Customized Card Wheel - Background + Cards - fully detailed

Guest Aoi Akujin

Guest Aoi Akujin

After messing around with my BlackJack I was finally able to customize the background and cards for the Card Wheel. So before you do all this be sure you have something to edit pictures with (photoshop, mspaint, or whatever you want to use) and an active connection to your PC so you can transfer the files back and forth.

There are a few simple files you can edit to make the Background and the Cards to how ever the hell you want it to look like.

Here is how my card wheel home screen looks like

sshot001.jpg

Here are the files you are looking for editing and a few notes added:

all files are located in the \windows directory

Initial background: - background_320x240.bmp

1. If you want to make one solid piece background like I have then you'll have to keep in mind that the background will be stretched accordingly to your phone's screen size so you'll have to do some adjustments to get it pin point perfect.

2. There is also a solid black area on the left that covers the time+date+provider

First Top Bar ("Message Center" in pic): - top2.png

1. This is transparent and the transparency cannot be change (to my knowledge)

Second Top Bar ("Appointments" in pic): - top1.png

Main Card Area ("Profile" and icons in pic): - center_tile.png

1. This is a solid piece and IS NOT transparent like the others

2. I recommend a background where it has more contrasting colors so it makes the text more legible

1st Bottom Bar ("My Photos" in pic): - low1.png

2nd Bottom Bar (Recent Songs" in pic): - low2.png

2. This picture extends an aditional 4 pixels down (so make sure your background extends into your start/quicklist area by at least 4 pixels

3rd Bottom Bar (not visable unless card wheel scrolls): - low3.png

2. This picture extends an aditional 4 pixels down (so make sure your background extends into your start/quicklist area by at least 4 pixels

3. For those who want a solid layout like mine it is the exact same as mine then keep in mind that it is like the 2nd Bottom Bar, but slightly smaller. Be sure to align the picture to the right wall than the left wall on a picture editing program (ex. Photoshop)

FINAL STEP

After you are done with what you want as your new layout, go to your settings > Display > home screen > change your home screen to something other than a card wheel then click done. After the ugly menu changes go back to the settings and change it to "Card Wheel" go back to your home screen and you've got yourself a custom Card Wheel homescreen.

I will be updating this from time to time as I find more and more solutions , edits, and work around things as time goes on. I will also post up more stuff to help you guys out on simplifying some stuff out for you on Card Wheel customizations.

Tool used to take screen cap:

Ilium Software Screen Capture

http://www.iliumsoft.com/site/fp/screen_capture.htm

Suggestion: If you want to Sticky this thread go request it from an admin on these forums.

I'll keep all of you posted when I have time to show you more details on the card wheel feature.

Aoi

***NOTE***

please...

- Make a backup of your original files before replacing them. At least you can always go back when you want to.

- don't PM me. I am only interested in using these forums to make my i600 fit to my needs. In short I don't read PMs so just reply to this thread.

- don't ask me how to get the card wheel functions on a black jack that doesn't already have it on there. I just don't know and mine came with it pre-loaded (i600 version w/ Wi-Fi icon_biggrin.gif ). But a friend and I are working on getting the card wheel to work on the i607

- don't ask me how to help create custom designs or layouts. I just gave away how to do it yourself on here

- don't ask me to upload my files for my profile. I like to keep my phone personalized icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by Aoi Akujin

Guest Stepir

Thanks for sharing it! :)

Unfortunately there's no way to add a MRU to the card wheel, this is the main reason why I don't use it :P

Guest Aoi Akujin
Good work! I was waiting 2 months

This two up looks good

Aoi Akujin, add this manual to wiki.

-Wiki Updated

-and those pictures are what made me want to customize my card wheel.

-Still trying to modify and add aditional cards. Ex. add a 7day weather forecast, add Office tools, make the pictures search a different folder (on storage device)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest b_conquistador
-Wiki Updated

-and those pictures are what made me want to customize my card wheel.

-Still trying to modify and add aditional cards. Ex. add a 7day weather forecast, add Office tools, make the pictures search a different folder (on storage device)

the rom you have provided here. does it flash a UK Orange version i600BVGD2 also?

Guest Aoi Akujin
the rom you have provided here. does it flash a UK Orange version i600BVGD2 also?

you are going to have to search the i600 rom update/patch concerning details.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dwlewisii
you are going to have to search the i600 rom update/patch concerning details.

Ive been trying to search the forums...on the cardwheel, I have the carosoul wheel from Cars, and it appears the same as what im seeing in the screen shots, but it appears as a secondary app...if someone can shed some light id appreciate this...is this the same?

Guest Aoi Akujin
Ive been trying to search the forums...on the cardwheel, I have the carosoul wheel from Cars, and it appears the same as what im seeing in the screen shots, but it appears as a secondary app...if someone can shed some light id appreciate this...is this the same?

The screenshots that were taken are from my I600 phone.

It came stock with no secondary application that needs it to run.

The version I have you don't need to run any extra application. Just simply turn the phone on wait for it to load and it's there as your home screen.

Still trying to crack it with some friends of mine to get it up and running on the I607 version.

Guest dwlewisii

The version I have you don't need to run any extra application. Just simply turn the phone on wait for it to load and it's there as your home screen.

