• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

i600 and t-mobile

8 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Has anyone managed this? I can't do it and t-mobile says it's impossible.

Posted · Report post

I have done it without a problem. But we are using our own SMTP & POP servers.

Posted · Report post

I've got a very straightforward address mail.ms3.info but it kept saying something along the lines of rejected by the host server, even though the internet connections were working fine. All a bit odd. Then to cap it all someone at t-mobile said it wouldnt work because the phone wasn't being sold by them and therefore not on the system, sounded like bull$hit but then its a funny old world. I'll have another go tomorrow. Any advice on settings would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Posted · Report post

If you are connecting to tmobile you should use their mail servers. It's nonsense what they are saying.

Posted · Report post

Some POP3 providers wont let you send mail unless you use their systems, but you can always Spoof your own email address.

If you provide a vaild POP mailbox username and password you should be able to download messages

If you want to send as well as receive/download then you need to use an SMTP provider that doesn't restrict you if you're not using their (generally dial-up) connection. T-Mobile is as good as most, but your service provider may have their own

Posted · Report post

I have done it without a problem. But we are using our own SMTP & POP servers.

Any chance you could be specific for the settings (other than your pop3 username and password). I can't seem to get any of it to work.

Cheers.

Posted · Report post

Messaging

3 - New Account

Other (POP3/IMAP)

Next

Your name: The name you want displayed

Email address: The email address you want the messages to come from

Automatic setup: Unticked

Next

Username: The userid your mail service provider gave you (eg: [email protected])

Password: the password to go with your userid

Domain: not normally needed

Save password: Ticked

Server type: POP3 (generally)

Account name: the name you want this email account to appear as in the Messaging app

Network: The Internet

Next

Incoming server: Your providers POP server (eg: pop.1and1.co.uk)

Requires SSL: Unticked (generally)

Outgoing server: Your providers SMTP server (eg: auth.smtp.1and1.co.uk)

Outgoing server authentication: Tick this if your SMTP server requires authentication (generally required these days)

Outgoing server settings: Click and enter the userid and password for your SMTP server

Next

Download: Number of days worth of email to download, and amount of each mail to get

So, if your POP server is mail.ms3.info you'd put that in the incoming server field (and possibly your Outgoing server field too, if the same server provides both services)

HTH

Posted · Report post

Some POP3 providers wont let you send mail unless you use their systems, but you can always Spoof your own email address.

If you provide a vaild POP mailbox username and password you should be able to download messages

If you want to send as well as receive/download then you need to use an SMTP provider that doesn't restrict you if you're not using their (generally dial-up) connection. T-Mobile is as good as most, but your service provider may have their own

Hi. I know this is an old post, but I'm wondering if this problem got solved. I have the same problem, although my POP email was working fine on my i600 until about two months ago. Then, all of a sudden, the device says I can't log in. My username and password are valid and accurate (they work fine using Windows Live Email app on my laptop).

Any help would be appreciated.