Windows Mobile 6

Guest mattbrown

Guest SystemicAnomaly

I looked at it and i think i'll wait until the official HTC release! Good for those who cant wait tho. I just don't want to brick mine :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kidkoala
Looks like there is potential download for WM6 here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=362

"

I have managed to update my CID locked UK T-Mobile MDAIII using the steps posted on there by loxs and using Bepe's ROM "ARTE_WWE_WM6"

Now running WM6 on my MDAIII :rolleyes:

using these steps

"In case people come across this and are unsure what to do I flashed my cid-locked MDA compact III with this rom with no problems at all these are my instructions.

1, Download the ARTE file.

2, Hard Reset your device (2 soft keys and reset button) once it boots back up reset just as its about to run the customization scripts.

3, ONce you have it restarted again copy the EnableRapi.cab from the ARTE zip and install it on your device do a soft reset (stick the stylus in the little whole on the lower left)

4, once it comes up again attach USB cable and ensure Active Sync has connected properly

5, copy the OS.nb file to the ARTE folder and rename it to windows.nb

6, Run the UpgradeRom.bat this will start to flash your device it will probably hang so after 30minutes unplug the cable and give it another hard reset.

7, Your device is now WM6 WWE

Hope this helps sorry if the info has been posted allready but i like step by steps and i hope somebody finds it usefull.

Of Course I take no responsibility if this method doesnt work for you but it worked fine for me.

Cheers and good luck

loxs"

NOTE: if anyone attempts this make sure you have the original T-Mobile art_tmouk_11311001_024990_wwe_ship ROM in case things go wrong

and you can easliy restore from bootloader

Edited by kidkoala

Guest timpharrison

KidKoala -

Couple a q's for you, if you don't mind:

(i) Once you completed this, do you still have the following programs installed (or are they specific to the T-Mobile ROM): Quick GPS, FM Radio, Internet Sharing ?

(ii) Do you use TomTom? If so, is it working ok in WM6?

(ii) Does the "WWE" mean that you can now use a foreign SIM card in your T-Mobile?

Cheers,

Tim

Guest NightFox

Cool, just done this on my T-Mobile MDA Compact III using Vista (32bit)/WMDC, no problems at all. Once it booted up into WM6, I did a soft reset to avoid and customisation.

Also, Quick GPS, FM Radio & Internet Sharing are still there. I've also installed Tomtom 6 which works fine, though the "Plus" services (like TomTom Traffic) won't work at the moment because it thinks I'm trying to use them on a different device. Updating my account details on the TomTom website should fix that though.

Nice one!

Guest Kimbie

Just to let you know supposedly o2 are releasing the WM6 Pro update for the Orbit Jun/Jul time

So will might wait till then

Kimbie

Guest timpharrison

Ok I took the plunge... and it worked!

T-Mobile MDA Compact III

UK (not unlocked or anything)

Windows XP

I followed the instructions above, in addition to the following info I found:

- when you copy the os.nb file to the ARTE folder, you need to rename it to tom.nba

- if you encounter some problem while flashing, try change the value from 03900000 to 03500000 in the UpgradeRom_Artemis.bat file, and then try flashing again

So far it all seems to be working well. Except I forgot to write down the T-mobile GPRS and SMS settings!

T

Guest stormuk

Worked for me aswell

T-Mobile MDA Compact III

UK (not unlocked or anything)

Vista (Didnt do anything different)

Everything works as it should, although Vista now sees the phone as an O2 phone.

Missing from MDA originally but also includes Live, Calculator, Solitare

Machine appears snappier and file browing is definatly quicker - no dreading a trip to the windows directory

Just needed to add back GPRS and MMS settings (via TMobile site)

Edited by stormuk

Guest tmohammad

Congrats to you all on getting WM6 on your TM MDA.

Can one of you please post unambiguous and idiotproof detailed instructions on this forum.

I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated by numbskulls like me :P

If at all possible, giving detail of files and locations to download from.

Guest stunno
Congrats to you all on getting WM6 on your TM MDA.

Can one of you please post unambiguous and idiotproof detailed instructions on this forum.

I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated by numbskulls like me :P

If at all possible, giving detail of files and locations to download from.

This worked for me

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=9

Guest kidkoala

I have used both methods of upgrading my sim/cid locked MDAIII T-Mob and found that the USPL method shown by stunno is an easier way of flashing.

Now using PDAVIET Black&Blue v2.0 ROM over the Bepe ARTE_WWE_WM6.

Have'nt had any problems to date now running for 5 days on PDAVIET Black&Blue v2.0 ROM

timpharrison sorry i didn't reply to you earlier. Glad you got it going and guess you got all the answers to your questions now anyway. Give the PDAVIET ROM a shot now :rolleyes:

kidkoala

Guest tmohammad
I have used both methods of upgrading my sim/cid locked MDAIII T-Mob and found that the USPL method shown by stunno is an easier way of flashing.

Now using PDAVIET Black&Blue v2.0 ROM over the bepe ARTE_WWE_WM6.

Have'nt had any problems to date now running for 5 days on PDAVIET Black&Blue v2.0 ROM

timpharrison sorry i didn't reply to you earlier. Glad you got it going and guess you got all the answers to your questions now anyway. Give the PDAVIET ROM a shot now :)

kidkoala

I too have used the USPL method on my MDA. Its easy.... I chose Bepe.

WM6 is cool. Just one issue, I cant run OperaMini any longer.

Can you confirm that the Midlet Manager works in PDAVIET Black&Blue v2.0 ROM. If so I'll update to that ROM... and will be extremely happy.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SystemicAnomaly

Check this out...Artemis running WM6 touch flo!

There's a thread running on XDA Developers, looks promising.