• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

VoIP on the Touch

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Can anyone with the HTC Touch check if it includes the "Internet Calling" option? Don't know where you find it but you can read more on this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=299950

Posted

Well, to answer my own question:

Yes it is possible:) I just installed the WM6VoIP.cab posted in the xda-developers.com thread, did a soft-reset and configured my VoIP provider with the SIPConfigTool (found Here and tapped on the Internet calling button on the Today screen and select "Whenever available". Now just connect your WiFi and it should say Searching.. on the Today screen (well it should say Available and when you tap it it should change to selected but that didn't work on the Touch). Now go to the Phone Dialpad and it should say your VoIP provider's name instead of your networks name.

Start dial!

Posted

Well, to answer my own question:

Yes it is possible:) I just installed the WM6VoIP.cab posted in the xda-developers.com thread, did a soft-reset and configured my VoIP provider with the SIPConfigTool (found Here and tapped on the Internet calling button on the Today screen and select "Whenever available". Now just connect your WiFi and it should say Searching.. on the Today screen (well it should say Available and when you tap it it should change to selected but that didn't work on the Touch). Now go to the Phone Dialpad and it should say your VoIP provider's name instead of your networks name.

Start dial!

This is easier said than done. After reading the 70+ pages of the forum, you will find a good number of people (including me) that have problems. I have a voip plan through allo.com that works from any pc, but I cannot get it to work from wm6 and my touch.

Posted

It worked for me.. It says "Searching" all the time though but you can still call if you choose "whenever available" (tap on the Internet Calling on Today screen) and turns on WiFi. It will state your VoIP provider's name in the dial pad instead of your operator's name.

Posted

It worked for me.. It says "Searching" all the time though but you can still call if you choose "whenever available" (tap on the Internet Calling on Today screen) and turns on WiFi. It will state your VoIP provider's name in the dial pad instead of your operator's name.

Mine does the same thing, except I cannot make or recieve calls. It must be my voip provider. who are you using?

Posted

Mine does the same thing, except I cannot make or recieve calls. It must be my voip provider. who are you using?

I'm using VoIPDiscount.com. Does it show your VoIP provider in the phonepad? If it works on your PC it should work from your phone. Double check your settings (sip, port, username/password).

Posted

I'm using VoIPDiscount.com. Does it show your VoIP provider in the phonepad? If it works on your PC it should work from your phone. Double check your settings (sip, port, username/password).

Yes, it shows allo.com in the dialpad. when i dial, it states 'dialing' then ends in a few seconds.

Posted

hi, i managed to get this working on my touch.

But to make voip calls i had to put my phone on flight mode otherwise it would make a gsm call...

Posted

...is there a way to ensure that the Touch tries wifi first before GSM? I have this issue with Slingbox as well as VOIP...

Cheers

Nick

Posted

Happy Ending...

I finally got voip on my Touch to work. The ipdialplan.xml file was incorrect. It had the phone dialing a 9 before the number. I also corrected the area code for from 425 to 916 for 7-digit dialing. Its hard to believe that m$ would have such a stupid default configuration.

YA

Posted

VoIP on iPod Touch VoIP on the iPod touch requires a few hacks. First, we need to hack in Apple, iPod touch, voip.

IP PBX

Posted (edited)

VoIP on iPod Touch VoIP on the iPod touch requires a few hacks. First, we need to hack in Apple, iPod touch, voip.

IP PBX

Not sure why this thread has been revived by jrsReign but Fring is the easiest way to use VoIP on your HTC Touch phones. Just download and install Fring and set up your VoIP and voila! your all set to go. I've tried using Skype, Google Talk and Onesuite voip and it all works. I'm pretty sre most if not all SIP based voip will work too.

Edited by zxt