Paul's guide to... changing the HTC Touch / T-Mobile Wing PagePool size

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest acjames

another successful flash. that wait is a R#$)&@*)#&*^@ but alls well with the phone. I figured i would try it now and if it didnt work then i will send it back to T-mobile because im still in my 14 day period. :)

Guest d.peters

Step 3: Extract the ROM from your device

We're now going to extract the ROM from your device. This is a completely safe operation, so don't panic yet :) Take the following steps...

- Ensure device is connected to PC and Activesync'd / WMDC'd

- Open a command prompt at your new directory

- Type 'pdocread -l' (minus the quotes of course)

You will then be presented with something that looks like this:

70.95M (0x46f2000) TrueFFS

|		   3.06M (0x30fc00) Part00

|		   3.06M (0x310000) Part01

|		  64.82M (0x40d2000) Part02

We want to read the Part02 area (the bottom line above), so...

- Type 'pdocread 0 0x40d2000 Part02.dump' substituting 0x40d2000 with the appropriate value from your 'pdocread -l' output

You will see something like 'CopyTFFSToFile(0x0, 0x40d2000, Part02.dump)' appear, and after a wait of a few minutes (it is dumping a lot of data!), you'll be returned to the command prompt. During the operation you can open Windows Explorer to your working directory and see the file growing.

I'm having problems at this stage.. what is my 'new directory'??? my phone has not been assigned a drive letter, it is just called "Mobile Device". please help... i need that speed!

Edited by d.peters

Guest maciekish
Step 3: Extract the ROM from your device

We're now going to extract the ROM from your device. This is a completely safe operation, so don't panic yet :) Take the following steps...

- Ensure device is connected to PC and Activesync'd / WMDC'd

- Open a command prompt at your new directory

- Type 'pdocread -l' (minus the quotes of course)

You will then be presented with something that looks like this:

70.95M (0x46f2000) TrueFFS

|		   3.06M (0x30fc00) Part00

|		   3.06M (0x310000) Part01

|		  64.82M (0x40d2000) Part02

We want to read the Part02 area (the bottom line above), so...

- Type 'pdocread 0 0x40d2000 Part02.dump' substituting 0x40d2000 with the appropriate value from your 'pdocread -l' output

You will see something like 'CopyTFFSToFile(0x0, 0x40d2000, Part02.dump)' appear, and after a wait of a few minutes (it is dumping a lot of data!), you'll be returned to the command prompt. During the operation you can open Windows Explorer to your working directory and see the file growing.

I'm having problems at this atage.. what is my 'new directory'??? my phone has not been assigned a drive letter, it is just called "Mobile Device". please help... i need that speed!

the directory is the directory where the tools are located. Thats where your image goes, the phone doesnt need a drive letter for this operation!

Guest d.peters
the directory is the directory where the tools are located. Thats where your image goes, the phone doesnt need a drive letter for this operation!

im obviously missing something here.. my tools are located (in a folder) on my desktop, how can i run cmd from a folder on the desktop??

please explain really basically, im a bit of a n00b.. i don't understand how to open cmd at the 'new directory'

EDIT: got it working now - just made a .bat file containing cmd.exe ---- hope it all works, just waiting for the dump to complete!

Edited by d.peters

I follow the instructions here but when i try to upload the ROM, i got following error msg:

D:\Downloads\itsutilsbin-20070323>pdocwrite Part02.4MB.dump

CopyFileToTFFS(Part02.4MB.dump:0, 0, 042d2fff)

ERROR: could not read 0x0 bytes of preceeding sector data at 0x42d2e00

Then i hard reset but it will hang at smart mobility screen forever. Is there any way to salvage back?

Since it still under warrantly, can i send back for repairing?

Need the solutions urgently!

Thanks!

Guest BMan2

PFFF,... i am breathing again. I work in IT and have a degree in programming/system-analist, but i needed a beer (Bass Pale Ale and a Stella Artois) while i was doing this. I am sooo happy and want to thankl Paul and the person(s) providing the 2 other software components for this awsome advice.

Now my Tmobile works the way it was suppose to work ! Thanks again. I guess i can finally sell my MDA on Ebay :)

Kindest regards,

Bart.

Troy Ohio, USA

Guest 10203656

Hi Paul,

I would like to ask, if the pdocread -l show 0x42d3000 PART02,

then I should type 'pdocread 0 0x42d3000 Part02.dump' and

'pdocwrite Part02.4M.dump' for the following step, or all should be in 40d2000?

And I saw someone said it will broken the wifi function after doing this, is it ture?

Thanks,

Don

Guest maciekish
Hi Paul,

I would like to ask, if the pdocread -l show 0x42d3000 PART02,

then I should type 'pdocread 0 0x42d3000 Part02.dump' and

'pdocwrite Part02.4M.dump' for the following step, or all should be in 40d2000?

And I saw someone said it will broken the wifi function after doing this, is it ture?

Thanks,

Don

wifi still works on my p4350 (herald).

Paul,

worked like a charm. Had my fingers crossed all the time, but everything worked just fine. This tweak boosted my free memory from 3.1 Mb to a 19.8 Mb.

Thanx!

Guest alexeip

If I missed the answer to this in previous posts, I apologize:

There is no need to do hard reset of the device before performing Paul's instructions

as well as doing one afterwards, is there? If everythings goes well, after reflashing

device will still have all of my installed software/customization/etc...?

Thank you

Guest d.peters
If I missed the answer to this in previous posts, I apologize:

There is no need to do hard reset of the device before performing Paul's instructions

as well as doing one afterwards, is there? If everythings goes well, after reflashing

device will still have all of my installed software/customization/etc...?

Thank you

yes, that's correct. a soft reset after will suffice