Problem with backlight on M700

Guest unclelimey

Guest unclelimey

HI,

Just purchased a shiny new SPV M700 yesterday, i have had an M500 and M600 so I'm pretty familiar this type of PPC... but i have struck a problem with it... i have tried all the settings to do with backlight options, but cannot seem to get the light to turn off

With it set to turn off after ten seconds, it hits ten seconds and just dims slightly then stays dim unless i press the standby button to turn the screen off completely... is this supposed to happen? or am i going mad.

i have installed a few progs on it... virtual pool, agile messenger, msn messenger, mini golf 3, imate backgammon, worms world party... but i doubt these could cause it??

please help... maybe there is something i can change in the registry?

thanks in advance

unc

Edited by unclelimey

Guest Neil5459

That seems to be how the new versions of WM5 (and WM6) all work- from AKU 3.0 onwards.

I don't know why this is- the timeout now puts the backlight into minimum illumination, rather than off altogether.

Guest unclelimey
That seems to be how the new versions of WM5 (and WM6) all work- from AKU 3.0 onwards.

I don't know why this is- the timeout now puts the backlight into minimum illumination, rather than off altogether.

thanks for the response, i guess i will have to learn to live with it, trouble is, i use wifi at work and use it to connect to messenger all day, but in order to save battery i wanna turn the light off, the only way to do this is to hit the standby button, but by hitting the standby button it shuts off wifi... hmm what a dilemna

Guest Neil5459

Look for some of the utility applications (like SpB Pocket Plus or SK Menu) which have shortcuts to a 'Screen Off' function. You can assign this to a hardware button, or menu item to quickly kill the screen altogether.

Guest unclelimey
Look for some of the utility applications (like SpB Pocket Plus or SK Menu) which have shortcuts to a 'Screen Off' function. You can assign this to a hardware button, or menu item to quickly kill the screen altogether.

luckily i had already installed spb pocket plus, i did what you said and assigned a hardware button to turn screen off, and it works, wifi stays on with the screen off... thanks for your help...

with any luck someone will come up with a registry fix for this in the future for people who dont have pocket plus. :rolleyes: