deejayry

debranding m5000

4 posts in this topic

i had a replacement M5000 arrive today and i got thinking about debranding it, i was just wondering what differences there would be compared to the orange customisation?

Is there a guide to performing the debranding procedure?

i had a replacement M5000 arrive today and i got thinking about debranding it, i was just wondering what differences there would be compared to the orange customisation?

Is there a guide to performing the debranding procedure?

i have been waiting for someone to answer this myself LOL anyone?

Anyone?

i dont like to bump but i'd really like to know more about the subject?

As you haven't had the replacement for long probably the simplest way for you to try a debranded phone is to hard reset it (reset button and both 'soft keys' held in then press X to wipe the phone), wait until the phone restarts then before the Orange customisation script kicks in properly press the reset button again. You should restart to a completely vanilla install of WM2005, if you want to add in specific parts of the ROM have a look on XDA developers ftp site for that. You will also need to set up your data connections manually, the settings should be on here somewhere.

Edited by Shuflie