Official de-cert problem sorted! Update 11

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.

vviinnzz: the process seems to vary from country to country. Maybe it depends on how the different networks/carriers deal with international prefixes. This seems the most likely explanation. Do me a fave, if you manage to get your method to work on any other french SPVs, drop me a PM and I'll include it in the original post.

Guest maber1001

Hello all!!!

Maber here!

THXXXXXXXXXXXXX allllllllllllll very very very thx to all!!!

My phone is unlocked! thx again :lol:

Anyone know some good site where i can downloade "free" apps?

thx

Maber

Guest legalbeagle

My phone unlocked eventually - about 5 times (should have been more patient). The procedure for the UK is different from that described in the guide (there is no need to download action register - the whole process is performed remotely by Orange over GPRS).

From a legal perspective, on the unlocking debate, it is not illegal (ie a criminal wrong) but may be unlawful (in breach of contract). If you are in breach of contract, you may be asked to rectify the situation and pay any damages. SIM unlocking may cause Orange some damage, but de-certifying is unlikely to (unless, for example, you upload a virus to the network, or something equally improbable). However, by not using the decertified phone in accordance with the contractual provisions agreed to as part of the process, you are in breach of contract. Small amounts of damages are usually not worth pursuing due to the costs involved. However, you may be asked to stop acting in breach of contract, and Orange's best threat is to disconnect you.

Having said all that, IMO the provision of a de-certification link with so few safeguards as to its use would appear to be tacit admission by Orange that the certification procedure is not working as a safeguard (it will not stop hackers etc from accessing the phone) and 'advanced' users who want to access the potential of the device should be allowed to do so.

Guest Jeroen

I followed every step that has been mentioned here, but is it that I live in the Netherlands that it doesn't seem to work for me? I'm getting deperate.

Guest MoRFLeZ
The procedure for the UK is different from that described in the guide (there is no need to download action register - the whole process is performed remotely by Orange over GPRS).

Yeah it all depends weather or not your phone is registered. I registered mine on orange's webpage a few days before I tried decerting it! And I didn't need to download Action Register, but my friends SPV, brand new out of the box, had to download the lil program first! So it differs...

Jeroen:

Does your GPRS work!? Did you download Action Register!? After running Action Register, try and open any homepage on your SPV, just as long as you connect, it doesn't matter which you chose!

Then try to unlock it via the developers site again, and it might go through!

Otherwise could you elaborate a wee bit more? Like where does it go wrong compared to the guide?

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.

legalbeagle: interesting post. As to the why's and wherefore's - I read the disclaimer (for once) and found it to be too vague with reference to the SPV and "responsible" use thereof. It was more a case of "you do this and yer on yer own", and even maybe a tacit acceptance of the fact that 90% of those unlocking their SPV's aren't developers.

Orange f****d up big stylee with the cert-thing (particularly seen in the light of the cert-free P800), they know it, and this is simply a way of correcting the mistake while covering their asses and coming out of the app-cert hole smelling..well, not of roses, but not of sh*t either...

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.

Yeah it all depends weather or not your phone is registered. I registered mine on orange's webpage a few days before I tried decerting it! And I didn't need to download Action Register, but my friends SPV, brand new out of the box, had to download the lil program first! So it differs...

Had my thinking-cap on, so this is a series of rambling thoughts written down :lol:

It doesn't seem to *all* depend on whether your phone is registered. Even if it has been registered, the format of the phone number does make a difference

This has been a problem for some UK users, and I think it's almost certainly due to something that goes wrong during the sales/registration of sales process that folks here get the "Not registered" message. I'm using my old Orange (mobilix) SIM in my SPV and, while the hopeless cretin at the Orange shop managed to write the correct SIM-number on my new contract, he forgot to strike the number of the bundled SIM, thus the contract itself never got registered with Orange - at least, not in connection with me...

When I bought the SPV, my GPRS sub. was not opened until I rang in to Customer Service later in the day (despite sales-donkey's assurances that it'd be online within 15 mins. from purchase)

I checked over the phone if Orange were aware that I was an SPV owner, which they weren't , so I enquired how on earth they planned to give me my 100 DKK "rebate" for having to d/l our "free" games over GPRS.

