• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Navbar

24 posts in this topic

Posted

It've gone to the right side... I don't like it. :rolleyes:

Will we have a choice of where it goes? i.e. drag & drop to the left side.

Or settings?

Or skins?

Posted

Not at the moment, it's an experiment for a few days :rolleyes:

P

Posted

Not at the moment, it's an experiment for a few days :rolleyes:

P

Bring it back to the left!

I don't like it either!

Posted

Definitely put it back on the left. It feels awful having it on the other side! Okay, rather sad to say that over such a minor thing in life, but it doesn't feel right!

Thing is though, it's not consistent. Looking at this page: http://www.modaco.com/Website-f116.html it's on the right, as it should be. :rolleyes:

Posted

Bring it back to the left!

I don't like it either!

i like change.... keeps me on my toes!! :rolleyes:

Posted

It's like coming home to find the Mrs has re-arranged the furniture, and you can't find anything anymore :rolleyes:

Posted

Definitely put it back on the left. It feels awful having it on the other side! Okay, rather sad to say that over such a minor thing in life, but it doesn't feel right!

Thing is though, it's not consistent. Looking at this page: http://www.modaco.com/Website-f116.html it's on the right, as it should be. :rolleyes:

Well spotted, fixed! Muhaha.

Seriously tho, i'm interested in feedback as to WHY it's better on the left than the right. Or is it just a 'that's what i'm used to' thing? What about blocks both sides? :P

P

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I much prefer the navbar on the left side. It was a bit of shock when I first saw it on the right and couldn't find my way around!

Well I guess it's more of a 'thing I'm used to' reason in wanting to keep it on the left. Although many of the website and other online services I use have the navbars on the left. On using these I automatically know where to click without having to look (too much) in to what I'm doing - I know where the different functions are. Also IMO with a lot of applications/browsers their actions/functions are more geared to the left side as well. Meaning I am consistently drawn to the left to undertake actions/functions.

It feels to me to in having the navbar on the right to be going from using something that is natural to something that isn't and against the conformity mentioned above. I'm sure we will all adapt if it remains on the right but I like consistency. :rolleyes:

Just my thoughts.

Edited by cjgarside

Posted

Both sides = bad - less room for good content and too much like every other site.

Left is good - what we're used to but I find myself drawn to it being on the right.....Ahhh the decisions! :rolleyes:

Posted

Both isn't very likely, but i'd love for everyone who's posted here to come back in a day or so and tell me if they now prefer it on the right :rolleyes:

I hated it at first, but now I find it more logical and usable!

P

Posted

Right is all right!

I prefer it I think..

Posted

Both isn't very likely, but i'd love for everyone who's posted here to come back in a day or so and tell me if they now prefer it on the right :rolleyes:

P

I'm wondering why it was changed in the first place rather than whether I'll adjust to its new position.

Posted

There is a method to my madness. I'm not going to tell you what it is though :rolleyes:

P

Posted

seems like im in a minority here.. I much prefer it on the right :rolleyes: .. it did seem strange at first, but im getting to like it more

Certainly makes it quicker and easier when looking at the site from my mobile!

Posted

There is a method to my madness. I'm not going to tell you what it is though :P

P

Was it anything to do with this?

http://www.modaco.com/Site-Layout-Broken-W...In-t254555.html

or just a nice side-effect :rolleyes:

Posted

P

Damn it, I hate it when other people are right!

:P

Posted

Does that mean you're warming to it magic_peanuts? :rolleyes:

P

Posted

And no, it's not related to that post... i'm hardly going to help people make it look better when the ads are blocked am I! Those ads put food on my table :rolleyes:

P

Posted

Leftleftleftleftleftleftleftleft

And you can't call me a luddite - otherwise I wouldnt be a member of Modaco!

Seriously though, my brain prefers menu on left and content on right - and yes it may be because that is what I am used to.

Posted

........Those ads put food on my table :rolleyes:

P

Surely you meant to say ' new cars on my drive' :P

Posted

Does that mean you're warming to it magic_peanuts? :rolleyes:

P

Maybe! :P It does seem more logical and I use it more than I did when it was on the left.

Care to share what the method in your madness is yet?

Posted

Only that you'll use it more now it's on the right :rolleyes:

P

Posted

I like the idea of drag and drop...a la custom Google homepage :rolleyes:

Posted

I like the idea of drag and drop...a la custom Google homepage :rolleyes:

Yeah. Then we will have happy users!

I still don't like the right navbar... everytime I come here, my eyes still fixed to the left side and realised it's not there. lol