Site Notice - We are currently investigating an issue with missing download links. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. PaulOBrien

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

"Unrecoverable Error" installing Voice Command 1.6

9 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

OK, just started to load up my new shiny and very usable Touch. Everything is going on well, and then I get to installing Voice Command v1.6.

It goes through the installation routine, and right at the very end ... POW! "An unrecoverable error was encounterd during installation. Please reset and try again".

Then ... the cab installer says it's installed! I can't see VC in the program list, but I can in the settings. So, I reset, remove and re-install ... same message!! :P

Any ideas folks????? :rolleyes:

M.

Posted · Report post

Perhaps something wrong with the installation file? Try redownloading it and installing it, or downloading from a different location maybe?

Posted · Report post

Weird, i'll try installing it on mine...

P

Posted · Report post

Keep us posted. Lack of voice command compatibility would kill off any interest I would have in using the touch as a phone, I've grown to be very dependant on it for making phone calls while I drive now that it works over a bluetooth connection.

Posted · Report post

Weird, i'll try installing it on mine...

P

Paul, any joy?? Silence = concern that it doesn't work!!!

M.

Posted · Report post

So I just downloaded Voice Command 1.60 UK version, and it did indeed throw up an error on install.

HOWEVER, despite the error, it's installed and working fine.

I mapped it to my camera button (the only button on the device), and it seems OK. I only asked it the time, granted, but that worked :rolleyes:

P

Posted · Report post

In response to mjt2810's original post - it never does appear in Programs IIRC, only in settings - you need to use the 'Buttons' applet to map a button to 'Voice Command'.

P

Posted · Report post

In response to mjt2810's original post - it never does appear in Programs IIRC, only in settings - you need to use the 'Buttons' applet to map a button to 'Voice Command'.

P

Hi Paul, thanks! I have now managed to install it, and assign to the camera button. Thing is, it only works once ... after that, whenever the camera button is pressed it just beeps.

Same problem??

M.

Posted · Report post

Hi all,

I use voice command all the time on my touch, the thought of actually looking up a contact the original way seem unacceptable to me now after using VC for so long.

The only issues I have is the touch's processor is slow and VC1.6 struggles abit and I believe that can be fixed with the Pagepool fix but I am too scared of bricking my Touch, some one should just do the changes for a 4mb and 6mb pagepool and then post the roms, I would install a new rom but thats about it.

I can't get VC1.6 to annouce calls or appointments, it just doesn't seem to work, I don't know if this is related to the error when installing..... Has anyone else got this problem???