So anyone who's had the problems noted above (or similar) may well also have a problem with de-cert, simply because Orange have "forgotten" to register their SPV as "active".

Guest sameerabedi

I've tried unlocking through the Orange website about 6 times now and it still makes no difference. I can't install any files cause it keeps saying the application is not signed by a trusted certificate. What do I do???

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.

That's a new one on me - and I can only give you a bit of tried-and-tested advice: hard reset, then de-cert straight away.

Just tried again, yesterday it said my phone number and IMEI number were not found. Tried again today and the page is not found :shock:

Things keep going missing since I got my SPV :?

Tried again today (Wednesday 16th April), site is back up and running and no problem with numbers not being recognised. Now waiting for the unlock message...

Looks like the site could have been down for maintenance.

Guest cvdbl

Has anyone been able to do so from the AT&T Wireless network in the US?

I run the procedure with action register (all seem OK), open a GPRS connection, but never get the unlock confirmation

Guest WebSeed

I can't get the official de-cert to work - even after trying all the many suggestions in this thread. My phone IMEI and number are recognised but I just get dumped to the page that states my phone will be unlocked within 5 minutes (with a nice taunting little picture of what my phone should look like when it's been unlocked...aaaaaargh!) It seems to me that there are quite a few ppl in the uk who can't unlock their phones.

I have the Orange UK update 1.37 I think! (the one with the keyboard drivers).

pls help me :roll:

Also, where's this "action register" cab file thingy????????????? I can't get it from anywhere...

Guest pcdoc

Did mine yesterday, with Orange. input my number usuing plain old 0797XXXXXXX format followed by IMEI. the 1st time my SPV tried to access the page that says your SPV is now ulocked etc, it didn't want to play, how wonderful this GPRS is..NOT! I usually switch off and back on again which tends to get the my connection working in a fashion. did the whole de-cert thing and this time got the page up no probs.

going a little off topic here, I use ISDN on our 3 pc network (can't get adsl yet, God I hate BT) anyways I tried the SPV on the pass through sat on its "attractive docking blob" and it works a treat. I wish everything on this 'ere phoney job would work as well.

Pcdoc

Guest darrylstott

Hi,

I cannot ge this official decert to work, i input my details correctly and as mentioned before by other users, it forwards me to the 'Your phone will receive a message in 5 minutes' screen. There is no option to download any action register or any other program, i get no message at all!

What am i doing wrong?

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.

Orange have problems with their SMS carrier that sends the confirmation message/de-cert instruction to your SPV - the situation will be rectified within a couple of weeks.

Guest fozzie

Chris,

Can you expand please? I didn't think SMS was used at all when I unlocked mine recently. I downloaded the Action Register programme to my PC and the transferred to to my SPV with Active Sync. A GPRS connection was then used to both register the SPV and then receive the unlock 'instruction'. Which bit is the SMS carrier involved in?

Cheers.

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.
See my post in this thread.  I was in the same situation as you but got there in the end ;)

There's nothing in the above link that's not been written in the original post in this thread AFAICS, so it seems a little weird that you're linking away from this thread that's exclusively about the de-cert problem. No big deal, but crosslinking creates too many duplicate posts and general confusion.

Guest fozzie
There's nothing in the above link that's not been written in the original post in this thread AFAICS.

Big difference:

You say type +xx[space]xxxxxxxxxx

I say type +44xxxxxxxxxx (No space!)

for both the Action Register app and on the Orange Website.

I did it this way from here (UK) last Friday and it was the only combination that worked so I guess that's a major difference ;)

I don't think I've really created any more confusion about de-certing than already exists, with the different methods people are saying to use with the OTA unlocking. I was merely linking to a previous post (that worked)of mine to save typing. It was in the other thread because it was specifically about unlocking by people with the keyboard update, which I also have.

P.S. Do you have any more info about the SMS Carrier stuff?

Cheers.