SPV E650 de-Brand + Fix Pack 0.5

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest VulakAerr

Thanks very much, Paul. Worked a treat. And I do think it would be great if Orange would provide you handset earlier. MoDaCo tends to have the most indepth reviews and the tools you put out are a help to those who have the handsets.

P.S. I didn't hard reset either and it seems fine.

Guest jackofall
and secondly to choose not to have the look and feel bastardised just because you're with a particular operator.

Hi Paul,

I don't suppose you or another similarly skilled person could produce a pack for the i600

Guest bigfellahull

Hi.

I am having some trouble getting this to work.

I have downloaded the unlocking cab from orange and ran it according to the instructions in the email, however after it says something like "Success, security disabled" I get the windows busy icon and it seems to hang. I managed to switch it off, but when I try and install this cab, it says "it doesn’t have the correct privileges". I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the unlocking cab from orange but still no luck. Anyone have any ideas as to why?

EDIT: Im sorry, it seems I have spoken too soon. It seemed to work on the 4th try! Not sure if I did anything different but now everything is ok. Thanks very much Paul... it works a treat.

Edited by bigfellahull

Guest Paul (MVP)

So the install bug stops the O unlocker installing basically.

Classic.

:rolleyes:

Just be patient and keep trying I guess!

P

Guest bigfellahull

Ok, I have come across another problem.

Being an absolute newbie at this, I uninstalled the fix and now have lost all the icons! I can’t even reinstall the cab... I have moved it to the My Documents folder; however I can’t access the My Documents folder on the phone!

I do have the Games folder on my start menu but I can seem to access the Windows folder using active sync... it doesn’t show up.

I would really appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks.

I should point out I am using Vistas Sync Centre. I just need to be able to access the Accessories folder from my computer.

Edited by bigfellahull

Guest DigiBob
Thanks Paul. I thought I'd chance it without a hard reset and it installed fine. The only problem I have found is when I tried to run Tomtom. It asked me to activate the map and now comes up with a different product code. Was working okay before though.

Done mine today without the hard reset and all seems fine so far. Thanks Paul, excellent work. My SPV looks and feels much better without all that Orange rubbish on it.

Guest paholman
Done mine today without the hard reset and all seems fine so far. Thanks Paul, excellent work. My SPV looks and feels much better without all that Orange rubbish on it.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I've finished installing all 29 cab files (Apps, Games, Tweaks) that I want on my phone.

Entering all the Registration Keys etc

The last thing I did was take a backup with Sprite.

The only thing I did before this, was sync my Contacts, Favourites, Folder, Tasks.

I found I wanted Modaco Do New and Inbox Extender.

Do new worked as it installs straight to phone, so the option of storage card was not there.

Inbox Extender gave the option, I chose Device (not Storage Card), and spinning wheel

I wonder if ActiveSync has anything to do with it??

Edited by paholman

Guest Peterstorm

Thanks for this it works perfectly and is a vast improvement.

Excellent work.

Edited by Peterstorm

Guest Griff_FFOC

Worked first time for me. :rolleyes:

Other than the HardRest, I followed the instructions and everything seemed to go fine. Even the cab from Orange installed where previously i'd have issues.

I did get a message about it might not be displayed properly due to being for a different version, but it installed and seems to be fine.

I can't believe the difference. Even something like changing the colours and icons makes so much difference. I can now truly appreciate how much Orange degraded the look of the software.

I'll let you guys no if If I notice an 'oddities' with it.

Thanks Paul. All you efforts on this one are much appreciated. :P

Guest JuzzyD

Had to have two attempts (the second directly after a hard reset) and it worked fine - far, far better than the Orange stuff!

Many thanks!

Guest Paul (MVP)
Ok, I have come across another problem.

Being an absolute newbie at this, I uninstalled the fix and now have lost all the icons! I can’t even reinstall the cab... I have moved it to the My Documents folder; however I can’t access the My Documents folder on the phone!

I do have the Games folder on my start menu but I can seem to access the Windows folder using active sync... it doesn’t show up.

I would really appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks.

I should point out I am using Vistas Sync Centre. I just need to be able to access the Accessories folder from my computer.

Er, yes, uninstalling it will give you some strange effects, I should have removed the uninstall option probably.

Just drop the CAB in 'Windows\Start Menu' and run on your device from there?

P

Guest Torchwood

Decided to give the de-brander a go and worked first time (I didn't do the hard reset and had already done the France Telecom unlock).

I've been keeping track of the security policy registry keys and this is how they have changed after running various bits 'n bobs:

Original setting

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies:

- DWORD "1001" to 2

- DWORD "1005" to 16

after FT unlock

- DWORD "1001" to 1

- DWORD "1005" to 127

manually changed to (after a post on this site)

- DWORD "1001" to 1

- DWORD "1005" to 40

after today's de-brand

- DWORD "1001" to 1

- DWORD "1005" to 16

So I've almost gone full circle. I suppose having made these changes to my phone, can you tell me what DWORDS 1001 and 1005 do or affect?

Thanks for the hard work Paul (and apologies if this rather tekkie post should have gone elsewhere)

Trevor

Guest Paul (MVP)

The settings are a combination of the S710 settings, the O unlock CAB and my own unlock CAB.

I do have a reference for the policies somewhere, i'll try and dig it out.

P

Guest Mark Ludgate

I really hope this is not a silly question but I have followed the instructions on unlocking to the letter.

My Icons have changed etc but when I power on the phone I still see the Orange Logo and the Orange Homescreen is still in my setting Homescreen. I know I can go in and delete this no problem.

Phone works fine though, is this right?

Mark

Guest jporch316

Paul

I installed your program - nice one - and then removed it using add remove programs - when i rebootrd my phone it seems to have wiped every single program from my phone leaving with me just with 5 icons on my start menu

any ideas - file explorer has gone so i cant reinstall the cab

cheers

Guest paholman
Paul

I installed your program - nice one - and then removed it using add remove programs - when i rebootrd my phone it seems to have wiped every single program from my phone leaving with me just with 5 icons on my start menu

cheers

One suggestion: Use ActiveSync > Explore.

Copy the CAB to Windows > Start Menu on the Device

On Device, Click Start and run the cab from there

Edited by paholman

Guest Paul (MVP)
I really hope this is not a silly question but I have followed the instructions on unlocking to the letter.

My Icons have changed etc but when I power on the phone I still see the Orange Logo and the Orange Homescreen is still in my setting Homescreen. I know I can go in and delete this no problem.

Phone works fine though, is this right?

Mark

How do you mean?

The pack sets your homescreen to Windows Default and reverts your icons to the standard ones. You'll still see O startup / shutdown screens.

P

Guest dannybgoode

Paul

Great work. Thanks to the input from you and others on this site I have a phone I am almost 100% happy with and I'm pretty fussy when it comes to such things

It may just be me but my phone seems to respond quicker now - anyone else noticed this?

Cheers

Danny B

Guest Paul (MVP)
Paul

cheers

Uninstalling is a bad idea... reinstall it or hard reset :rolleyes: I'll update the first post with this info.

P

Guest Paul (MVP)

Basically, the install CAB has to delete stuff (the nasty O start menu icons) using a special post-install process, as CABs generally only install / overwrite. Unfortunately, an uninstall doesn't reverse this part of the process, hence the pretty empty start menu.

Since I recommended you hard reset before install, it's not a problem tho right? :rolleyes:

P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.