GBA emulator for wince - GBACE 0.1

Guest masterall

Guest masterall

First test version, using dynamic translation, good speed for some games.

Landscape and other display modes are not supported yet.

tgetfile.dll is needed.

More optimizations are about to add, especially for memory handling.

Games reported unable to run:

Double Dragon Advance

Robotech

Star Wars Episode 3

GBACE0.1.rar

Edited by masterall

Guest Slerpy

Very nice, for a test version :rolleyes:

With my Ipaq o/c at 530, and the frameskip at 3, the few games that I tried (mostly 2D games), ran very well.

Sound, wasn't too bad either, at 22khz.

Not quite up there with PocketGBA, but as this is just a test, it's damn good.

Any plans for xscale support ? or GAPI support ?

cheers,

Guest PolloLoco

Right off the bat - a major bug is that landscape right or left doesn't work. Regardless, the view comes out portrait and 100% size, regardless of "smooth stretch".

I played Baldurs Gate for a bit and the speed was good - but the sound was terrible. Painful to the ears. I tried Double Dragon Advance - and couldn't even start it. Star Wars Jedi Power Battles wouldn't load. Neither would Final Fight One.

Really, Baldurs Gate was the only game I could get going. I'm running an HTC Apache (Verizon XV6700) overclocked at 624 MHZ. Nice attempt, but this program is not ready for primetime.

Guest mikeeey

great!

i see no bugs so far, and with sound off im getting about 90% of the full speed (overclocked to 252mhz on an OMAP)

Guest dijital

every time i try to load a rom it quits out, think this might be the same lanscape phone problem that most of the other emus had.

i am using a samsung i320

Guest 12qwaszx

hey masterall

for the next version

i am just wondering if it is possible to make the emulator able to portrait on the other side (the display)

bcos the only display tat works now is right portrait or left don't really know how to tell, and it is really hard to press the keys. It would be much better if the emulator is able to display both ways

thankyou

Guest PolloLoco

I take some of my comments back - I was able to load several more games. For some reason, I had to delete all the files created in the same folder as the exe and start over. I recommend this if the program automatically drops out after selecting a game.

However, I still can't change the screen orientation - it always shows portrait so I'm only using half my screen. Literally. Speed on games like Final Fight One is great - I'm going too fast at a frame skip of 1. Jedi Power Battles is also running really fast. Altered Beast - which played poorly on morphgear works fine here.

A couple games that didn't play on sunbug.net's emulator - and only worked on morphgear, completely freeze up my PPC after the opening sequences. I actually have to reset my phone! So far, they're Double Dragon Advance and Robotech. Star Wars Episode 3 just crashes out after the opening sequences which is preferable to a reset. :-)

I'm not ready to try using this regularly at least until the screen orientation can be settled. Has anyone been able to change screen orientation at all? By the way - I think people need to be more specific about what works and doesn't work for this thread to be useful.

Edited by PolloLoco

Guest nothin

wow i'm gonna test it on wizard...

upd:

still slow on 264 mhz OMAP :rolleyes: , but i can see potential, GREAT WORK, master.

upd: whoops, landscape is not working on wizard...

Edited by nothin

Guest mikeeey

well i found 1 bug that can be rather annoying. it only does it when i least supect it. infact right now its not happening when i want it to.

what happens is i will play the game and it works fine, then i exit the emulator. when i go back into the emulator and try to play the same game again, it just goes back to the main window. the only way ive been able to fix this is by deleting the .cfg file for the game controls. once i delete the .cfg file i re configure my controls and try the game again and now it loads.

Edited by mikeeey

Guest mikeeey
Are the Roms needed in a special folder? When i select "Load Rom" nothing happens? :rolleyes:

you have tgetfile.dll right?

Guest Zeiram

Wonders of modern technology... I thought i had it, and it was also show in the list of my installed programs. But i had to reinstall it to make it work... WEIRD! :rolleyes:

But now it works, thanks alot!

Guest masterall

I will check the problem of .cfg file later

for the flip portrait mode, any body has a better name for the four mode? or just call them ROT0, ROT90, ROT180, ROT270?

I will add more display mode soon.

Guest mikeeey
I will check the problem of .cfg file later

for the flip portrait mode, any body has a better name for the four mode? or just call them ROT0, ROT90, ROT180, ROT270?

I will add more display mode soon.

well on all of your emulators you have always just called it landscape left and landscape right. so i think just staying with the tradation is fine =)

Guest Zeiram

I tried it on my Pocket PCs and it works great on my Yakumo, on my T-Mobile Mail it refuses to work, maybe because of the fixed landscape screen and on a VGA Device i got a TIIIIINYYYYY screen... :rolleyes:

Baldurs Gate worked good without sound (crappy sound)

Castlevania HoD worked great with good sound

Defender of the Crown even ran a tad bit to fast...

May Payne and Castlevania CotM froze the emu for me.

Guest tom read
First test version, using dynamic translation, good speed for some games.

Landscape and other display modes are not supported yet.

tgetfile.dll is needed.

More optimizations are about to add, especially for memory handling.

Games reported unable to run:

Double Dragon Advance

Robotech

Star Wars Episode 3

hi i have aproblem with the gba i cant get it to load roms on my spv c550 i go to load roms and it does nothing could you help please

Guest Zeiram
hi i have aproblem with the gba i cant get it to load roms on my spv c550 i go to load roms and it does nothing could you help please

Just read the full thread... ;-)

I asked the same a few posts ago...