PocketSNES problems

Guest keeprocking

Guest keeprocking

Hey...I have successfully installed PocketNester Plus and am able to play any .nes file. I am having trouble trying to play .smc (the SNES file) on my Motorola Q. I have downloaded and successfully instally the Tillanosoft .dll file extension and have successfully installed the PocketSNES.exe file. But everytime that I try and load the ROM's under the PocketSNES program nothing happens. It just goes back to the original PocketSNES logo. Can anyone please pleae please help me? - Joe

• 2 weeks later...
Guest loadedmodg
Hey...I have successfully installed PocketNester Plus and am able to play any .nes file. I am having trouble trying to play .smc (the SNES file) on my Motorola Q. I have downloaded and successfully instally the Tillanosoft .dll file extension and have successfully installed the PocketSNES.exe file. But everytime that I try and load the ROM's under the PocketSNES program nothing happens. It just goes back to the original PocketSNES logo. Can anyone please pleae please help me? - Joe

I too have the same issue, however, it's with a T-mobile Dash. It comes up with the splash screen, and when I select File, then Load ROM... it acts as if I didn't do anything at all. Still the splash. Hopefully someone has an answer or even a direction we should be looking towards, as I'm very excited to have snes running on my dash! :rolleyes:

Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...
Guest starqrtrs
I too have the same issue, however, it's with a T-mobile Dash. It comes up with the splash screen, and when I select File, then Load ROM... it acts as if I didn't do anything at all. Still the splash. Hopefully someone has an answer or even a direction we should be looking towards, as I'm very excited to have snes running on my dash! :)

Thanks!

I have exactly the same issue with the Q and I'm at a complete loss as to what to do next... anyone have some suggestions for us? Clearly were missing something here.

Guest kevinsephiroth

SMC roms are for SNES duh.

nesterplus works with NES roms (either zipped or not) .

<_<

EDIT: Well, I don't know for your problem. Did PocketSNES asked for an external app in order to run? (ie: TgetFile.DLL ?)

Edited by kevinsephiroth

Guest adambomb_13

I have a 312mhz motorola Q and theres gotta be a way to speed up pocketSNES I am very happy to be able to run snes on my motoQ Thank you to the DEV. I had a treo 650 bfore my Q and used LJP to run snes and there was an app to free up dynamic memory called UDMH (dev. DMITRY) i'm wondering if a SP DEV. can come up with a hack/app to trick the SP into thinking it has unlimited dynamic memory then everything including snes will run razor sharp

Heres the link: http://www.palmpowerups.com/modules.php?na...wpage&pid=2

• 1 year later...
Guest Nickleburn
I too have the same issue, however, it's with a T-mobile Dash. It comes up with the splash screen, and when I select File, then Load ROM... it acts as if I didn't do anything at all. Still the splash. Hopefully someone has an answer or even a direction we should be looking towards, as I'm very excited to have snes running on my dash! :D

Thanks!

I was having a similiar issue initially. However when I would navagate to the folder where the roms were it would go back to the splash screen. I had the roms on the path storage card\mobile\snes\roms\roms. After I dumped all of the rom files back a couple directories to storage card\mobile\snes than it would load up the rom directory correctly and let me choose one to load.

However now I have the issues on my Moto Q with getting it to display the rom correctly. It shows about four different lines all garbled up and un playable. I have tried each display options and restarted the rom each time without luck. This is also hapening on multiple roms not just one.

Guest 88Saleen351

Nickelburn,are you using a Motorola Q9H by any chance? Because that's a Q9H specific issue (garbled screen) if that's the case.And what version of Pocketsnes is everyone using? Masterall's? Ver. number.

• 3 months later...
Guest Skodaman

I am on a Q9c and am running into the same issue. I've already downloaded the tgetfile app and also made sure my display settings were correct. I am still seeing nothing but a blank screen when running this app.

Has anyone gotten PocketSNES to run on their Q9c? If so, what am I doing wrong?

I have the same issue on my samsung blackjack, on some SNES games it wont run, but i found an answer for some of these games that wont run. did you know that there are sometimes 10 to 20 different versions of a NES game. for example i could not run "super ghouls and ghost" a great SNES game! so one time i downloaded all version of this game (approx 20 versions) from romnation. one of them did work on PocketSNES! it was the file that had this on the end or something like this = (U) ! = i dont know what this is but it did work. oh but there is small problems with some SNES games on pocketsnes, sometimes that game will not show all the graphics in the game for example in super ghouls and ghost the water in the oceam does not show correctly you cannot see anything under water so its hard as hell to get thought this, in demons cresst SNES game its worst i could not face a main enemy there because the whole graphic does not show up on Him. so you going to have to test them all. but so far i have not have any problems yet so on opening a SNES with a (U) ! or similar other extensions. well maybe 1 time i did.

