one in landscape???

I've not got a Vox yet, but that appears to be the case from e650 xml I've looked at

<background bgimage="\Application Data\Home\lizard_style\lizard_style_top.jpg" bgimage-rotated="\Application Data\Home\lizard_style\lizard_style_land.jpg" valign="bottom" />

From http://www.gaborit-d.com/

A few e650 screens are appearing on nectun