SPV E650 de-Brand + Fix Pack 0.5

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest lsainsbury
The download is a CAB not a ZIP - if you're seeing XML etc., you've opened up the CAB instead of installing it!

P

Dooohh!! What I clot I am!

I've just installed a new version of WinZip and I must have associated WinZip with .cab files....

What a stupid id10t! :rolleyes:

Thanks Paul! :P

Guest lsainsbury

Installed - Goodbye Orange branding!

Why oh why do Orange have to make our phones look like puke - can't they just leave they alone?

:rolleyes:

Guest blowdart

Ah this time no big 15 minute hang. Although the highlight box seems to change between blue, orange and black, very weird.

Now if only I could get Windows Live Messenger I'd be very very happy.

Guest lsainsbury
Now if only I could get Windows Live Messenger I'd be very very happy.

Indeed! I'm sure somebody will be able to get messenger working on there in time!

Guest Blue Bluderbus
Thanks Paul. I've installed V0.5 and Tomtom is back and working as it should be. :rolleyes:

Same here: hard reset, app unlock, install v0.5, install Tomtom, very happy me.

Many thanks for the help, brilliant work.

Guest Torchwood

Not sure if its related to the de-brand but my Inbox Extender seems at have stopped working. Have tried uninstalling and re-installing as well re-installing the debrander (0.5). Still no 'mark all read' or 'delete all' options. The other thing that happens when I re-install the inbox extender, the home screeen wallpaper resets to default. The extender is a really useful add-on. Any ideas??

Thanks,

T

Guest Peter Griffin

My E650 says won't install because it does not have sufficient system permissions.

Any idea apart that I'm dumb? :rolleyes:

Guest Torchwood
Weirdness :rolleyes:

I'll look at that, but there's no reason the inbox extender should be affected by this pack.

P

Weird indeed. I decided to investigate a little. I hard reset the phone, applied the unlock, and applied the Inbox Extender and it 'did what it said on the tin' :P I then applied the de-brand and I'm afraid the Inbox Extender ceased to function <_<

T.

Guest Jenganuhtu

I've just got a new E650 from Orange, and was very pleased to find this fix, BUT - I cant perform the application unlock due to their website saying 'this service is not available' after about 20 mins of waiting for something to happen.

I've tried just using your 'fix only' pack, but the phone still wont let me install that.

Any suggestions?

Keep up the great work :)

Guest jezzbennett

I really can't wait to get rid of the cr*p Orange icons etc on my phone, but like Jenganuhtu, I cannot get past the step where I need to Unlock my phone using the Orange utility found at http://spvunlock.rd.francetelecom.com/. I get the messages "service not available" or "Try Again". Although the site says something about 1 minute, I get nothing except the above messages after I leave the site to do its thing for a couple of hours.

Just to confirm what I should be doing:

1) in the IMEI box on the opening page - I should be inputting the full IMEI number shown on my phone after I punch in *#06# (as per the instructions on the website

2)Type in my phone number. Can I simply put in the UK number or do I need to put "0044" in place of the zero - as if calling from overseas?

3) Inputting my name

4) input my e-mail address.

These may seem like really stupid questions, but I have input this info so many times, I am starting to question my sanity!

Will the fact that I have tried a couple of times be a problem?

Alternatively, could I call Orange customer services and ask them to send me the *.cab file? If so what do I need to ask for?

Hope someone can help ASAP.

Thanks all

Guest Jenganuhtu

After some frustration and hunting around last night, I found this thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=280710

The second post there has an apparently-HTC-supplied zip containing a device cab and desktop application that will perform the application unlock for you. I used this successfully, and was then able to install Paul's debrand pack, along with various other things :) yay!

I hope this is helpful to jezzbennett and anyone else having trouble with the unlock.

Edited by Jenganuhtu

Guest jezzbennett
After some frustration and hunting around last night, I found this thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=280710

The second post there has an apparently-HTC-supplied zip containing a device cab and desktop application that will perform the application unlock for you. I used this successfully, and was then able to install Paul's debrand pack, along with various other things :) yay!

I hope this is helpful to jezzbennett and anyone else having trouble with the unlock.

FANTASTIC! Much appreciated. Finally the phone looks how it should!!

just got this device today....

so how do I application unlock the device? Is this possible with the tool? I don't want to have to debrand it etc.... just app unlock it.

Guest Griff_FFOC
I really can't wait to get rid of the cr*p Orange icons etc on my phone, but like Jenganuhtu, I cannot get past the step where I need to Unlock my phone using the Orange utility found at http://spvunlock.rd.francetelecom.com/. I get the messages "service not available" or "Try Again". Although the site says something about 1 minute, I get nothing except the above messages after I leave the site to do its thing for a couple of hours.

Just to confirm what I should be doing:

1) in the IMEI box on the opening page - I should be inputting the full IMEI number shown on my phone after I punch in *#06# (as per the instructions on the website

2)Type in my phone number. Can I simply put in the UK number or do I need to put "0044" in place of the zero - as if calling from overseas?

3) Inputting my name

4) input my e-mail address.

These may seem like really stupid questions, but I have input this info so many times, I am starting to question my sanity!

Will the fact that I have tried a couple of times be a problem?

Alternatively, could I call Orange customer services and ask them to send me the *.cab file? If so what do I need to ask for?

Hope someone can help ASAP.

Thanks all

I couldn't get it to work on my E650 if I used the IMEI from *#06#. I used the one from the box and it was fine. I think the one on the phone has a few extra digits.

Guest Griff_FFOC

I already installed V2 (possibly 3) on my E650, to install the latest version do I just need to run MoDaCo_SPV_E650_de_Brand___Fix_Pack_0.5.CAB over the top?

Guest IAPIAP

Hi there,

Thanks for a great looking tool.

In summary, (I have not run any unlockers/installed programs before) if I were to run both the new Preparitory and the Debrand CAB from the frontpage, would that both Unlock and Debrand by spv e650, so it both looks great, and I can install any other programs on it??

Many thanks for clearing that up. [i'm used to PPC's, but new to smartphones!!]

Guest Skunkchild

Many thanks Paul - the extra prep cab has sorted it all out for me (all other unlock methods failed)

Now that we've got rid of the ugly orange branding it's time to design some sweet themes :)

Guest cold_fire

Thx Paul ,unlocked SPV E650 and de-branded ,romanian edition works well so far .Thank you .I work at Orange but i don't like the customization.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.