Orange release SPV M3100 (HTC Hermes) update

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest sketchmasterx
Tried updating the ROM but my phone restarts a the first step and when trying ot re-connect i get an error saying "wceusbsh.sys" is missing and it gives me the option tolocate it but i cant find it on my system.

Being a bit more awake today i ran the update again and this time found the missing file in the Active Sync\drivers folder and seems to be working ok now, just waiting for the update to finish.

Guest Zahid

I'm posting this on my M3100 while connected to "Orange Internet (EDGE)".

Has anybody else noticed they are now connecting to EDGE where they were connecting to GPRS (G) before the update?'

EDGE appears to be almost as fast as 3G.

3G is connecting as usual when in a 3G signal area.

Guest jimbouk
I'm posting this on my M3100 while connected to "Orange Internet (EDGE)".

Has anybody else noticed they are now connecting to EDGE where they were connecting to GPRS (G) before the update?'

EDGE appears to be almost as fast as 3G.

3G is connecting as usual when in a 3G signal area.

I have regularly had edge for the last year or 18 months (when in a non 3g area)... Edge runs at about three times the speed of normal G.

Has anyone experienced H on the new rom? I have it but only with a WM6 rom.

Edited by jimbouk

Guest Mops

I've installed the Orange ROM on my 3100 and now it won't conect via Bluetooth to my carkit. I have a Parrott CK3300. It did work, even tho now and again it would disconnect, but now I enter the code and it keeps saying incorrect code.

IMHO Don't Install It.....

Guest PDScott

Has any one noticed that since applying the upgrade, the battery life seems to have gone through the floor? I was previously quite happy with the battery life, now it wont last 24 hours, this is with out wifi on, without bluetooth on, activesync to an exchange server (as before), and with the screen backlight at it's lowest visible setting. Can anyone shed some light on this, have I done something wrong with the upgrade, is the phone now doing something it wasn't? can I go back to the previous version of the ROM, as I find this now unworkable, I can not guarantee that I will be in a position to charge it every day! please help?

Guest Mops
Has any one noticed that since applying the upgrade, the battery life seems to have gone through the floor? I was previously quite happy with the battery life, now it wont last 24 hours, this is with out wifi on, without bluetooth on, activesync to an exchange server (as before), and with the screen backlight at it's lowest visible setting. Can anyone shed some light on this, have I done something wrong with the upgrade, is the phone now doing something it wasn't? can I go back to the previous version of the ROM, as I find this now unworkable, I can not guarantee that I will be in a position to charge it every day! please help?

Do you have 3G enabled? I have switched it off and it changes the battery life considerabley. With it enabled, my phone lasted about a day and a half. It's a very juicy thing to have switched on.

Hope that helps.....

Guest PDScott
Do you have 3G enabled? I have switched it off and it changes the battery life considerabley. With it enabled, my phone lasted about a day and a half. It's a very juicy thing to have switched on.

Hope that helps.....

How do you turn the 3G off? I believe it has always been a 3G phone, but how it has a 3G icon on the top, where I believe it used to be gprs for my data.

Guest jimbouk

It may be now you have HSDPA working, your activesyncing is draining the battery faster.

You can switch down to GSM in phone, settings, band, and select GSM instead of AUTO.

Guest Mops
How do you turn the 3G off? I believe it has always been a 3G phone, but how it has a 3G icon on the top, where I believe it used to be gprs for my data.

Start>Settings>Phone>Band(Tab)>Change Network Type from Auto to GSM>Click on OK. You'll briefly drop connection, then it'll come back up. Where I live I also notice that the signal becomes stronger.....

Guest exH

A slightly different problem.

I was running Outlook 2002 (from my previous phone SPV 500) to sync with my m3100.

Now after the upgrade I can't get it to synchronise with my contacts / calendar data.

I've tried deleting all AS accounts and starting afresh but no joy.

Not sure where I can go from here

exH

Guest exH
A slightly different problem.

I was running Outlook 2002 (from my previous phone SPV 500) to sync with my m3100.

Now after the upgrade I can't get it to synchronise with my contacts / calendar data.

I've tried deleting all AS accounts and starting afresh but no joy.

Not sure where I can go from here

exH

Well FMI :rolleyes:

It's not an issue with the upgrade but more the ongoing flakiness of ActiveSync with WM5 (m3100), possibly about using a USB hub for the connection.