Guest axelrage

Hi, first sorry about my bad english, and congratulations for all the staff of this page, lots of fun have thanks to you. But i write this about a little problem with this emulator and my Htc TYTN. In the key config, the emulator recognize the two up buttons of the device (the mail and explorer button) like only one. And this is the only emulator that i have this problem. Also the emulator doesn't work (i can't see image), if i change the landscape turn (to play with the keyboard). Thanks to any help.

Forgot to say thats a great emulator, i can play games with 40 fps, with 16 bit sound and high samplerate activated. Ideal for enjoying the Secret of Mana OST.

• 2 months later...
Guest stang420

same here, moto q9c. dll. poketsnes v1.52 all installed. roms wont load...option is there just doesnt work.

pocketnesterplus runs like a champ though.

need me some mario kart on the go...HELP!

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same problem. I had also installed the Tillanosoft DLL and it just wouldn't do anything when i tried to open the .smc file. It wouldn't even highlight it. SO I just downloaded another ROM this, this time I tried a .ZIP file and i put them in the same folder along with the .SMC, and the PocketSNES program file. I tried it again, and this time it worked. Both .SMC and .ZIP files opened.

But... I can't hear sound on any of my ROMS. I think that may have to do something with Samsung ACE (SPH-i325). Can someone help me with this audio problem?

• 7 months later...
I had the same problem. I had also installed the Tillanosoft DLL and it just wouldn't do anything when i tried to open the .smc file. It wouldn't even highlight it. SO I just downloaded another ROM this, this time I tried a .ZIP file and i put them in the same folder along with the .SMC, and the PocketSNES program file. I tried it again, and this time it worked. Both .SMC and .ZIP files opened.

But... I can't hear sound on any of my ROMS. I think that may have to do something with Samsung ACE (SPH-i325). Can someone help me with this audio problem?

I know why its not working, you have to download the http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-downlo...e-dll-v4-3.html. It works for me and i have the moto q9c

Guest 88Saleen351

I wish some people would READ the posts BEFORE posting stuff like this. emac90....The Tillanosoft .dll IS the tgetfile.dll . That is NOT what their problem is because they are already using that file. Sorry if sound rude...just make sure to READ everything before you post.

Pocketsnes has a lot of game run issues. Sometimes in order to get an option in the menu to work, you have to select that option, then exit pocketsnes, THEN restart pocketsnes. Just changing some options and trying to play a game may not work in PS....without re-starting PS after chaging. Audio is another problem. I had problems getting the correct pitch for some tracks in Zelda III.

Also make sure you have more than one file in your rom folder before trying to select it. If there is only one file, tgetfile wont (SEE) the file and it wont highlight. The file MUST be HIGHLIGHTED in the file browser otherwise it wont select it.

• 2 months later...
Guest SlickClick

I have a MotoQ also... All you need is the PocketSNES.exe file on the phone... What I do is extract the *.smc to a full *.smc -opposed to a compressed version- and dump them in a folder; but you will need at LEAST TWO (2) *.smc files in the same folder to pick a rom/game... Thats what I had to do otherwise it wont highlight the selected game and kick you back out to the main screen...

Games I had issues with...

Super Mario Kart - Other Driver Images glitch all over the screen; Plays fine just the other player images move all over...

Super Punch Out - Cant get any buttons to work; only the directional pad works...

Sonic the Hedgehog -cant figure out to get him to do a power roll yet-

Superpinball behind the mask -cant get right flapper to work-

Games that works...

Super Mario World

Tetris & Dr. Mario

SimCity

Street Fighter II Hyper

F-Zero

Main Problems:

The Direction Pad setup is shifted Clockwise -i think- so you gotta figure out whats what...

One of the screen direction settings shutsdown the program when you load a rom...

Sound makes the game slow and choppy -anyone got good settings..?-

All you have to do is select "Sound Emulation" and "Sync Sound" options select OK exit and reenter PS and your sound should work... Note im using Ver.1.53

Also what does the tgetfile.cab do..? whats it for and where is it supposed to go..? Because i cant run pocketSNES without it...

Edited by SlickClick