Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tom WErner

Graphite Spare Parts

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

Had my Graphite a few days - I have cracked the screen (very flimsy in my opinion) and was wondering where I might be able to get a new screen? I didn't take out insurance so I doubt O2 will have anything to say apart from you have to replace it!

Many Thanks,

Tom

...... I have cracked the screen (very flimsy in my opinion) ......

Tom, I broke my screen within 4 weeks of owning it. O2 refused to accept that it was weak or a manufacturing fault. They offered to send it to their repair team but told me they would just return it with a £20 inspection charge as it was outside of the warranty - tried several sjops (same story).

O2 do not do paid for repairs. CPW has a fixed price repai scheme but they refused to touch it. I have found several repair shops that will take a look but they want over £100 to repair it.

Have you had any luck so far?

Can anyone help (a screen part number would be a start)?

Matt

Maybe not worth bothering buying just a screen?

The vodafone version could be used as a parts donor and goes for as low as £36!

Swop the screen into your xda as the v1210 has no wifi or forward facing video calling camera.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=290138459704

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=230150631622

etc etc...

you also get a spare battery, charger, casing, sync cable. :)

M.S

Same thing just happened to my Graphite after 4 weeks of ownership.. no idea how either as I was just in my office at work.. I guess I must have knocked it on something.. doesn't seem very hard wearing like my Mini S is though!

Fortunately I have insurance so it will get repaired or replaced.. good idea about the vodafone donor phones though.. will have to remember this!