Still trying to crack it with some friends of mine to get it up and running on the I607 version.

Well thats cool Aoi, as I have the i607 and am dying to get that cardwheel..im not much of a programmer, but i love hacking regs, so if I can help in any way let me know...and kudos to you for taking on this venture!

• 1 month later...
Guest lspatricio
Thanks.

Btw, the bars in WM6 are not transparent.

i'm not sure if this is what you mean, but i edited the carousel.home.xml file on my \Application Data\Home to have transparent bars...

sshot002aq4.png

Edited by lspatricio

• 4 weeks later...
Guest songcom
i'm not sure if this is what you mean, but i edited the carousel.home.xml file on my \Application Data\Home to have transparent bars...

sshot002aq4.png

cool!

can you explain how to edit that xml file and what parameter to be modified ?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aviatorltba

I have a dual line sim card and when I switched to card wheel, i can not see which line i am on. (Other themes shows line 1 or 2 on the screen. Is there any trick to have it on when i select card wheel?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest wooikok

Aoi Akujin, i jut upgraded my i600 form wm5 to wm6...unfortunately the version that i upgraded did not have Card wheel for the home screen.The local distributor/smasung did not include this in the new upgrade.(localised ROM in Malaysia)

is there a way to add this feature back ..eg like copying back the carousel.home.xml file back to my i6oo?

Guest wooikok

Aoi Akujin, i jut upgraded my i600 form wm5 to wm6...unfortunately the version that i upgraded did not have Card wheel for the home screen.The local distributor/smasung did not include this in the new upgrade.(localised ROM in Malaysia)

is there a way to add this feature back ..eg like copying back the carousel.home.xml file back to my i6oo?

thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest RxExpress
PM me for cardwheel

I keep getting "the folder is full or read only" and windows explorer is saying similar when i try to copy all these files to my windows folder. Am i supposed to copy them to the root windows directory like this? phone/Windows/ and then the images you provided? Can i rename them and change the target somewhere?

• 1 month later...
After messing around with my BlackJack I was finally able to customize the background and cards for the Card Wheel. So before you do all this be sure you have something to edit pictures with (photoshop, mspaint, or whatever you want to use) and an active connection to your PC so you can transfer the files back and forth.

There are a few simple files you can edit to make the Background and the Cards to how ever the hell you want it to look like.

Here is how my card wheel home screen looks like

sshot001.jpg

Here are the files you are looking for editing and a few notes added:

all files are located in the \windows directory

Initial background: - background_320x240.bmp

1. If you want to make one solid piece background like I have then you'll have to keep in mind that the background will be stretched accordingly to your phone's screen size so you'll have to do some adjustments to get it pin point perfect.

2. There is also a solid black area on the left that covers the time+date+provider

First Top Bar ("Message Center" in pic): - top2.png

Second Top Bar ("Appointments" in pic): - top1.png

Main Card Area ("Profile" and icons in pic): - center_tile.png

1. This is a solid piece and IS NOT transparent like the others

2. I recommend a background where it has more contrasting colors so it makes the text more legible

1st Bottom Bar ("My Photos" in pic): - low1.png

2nd Bottom Bar (Recent Songs" in pic): - low2.png

3rd Bottom Bar (not visable unless card wheel scrolls): - low3.png

3. For those who want a solid layout like mine it is the exact same as mine then keep in mind that it is like the 2nd Bottom Bar, but slightly smaller. Be sure to align the picture to the right wall than the left wall on a picture editing program (ex. Photoshop)

FINAL STEP

After you are done with what you want as your new layout, go to your settings > Display > home screen > change your home screen to something other than a card wheel then click done. After the ugly menu changes go back to the settings and change it to "Card Wheel" go back to your home screen and you've got yourself a custom Card Wheel homescreen.

I will be updating this from time to time as I find more and more solutions , edits, and work around things as time goes on. I will also post up more stuff to help you guys out on simplifying some stuff out for you on Card Wheel customizations.

Tool used to take screen cap:

Ilium Software Screen Capture

http://www.iliumsoft.com/site/fp/screen_capture.htm

Suggestion: If you want to Sticky this thread go request it from an admin on these forums.

I'll keep all of you posted when I have time to show you more details on the card wheel feature.

Aoi

***NOTE***

please...

- Make a backup of your original files before replacing them. At least you can always go back when you want to.

- don't PM me. I am only interested in using these forums to make my i600 fit to my needs. In short I don't read PMs so just reply to this thread.

- don't ask me how to get the card wheel functions on a black jack that doesn't already have it on there. I just don't know and mine came with it pre-loaded (i600 version w/ Wi-Fi icon_biggrin.gif ). But a friend and I are working on getting the card wheel to work on the i607

- don't ask me how to help create custom designs or layouts. I just gave away how to do it yourself on here

- don't ask me to upload my files for my profile. I like to keep my phone personalized icon_biggrin.gif

Anyone knows a way to delete or change a contact in the Favorite Contacts list???

• 1 month later...
Guest wmfreak

sshot002aq4.png

I have the samsung I600 with the regular black card wheel, but i really like this one! How can I get it or make it? Please help! G

Guest wmfreak

sshot002aq4.png

Please share this sweet edited version with us! I have the default black original version but i kindda like this one better! Thanx G

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...