HTC S710 Y Cable (11pin to 5pin +3.5mm) Driver won't install

Guest jrewing88

Guest jrewing88

I bought this cable to be able to listen to music with my headphones. But no luck. After a coupleo f weeks, HTC published a driver that should make it work. Kind of strange to publish that driver after they sell the product, don't you agree? However it didn't help either. The installer says i already have the driver installed, and exits. I can use it to charge and connect to the computer, but the phone does not recognise that it has i headphone connected.

I have tried the Expansys forum repeatedly, and others say they have the same problem, but noone answers.

• 1 month later...
Guest SantoB

If you get the message saying "You already have the latest driver". Don't hit ok, but search your \Program Files\Microsoft Activesync\HTC Folder and you'll find a rang eof .CAB files that you can maunally move to the pocket pc and try. Hitting OK removes these files.

I have a HTC touch and can't get the y-Cable to recognise the W100 Remote control (So much for listening to music while its synching!), I tried a couple of different .CAB files , but each caused the music to stop playing altogether, even through the in built speaker. I had to reset the Touch to factory settings :)