• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Access Denied M700

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Just been trying to add the wireless plugin as described on xda devolopers, but keep getting 'Access Denied', what am I missing, have Orange locked this M700 up tight!? :rolleyes:

Posted

What registry editor are you using. I use Resco with no problems.

Posted

What registry editor are you using. I use Resco with no problems.

I am using Breaksoft which works with my Lobster 700 ok!

Posted

I am using Breaksoft which works with my Lobster 700 ok!

Breaksoft is for Smartphones only (ie non touchscreen); you need a PPC Registry Editor (PHM Regsitry is free, but Resco File Explorer is much more comprehensive)

Posted

Breaksoft is for Smartphones only (ie non touchscreen); you need a PPC Registry Editor (PHM Regsitry is free, but Resco File Explorer is much more comprehensive)

Thanks that could explain it! I have since tried Resco, but any changes I make revert back to default when I soft reset?! :rolleyes:

Posted

Thanks that could explain it! I have since tried Resco, but any changes I make revert back to default when I soft reset?! :rolleyes:

Can anyone help with this please?

Posted

If you let us know what registry changes you are trying to make? Do all changes revert back or just some?

Posted

If you let us know what registry changes you are trying to make? Do all changes revert back or just some?

Been trying to add a wireless plug-in to the home screen following instructions on xda developers, so far no success at all!

Posted

Is the plugin not just a cab file? Have you tried changing anything else in the registry? I've had Resco now for 3 different devices with no problems.

Posted

Is the plugin not just a cab file? Have you tried changing anything else in the registry? I've had Resco now for 3 different devices with no problems.

If it was a cab file it would be easy! It's altering the registry that I can't seem to achieve, just wondered if the M700 is locked in some way?

Posted

No, it's not locked. As long as you have a registry editor you are free to change just about anything. If you direct me to the plugin that you're trying to install I'll try to simulate what you're doing to see if I get the same.

BTW are you running the original Orange rom?

Posted

No, it's not locked. As long as you have a registry editor you are free to change just about anything. If you direct me to the plugin that you're trying to install I'll try to simulate what you're doing to see if I get the same.

BTW are you running the original Orange rom?

This is what I was trying http://wiki.modaco.com/index.php/Windows_M...Registry_Tweaks It's right at the bottom, "show wireless today item" & yes I am using the Orange rom!

Posted

I am on a WM6 rom and already have those registry entries. Have a look at the attached screenshot and see if yours is similar.

Wirelesstoday.bmp

Mine appears to have two extra Dword values, 'options' and 'flags' not sure if adding these will make a difference but worth a try.

Remember that the "Wireless" entry should include the "inverted commas"

Make sure that you have the netui.dll file in your Windows folder.

You mentioned in one of your posts that "ANY" changes you make revert back to default when you soft reset. Does this still happen? Have you tried any other changes?

Posted

I am on a WM6 rom and already have those registry entries. Have a look at the attached screenshot and see if yours is similar.

Wirelesstoday.bmp

Mine appears to have two extra Dword values, 'options' and 'flags' not sure if adding these will make a difference but worth a try.

Remember that the "Wireless" entry should include the "inverted commas"

Make sure that you have the netui.dll file in your Windows folder.

You mentioned in one of your posts that "ANY" changes you make revert back to default when you soft reset. Does this still happen? Have you tried any other changes?

Thanks very much for your help Robbied, I have got it to work now, your screenshot was the key, I was putting inverted commas on order enabled & type!! I'm new to registry editing, does it show?!

Posted

You're welcome!