After 24hrs of going through the process of reminding the PC and the device they were meant to sync.. they finally understood the message. Thankfully I'm a persistent SOB and technology will always bow to me if I'm given enough time :P

So for anybody else with the same problem, here's what I did based on something I remember from Modaco a few months ago:

1.Disconnect your device and power it down.

2.Uninstall ActiveSync: I'm using 4.2 and remember certain caveats about moving up to 4.5. You'll need the original install .exe for a prompt to uninstall as there is nothing in Add-Remove programs in the Control Panel.

3.Power-down the PC... wait

4.Power up the PC

5.Install ActiveSync

6.Power-Up the device

7.Connect the device

8.The USB should be detected and the ActiveSync sync wizard should appear..

9.Work your way through the wizard, finish and hopfully all should sync .. but it may no just yet.

10.Disconnect the device and start again (bac to point 1.) until the above point (9) is 100% successful.

I think that if you're not a technology-head you would find a WM mobile device as friendly as a hungry tiger. So I'm putting a hungry tiger image on the Today background as a deterrent to any would-be thief.

exH-Out

Now.. where's that Windows Simple theme gone? Grrrrrrr.

And bluetooth, have I got a week spare to set that up again?

Guest ggrant007

Does anyone have the original Orange 3100 Rom, I installed a free unlock software and now I can't update to the latest rom. I think if I reload the original one i should then be able to to upgrade??

Can someone post a link for it..

thanks

Guest manocheese

Vista wouldn't let me update, MCE on the lappy worked fine though. After that, plentyof room, no sync problems and the vibrate which I though was broken started to work. I can't tell you much more about it because it's running WM6 now, which kicks ass.

Guest Chris B

I have downloaded the AKU3 from the Orange website a few times, and each time I try to run it the install faults and says the file is corrupted. Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone know where I could get another fault free copy?! Thanks.

Guest xrfil
Im running AS 4.5 and Windows XP Pro SP2, good to see im not the only person with the problem.

Being a bit more awake today i ran the update again and this time found the missing file in the Active Sync\drivers folder and seems to be working ok now, just waiting for the update to finish.

im in the same boat! tho mines wont auto find it? any ideas where i can manualy find this file?

cheers

Guest Incarniac
I have downloaded the AKU3 from the Orange website a few times, and each time I try to run it the install faults and says the file is corrupted. Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone know where I could get another fault free copy?! Thanks.

Same problem here, both when running the installer or trying to manually uncompress the package (it fails after uncompressing 35% of the big file, RUU_signed.nbh). I have downloaded it a number of times from Orange using different approaches (with download manager, without, etc), all with the same result.

Edited by Incarniac

Guest Incarniac
Same problem here, both when running the installer or trying to manually uncompress the package (it fails after uncompressing 35% of the big file, RUU_signed.nbh). I have downloaded it a number of times from Orange using different approaches (with download manager, without, etc), all with the same result.

Never mind - downloaded it from the same link again today, and now it worked fine. Haven't updated the phone yet (need to charge it), but the installer works.

Guest Jasonq1

Hi,

Has anyone used Sony Bluetooth headphones (DR-BT20NX) with the m3100 was thinking of getting a pair, will this rom update stop them from working?

Thanks

Jason

Yes.

I'm going to call Orange support tomorrow. The update has completely trashed battery life. I've installed MagicButton to make sure there's nothing still running but I get less than 24hrs standby.

3G, well it was always active before the update, when I had up to 5 days standby. All others (BT/WiFi) are off, only the OS is running.

Is there a download for the previous ROM?

Guest Paul (MVP)

I've had the problem with the Parrot kit before, I think it's a problem with the kit rather than the device.

I've always solved it by deleting some of the unused relationships on the kit itself.

P

Guest jimbouk

I reckon the battery life may be down to HSDPA. Try your device on GSM for 24 hours, instead of Auto (phone, band) and see if it makes a big difference.

I like the faster data so leave it on 3g and carry a charger with me.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest geordiesi
Are Orange going to release a WM6 update in the future for the M3100?

Hi, You may or may not be privy to this info,

I emailed Orange and HTC with the question of an Orange WM6 ROM and received the following from Orange but nothing from HTC.

(Sorry looks like I didn't archive the reply, but it said something like)

Thank you..... blah blah..... Orange will be releasing a windows mobile 6 ROM update sometime soon, during or after April 2007 and it will be available via the Orange web site Help and support page.

so far nothing except the AKU3 available on the business site. Thanks Orange for errr nothing really, so far.

Simon.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.