Continuous reboots...

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Has anyone seen a strange problem where on a soft reset, the device continually reboots until the microSD is popped out?

P

Guest Confucious

Have you tried the card on another device? Could it hve some dodgy s/ware or just be corrupt? Tried a different card in the same device?

Guest Confucious

Have you tried a different card in the Atlas? If that works it soumnds like a dodgy card - got much on it? can you format it?

Guest BurningMOnk
Have you tried a different card in the Atlas? If that works it soumnds like a dodgy card - got much on it? can you format it?

I've been having the same problem with the TMobile Wing. Boot up will loop until the card is popped out. I have nothing configured to startup from the microSD card. On the main memory I've installed Spb Mobile Shell and Wisbar Advance. I can't figure out what the OS is calling up from the microSD card to make it reboot every time. I've factory reset the phone a bunch of time to find out what program or process is causing this, but no luck. I've been reading about how bad the Wing is with memory. Not sure if this is any connection with the boot loop.

Also, I've tried your pagepool and it does help a lot. I've set mine to 6mb. That in conjunction with over-clocking. If they don't come out with a fix soon, I might get rid of this Wing. HTC Kaiser is right around the corner.

Guest Paul (MVP)

I think I figured out the reboot problem, or at least it seems to have fixed it on mine!

Install the attached CAB on your device, reboot, and let me know if it's fixed it! I applied it a more long winded / manual way, but this should work!

P

[Edit: Continue reading below...]

Guest BurningMOnk
I think I figured out the reboot problem, or at least it seems to have fixed it on mine!

Install the attached CAB on your device, reboot, and let me know if it's fixed it! I applied it a more long winded / manual way, but this should work!

P

Hey Paul,

I tried your patch and it still reboot loops. What gives? So what do you think the problem is? A certain app? SD card? the OS itself? Thanks for your efforts.

Guest Paul (MVP)

I think it's the DLL that gets installed to update the SD driver causing problems.

Try using a file explorer (Total Commander or Resco) to rename \Windows\omap850_sdhc.dll to omap850_sdhc.dll.old and reboot.

P

Guest BurningMOnk
I think it's the DLL that gets installed to update the SD driver causing problems.

Try using a file explorer (Total Commander or Resco) to rename \Windows\omap850_sdhc.dll to omap850_sdhc.dll.old and reboot.

P

Hey Paul,

I tried it and it worked like a charm. You're a genius! Good work.

But how did all this happen? Was it a particular application? The OS? Cause it was working ok until I started installing apps. Anyhow, good job.

Guest Paul (MVP)

I'm not 100% sure because yes, it seems to break once you've installed some apps with no pattern to which apps.

During the extended_rom setup a different omap850_sdhc.dll is which seems to have an issue... renaming the new version restores the ROM one.

Very odd.

P

Guest spambob

Oh man I was scared **** less when I changed the file to .old

I rebooted and crossed my fingers hoping I didn't just brick my new Wing since there still isn't an offical ROM. However I wasn't to worried as I still have my old MDA (waiting to sell it).

Looking at TC at the new and old version I noticed.

OMAP850_SHC.dll (43.5k)

versus

omap850_sdhc.dll.old (50.5k)

Paul! you're a genius. How did you know that .dll was the one that affected the continous reboot?

Who knows which app I installed broke it... but my 2GB Adata Micro SD card now boots fine.

Thanks =)

Device Info:

Tmobile Wing

ROM version: 4.10.531.3.WWE

ROM Date: 03/15/07

Radio version: 02.83.90

Protocol version: 4.1.13.37

ExtROM version: 4.10.531.103

Model No: HERA110

Applications Installed:

HTC Touch Home Plugin

The EquinoXe Wizard reTOUCHed dialer

HTC Audio Manager

By Boto XDA-Developers HTC Touch Home Plugin

Burr Oak Software pTravelAlarm

SunsiaSoft Pocket WakeUp

PPCSoft pcShutXP

LogMeIn Inc Remote Control

Finster869 WM6_RDP

mfrazz CommManager 8button

BatteryStatus

IM+

RARLAB

Total Commander

AIM

I'm not 100% sure because yes, it seems to break once you've installed some apps with no pattern to which apps.

