Orange SPV M700

Guest popsys

Guest popsys

hello guys

Have noticed quite a few bits of chat on this phone, as am considering getting this phone on contract your comments on user-friendliness, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Also have a few queries about this phone : firstly, is it possible to switch off the 3G function and access the Net purely via wi-fi which I believe would allow free internet access? and

secondly, does this mobile require a separate bluetooth device to use the SatNav function, its technical spec does not state it has the 20-channel receiver built-in which I believe is reqd for this and yet some reviews state that a separate bluetooth device is not reqd.

Also does anyone know of a good contract deal for this phone"

kind regards

popsys

Guest Disco Stu

Welcome to the forum ;)

I can't answer any of your questions I'm afraid but I do know that the M700 is an HTC Trinity so will move this topic to that section. I imagine you'll find the answers in here.

Guest kame1986
hello guys

Have noticed quite a few bits of chat on this phone, as am considering getting this phone on contract your comments on user-friendliness, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Also have a few queries about this phone : firstly, is it possible to switch off the 3G function and access the Net purely via wi-fi which I believe would allow free internet access? and

secondly, does this mobile require a separate bluetooth device to use the SatNav function, its technical spec does not state it has the 20-channel receiver built-in which I believe is reqd for this and yet some reviews state that a separate bluetooth device is not reqd.

Also does anyone know of a good contract deal for this phone"

kind regards

popsys

*re-reads*

When i go into the Comms Manager, there is a Wifi Option to turn it on/off. Hope that helps.

You dont need a bluetooth device to use the gps on the phone. Getting software for that uses the gps is a good start.......recommend TomTom 6 or CamerAware ;)

Got this phone on Orange Dolphin 35, 500Mins UnlTXt, 18Months, 4months free line rental, 2 months free internet evening and weekend browsing, magic number.

Touch screen is very responsive compared to the LG Prada(Got this phone in stock today, i despise it with pasion). Ive never used a pocket pc b4 in my life and i love this damn phone. Easy enough to pick up and plenty of freeware out there to customize to how ya feel.

Hope this helps!

I had a SE P910 before the m700, and I thought that was good, but the m700 is a great bit of kit. I can't see me leaving the PocketPC format in the future

It has built in gps and even picks up a signal inside buildings.

Yes you can turn off 3g. And Wifi signal is better than my laptops!

I got mine from www.buymobilephones.net on a 12 month contract with 7 months cashback deal.

Of all the great software available, the one I would consider essential is Spb Mobile shell. www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/mobileshell/screenshots.html?en

It makes the screen and phone very finger friendly by generating large icons for all programs and settings, and you can quickly get around the phone.

Also Microsoft Voice Commander is amazingly easy to use and works well - and you don't need to record any commands, it just works from any voice.

My only issue is that I have had the phone lock up whilst in standby a few times and you don't know it has locked, and it requires a soft reset. On other forums, posters have experienced this too with the Trinity. It may be the amount of stuff I have loaded on it, but I am trying to find out.

Its not very nice when your alarms don't go off in the morning, or the phone is not recieving any calls. But its not regular and I check the phone now and again anyway.

Guest Neil5459

GPS works fine, though Orange still don't officially list it as a feature.

It has an 8 channel Qualcomm GPS receiver, as opposed to SirfStarIII which has 12 channels, but it is fast and accurate.