Excalibur eT9 Language Pack

Guest kalantz

Guest brink23
Based on Paul's Vox eT9 Language Pack, I prepared an eT9 Language Pack, suited for HTC Excalibur (HTC S620, T-Mobile Dash, SPV E600) with any WM6 ROM that bears eT9 (xT9).

It is based on my HTC S620 with T-Mobile's WM6 ROM, however it should be working with any future WM6 ROM.

It contains the following languages:

• English

• French

• German

• Italian

• Spanish

• Dutch

• Czech

• Greek

• Romanian

• Polish

• Portugese

• Sloval

• Turkish

• Hungarian

For those who want to use Greek Language with 160 characters on SMSs, they should also install the SMS160 utility by Ace Hellas.

However, there are some issues with"Tab" and "Sym" keys that need to be solved and your help will be appreciated.

I don't know if several keyboard mappings exist around for this device; mine is the one with £,$,€ symbols on J,K,L letters respectively. If you have a different keyboard, let me know.

Thanks,

Costas (kalantz)

Greece.

My J,K,L is supposed to be @,$,= but it's £,$,€, as well as my M is supposed to be ! but is =, my N is supposed to be & but is @, and my Q is supposed to be % but is !

Do you have any solutions for this? It's kind of a pain to have to remember which one is which.

• 1 month later...
Guest byransays
My J,K,L is supposed to be @,$,= but it's £,$,€, as well as my M is supposed to be ! but is =, my N is supposed to be & but is @, and my Q is supposed to be % but is !

Do you have any solutions for this? It's kind of a pain to have to remember which one is which.

i also am wondering the same thing, and if anyone has any insight it would be very much appreciated

• 4 weeks later...
Guest JoeSkull

I think my problem is a little bit more complicated...

I have a Portuguese-Brazilian Version of HTC-S621 wich is now running WM6.1 from Kavana (english) and the keyboard is crazy!

The FN key is not working at all. The layout has ç in J, º in K and ª in L.

The numeric keypad is acting like a standard cell phone keypad, wich means that if you press 2 (for example) several times, the letters A,B or C shows (one for each time you press). If you press 3, the letters D,E,F shows. If you press 4, the letters G,H,I shows.. and so on... so, it´s working as a standard cell phone keyboard. Other keys than the numeric keypad are working except for the non working FN key.

Can you help in any way? I tried to get a picture but i think it´s not sharp, so, if i can help you, please, let me know.

Thanks in advance.

post-439567-1224620518_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Jhordan

Hi JoeSkull!

Your problem is in fact really easy!

By default, Karvana removed the xT9 from his ROM... and left the standard phone keyboard layout (as your reported).

You need to install the xT9 .cab that is available at the xda-developers forum. Then, copy the .cab to your phone and run.

It will install the xT9 dictonaries to many languages. In Notepad (or in WORD), press FN+SPACE to access the xT9 properties and select the ENGLISH language. You just need than to edit the keyboard layout (follow the threads here and at the xda-developers forum to do so) to match the special keys to the ENGLISH version. Basically you copy the keyboard layout to your coputer, change the characters in the file and copy back to your phone.

If you select the PORTUGUESE language, it will work really fine... BUT, it will not function the SHIFT/CAPS key. And for that, my friend, I did not found any solution yet. You will be able to write but without capital letters.

To sum up, just install the xT9, select ENGLISH, edit the keyboard layout and you are done. and wait until I (or some one else) report a solution to the "CAPS missfunction".

Cheers...

Jhordan

I think my problem is a little bit more complicated...

I have a Portuguese-Brazilian Version of HTC-S621 wich is now running WM6.1 from Kavana (english) and the keyboard is crazy!

The FN key is not working at all. The layout has ç in J, º in K and ª in L.

The numeric keypad is acting like a standard cell phone keypad, wich means that if you press 2 (for example) several times, the letters A,B or C shows (one for each time you press). If you press 3, the letters D,E,F shows. If you press 4, the letters G,H,I shows.. and so on... so, it´s working as a standard cell phone keyboard. Other keys than the numeric keypad are working except for the non working FN key.

Can you help in any way? I tried to get a picture but i think it´s not sharp, so, if i can help you, please, let me know.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Dolphin0406
Based on Paul's Vox eT9 Language Pack, I prepared an eT9 Language Pack, suited for HTC Excalibur (HTC S620, T-Mobile Dash, SPV E600) with any WM6 ROM that bears eT9 (xT9).

It is based on my HTC S620 with T-Mobile's WM6 ROM, however it should be working with any future WM6 ROM.

• English

• French

• German

• Italian

• Spanish

• Dutch

• Czech

• Greek

• Romanian

• Polish

• Portugese

• Sloval

• Turkish

• Hungarian

For those who want to use Greek Language with 160 characters on SMSs, they should also install the SMS160 utility by Ace Hellas.

However, there are some issues with"Tab" and "Sym" keys that need to be solved and your help will be appreciated.

I don't know if several keyboard mappings exist around for this device; mine is the one with £,$,€ symbols on J,K,L letters respectively. If you have a different keyboard, let me know.

Thanks,

Costas (kalantz)

Greece.

-------------------------------

Hello Kalantz!

I have a HTC S621 (dash).

Do you have some idea about how can I do to change the layout. My phone have spanish layout:

ñ for K

! for M

; for ,

@ for J

: for .

And actually my phone is functioning with US layout.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest brink23

Does anyone know how I can get WM6? I currently have 6.1 and don't want it anymore. I tried going to the t-mobile windows mobile upgrade site, but something's wrong with the HTC server and it won't allow me to download it. Anyone?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Felix Atagong

This soft finally turned my AZERTY keyboard into an AZERTY keyboard, thanks! It works in Word and other text applications, but when I just want to find a contact and press the top left letter A it looks for contacts with the letter Q (so it still uses the qwerty keyboard). Other keys give...

Q => A (although the blue search bar says it is a #)

W => Z (although the blue search bar says it is a *)

Z => W (although the blue search bar says it is a 1)

Nothing I can't live with but it would be nice to see azerty show up when looking for contacts (however when I am actually inside the contacts menu and wants to edit or add a person it is again azerty)...

(French Azerty HTC S620 with Mobile 6.1)

• 9 months later...
Guest jamacn1

Sorry, but I can't seem to find the right program to open this *.cab file. Help!

• English

• French

• German

• Italian

• Spanish

• Dutch

• Czech

• Greek

• Romanian

• Polish

• Portugese

• Sloval

• Turkish

• Hungarian

Thanks,

Costas (kalantz)

Greece.

• 3 months later...
Guest Unlock Phones Miami

Hi friends. I installed this cab on the phone, then went to regional settings, put in language and still only english. Where is the option for changing software language?

Thanks in advance

• 1 year later...