During the extended_rom setup a different omap850_sdhc.dll is which seems to have an issue... renaming the new version restores the ROM one.

Very odd.

P

Edited by spambob

Guest Paul (MVP)

So far as I can work out, it's not one app in particular.

I figured it out when I say a new version of the driver being installed in Extended ROM. Thought i'd try restoring the old version and, hey presto, problem solved :)

P

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sskarlatos
So far as I can work out, it's not one app in particular.

I figured it out when I say a new version of the driver being installed in Extended ROM. Thought i'd try restoring the old version and, hey presto, problem solved :)

P

Paul,

You are the man, this just started happening to me today. I tried multiple things to no avail until I found your post.

This and the page pool, great work. Thanks again.

Stephen Skarlatos

My Digital Life

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tommysrocket

Hello

Tried to rename my OMAP850_SDHC.dll but it doesnt work. I tried with TotalCommander and with Resco Explorer. I use a PDA Viet WM6 ROM on my HTC Herald (like TMOB Wing)

Regards, Tommy

Guest T_Webb

Would it be possible to have one of y'all send me the newly created omap850_sdhc.dll file once the old file is renamed to omap850_sdhc.dll.old and the device rebooted?

I'm trying to fix the issue on my Dash but the file is in ROM and I cannot edit it. If I get the file from someone here I will add it to the windows folder and change the registry to reflect the new file.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kraftey

When I do a soft reset on my Wing it reboots and gets to the windows mobile splash then reboots again and starts up fine the next time around. Should I try the same fix?

Guest T_Webb
When I do a soft reset on my Wing it reboots and gets to the windows mobile splash then reboots again and starts up fine the next time around. Should I try the same fix?

Yes you should or you can remove your card wait for the phone to boot normally then put the card back in.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest wizgnome

I have the HTC S710, and it started having the same problem.

I found that putting the phone in flight mode when booting allowed it to start with the sd-card inserted. But today it will only boot if I remove the SD card.

In my S710, I only have omap850_sdhc_mux.dll and that file is in rom and I can't copy or rename it - I tried using total Commander.

Is this the same fie? Can it be deleted? but what would replace it?

Mike

• 4 weeks later...
Guest webstas
I have the HTC S710, and it started having the same problem.

I found that putting the phone in flight mode when booting allowed it to start with the sd-card inserted. But today it will only boot if I remove the SD card.

In my S710, I only have omap850_sdhc_mux.dll and that file is in rom and I can't copy or rename it - I tried using total Commander.

Is this the same fie? Can it be deleted? but what would replace it?

Mike

Im having the same problem, i have tried killing allmost every process to see if its a process holding the omap850_sdhc_mux.dll up, but its not. Paul please help us! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

I had a similar problem on my S710 and couldn’t locate the file omap850_sdhc_mux.dll in windows directory for the renaming solution.

But then I found another solution from one MS forum. Change the ‘Home Screen’ layout to Windows Simple, colour scheme & background image to default. Then it boots OK, consistently. (If the SD recognized and being mounted as ‘Storage Card2’ then rename the folder ‘Storage Card’ to something else and re-boot).

In that discussion thread there was some mention of the Home Screen loading process being initiated prior to the SDHC card driver being loaded. In such case, if there are any references to the Storage Card locations during the Home Screen flash process (actually, I had installed few apps on the SD that displays contents on the Home Screen), then it gets into such boot loops.

pts

• 6 months later...
Guest benitezwalter

Hi everyone,

I got here because my T Mob wing started with this loop, after I installed the HTC audio manger in th 4 GB SD, solved after popped out the SD, renamed the .dll many mentioned here and soft reset.

Not sure I'll try to re install HTC Audio Manager again :D

I got scared after this "adventure" <_<

• 6 months later...

I've figured it out everyone!

Go to: http://www.pocketmax.net/redial.html

Install "PMCLEAN" (the filename is pmCleanSP.arm.cab)

Run PMCLEAN, do a "clean all"

I had 950 notifications, now I have 20. My Dash is now infinitely faster and isn't slow as hell, and I can boot it up with the micro SD card inserted!!!

Edited by tadmaz