max storage card size onspv e650?

Guest joemailey

Guest kevinsephiroth

2 GO is the max size available on the phone, since 4GO MicroSD is a special kind of microSD , not available for this phone.

Guest Doktor M@buse

I've bought a Micro SanDisk 4GB SDHC and it works without any problems in my HTC Vox.

It's formatted in FAT32 of course.

4gbic8.png

Edited by Doktor M@buse

Guest conan_troutman
I've bought a Micro SanDisk 4GB SDHC and it works without any problems in my HTC Vox.

It's formatted in FAT32 of course

ok post back and tell us it works once you have filled it to the top. thats when you will see the problems

Guest conan_troutman

what kind of stuff do you have on it?

on an earlier post on another thread I did say some will work depending on what you are storing large video files might be fine as will documents and photos but if you are storing mainly music, or programs you may find a big lag in responce times for the programs and reduced sound quality for you music which is why I always recomend stick to the 2GB cards to be on the safe side...my 4GB card (SD mini for my Qtek 8310) will cause problems such as dismissing alarms can take upto 3 minutes which annoys the wife at 3.30am with my 2GB card they are dismissed in less than 3 seconds

Guest kevinsephiroth

It's formatted in FAT32 of course.

4gbic8.png

wooow. Great news. It was written once , that fore sure SDHC were not compliant to HTC S710 hardware...

That's what they said also for psp (not to be used with 8GO) but once they discovered it to be used with 8GO finally...

(Ok I know the grammar/synthax of the previous sentence is weird, I'm French , sorry ^^ )

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HeK _014_

Has anyone else tried the 4GB SDHC cards and had any luck??? I don't really wanna take my chances on buying the card to find out it doesn't work... although I have oher uses for it.

Guest Socrates
Has anyone else tried the 4GB SDHC cards and had any luck??? I don't really wanna take my chances on buying the card to find out it doesn't work... although I have oher uses for it.

Yeah this seriously needs some confriming. In another thread we had one person have HTC tell them it would work and another person have HTC tell them it wouldn't work.

If someone has this working AND they have it working fine with lots of music on it without skipping then please post which brand and model of card you have!

Guest HeK _014_
Yeah this seriously needs some confriming. In another thread we had one person have HTC tell them it would work and another person have HTC tell them it wouldn't work.

If someone has this working AND they have it working fine with lots of music on it without skipping then please post which brand and model of card you have!

well... I ordered one anyway cos payday rolled around and I had a bit of spare money, lol so I thought I'd take the chance... it should turn up on Monday so I'll post back once I have it and let you know what I found :)

Guest Socrates
well... I ordered one anyway cos payday rolled around and I had a bit of spare money, lol so I thought I'd take the chance... it should turn up on Monday so I'll post back once I have it and let you know what I found :)

GREAT! Looking forward to hearing back.

Which one did you order? I Was looking around a bit and it looks like there are bascally two out there. Kingmax and Sandisk. The Sandisk is supposed to be "class 2" and the Kingmax "class 6".

Looking further though, I couldn't actually find anyone selling the Kingmax anywhere, and the prices on the Sandisk were pretty high.

Does anyone know what "class" of sd speed is recommended for the s710? Is class 2 fast enough?

Edited by Socrates

Guest HeK _014_
GREAT! Looking forward to hearing back.

Which one did you order? I Was looking around a bit and it looks like there are bascally two out there. Kingmax and Sandisk. The Sandisk is supposed to be "class 2" and the Kingmax "class 6".

Looking further though, I couldn't actually find anyone selling the Kingmax anywhere, and the prices on the Sandisk were pretty high.

Does anyone know what "class" of sd speed is recommended for the s710? Is class 2 fast enough?

it was the Sandisk one that I ordered... as for your question on the class I'm not too sure :)

Guest HeK _014_

Well... the card didn't turn up today probably because of the postal strike on Friday (Damn Royal Mail! :) )... hopefully it should turn up tomorrow just before I leave for work, in which case if it does I'll give it a go at work and post my findings :P

Guest HeK _014_

Still not arrived... just looked and it seems my order is on hold even though the card is in stock, sent the company an email yesterday morning but haven't had a reply yet... I've never had problems using them before :)

::EDIT:: well I spoke to someone in their support dept and found out the reason it was on old is because they MADE me chose the device I was planning to use the memory card in from a pre-defined list, which I just picked a random device... so they stalled the order because the device I chose didn't support the card....

anyway it is now on it's way and I should have it tomorrow at long last

Edited by HeK _014_

Guest HeK _014_

IT FINALLY ARRIVED!!!.... and it worked!!! filled it pretty much all the way up with lots of videos and mp3's and both of them are playing fine without any lag or hitch at all

So the Sandisk 4GB SDHC cards do seem to be compatible :)

post-107367-1183710238_thumb.jpg

Guest Socrates

Sweet. So the Sandisk one works in the s710!!!

Any follow up to the peroformance report? Any new problems?

Pretty awesome stuff.

Guest Networkguy
Sweet. So the Sandisk one works in the s710!!!

Any follow up to the peroformance report? Any new problems?

Pretty awesome stuff.

I can confirm this as well.

On the back of this thread I ordered the 4GB Sandisk card which arrived yesterday. I have stacked it full of music, videos and have taken a few photos onto it and it works just fine.

The only thing I have noticed is that the card is a bit tight in the slot on the phone compared to the 2GB one so takes a bit of getting out again but it is also a bit tight into the SD card adaptor so I am not sure if this is a manufacturing fault on the card or what.

But it does work well on the phone

Once the prices come down I will be buying an 8GB one as I will then have enough memory to last London to Washington and back again :)

Guest HeK _014_
Once the prices come down I will be buying an 8GB one as I will then have enough memory to last London to Washington and back again :)

Shame you won't have the battery life, lol :P

Guest morterd

Does anyone know if the 4gb card will work on a orange spv e650. I am assuming it will as it appears from this thread that it works fine on the HTC s710?