Paul Reviews.... the HTC TyTN II (Kaiser)

Guest PaulOBrien

A nice official PDF about the Vario III

Vario III

Just had an emails and thought I would post it, Now you can see the Kaiser on Tmobile :-)

What do you lot think?

I for one will be staying with the black :-)

The rom looks identical to the one on one of my Kaisers.

Edited by Guest

Guest wi11

I agree the black looks better. It's a pity T-mobile are sticking with the Silver. :)

Thanks for posting the link btw.

Edited by wi11

I agree the black looks better. It's a pity T-mobile are sticking with the Silver. :)

Thanks for posting the link btw.

They was bound to keep it in line with the current Varios :-) But as you can see, it is on the way.

Guest Syphon Filter
A nice official PDF about the Vario III

Vario III

Just had an emails and thought I would post it, Now you can see the Kaiser on Tmobile :-)

What do you lot think?

I for one will be staying with the black :-)

The rom looks identical to the one on one of my Kaisers.

That PDF suggets it will be coming soon to tmobile.

Thing is, I agree that the black looks much better. I might get it offline again in its HTC Kaiser guise. But I may wait a couple of months as I had laods of problems with the first two TyTN's I had. Alternatively to save hassle nad heartache, I may just get the T-Mobile version when it gets released.

Guest Webreaper
Thing is, I agree that the black looks much better. I might get it offline again in its HTC Kaiser guise. But I may wait a couple of months as I had laods of problems with the first two TyTN's I had. Alternatively to save hassle nad heartache, I may just get the T-Mobile version when it gets released.

Actually, I prefer it in Silver. :)

Guest pndragon
Yes, I should have said TouchFLO and made it more clear.

AFAIK the new ROM only adds aspects of the HTC Touch UI rather than the TouchFlo finger interface, but i'll let you know when I've applied the latest ROM (36% done as we speak) :)

P

I'm eager to know what you discovered after applying the latest ROM update there Paul.

Thanks for all your in-depth reviews and replies man, really appreciated.

Guest Michael Pang

Hi,

As I know the CPU should be faster than that of the Samsung 400MHz, I would like to know the brenchmark on the TCPMP of the Kaiser playing the 640 x 480 Matrix Reload Trailer.

Thanks.

Guest Paul (MVP)

After the new ROM update, there are many, many improvements, and i'm now navvin' round Florida using TomTom on the Kaiser!

P

Guest nuttyphilt
I can assure you the Kaiser will be more than £400 hence making it more expensive than the G900.

Took some screen shots of the new rom in action. I haven't got much time on my hands at the moment so this little update should keep you happy till Paul goes into all the detail.

It is getting very much touch user friendly. For a lot of the tasks I just use my finger saves getting out the stylus. I never really use screen protectors but I may start lol.

There is a nice Weather today plugin also. I must say big improvement over the last rom.

I know what the Home, Weather and Launcher tabs are because they're on the Touch homescreen but what's on the other 2 tabs?

Guest Paul (MVP)
I know what the Home, Weather and Launcher tabs are because they're on the Touch homescreen but what's on the other 2 tabs?

'Favorite People' and 'Sound' (i.e. Silent, Vibrate etc.)

P

Guest Paul (MVP)

So I popped into the Apple store today and had a play with the iPhone, very unimpressed, I know where my dollars would be spent between it and a Kaiser :)

P

07-Jul-2007_kaiseriphone.jpg

Guest nuttyphilt
Kudos to the first person to guess where I was heading today from the TomTom screenshot above :P

P

With Google Maps... my guess is the Florida Mall :) You should go to the Mall at Millenia while you're over there - high end shopping mall. Second thoughts, the credit card might get a punishing by the other half ;) Stick to the outlets!

Guest mikeeey
A few random pics from the Kaiser's cam :)

P

i like the black kaiser much better.

also, do u have coolcamera installed yet?

Guest Paul (MVP)

The thing is with the black Kaiser, it is an uber fingerprint magnet on the black with the glossy finish (that also picks up surface scratches quite easily).

Hopefully the T-Mo variant will have a different back finish.

P

Guest mikeeey
CoolCamera exits as soon as I run it on the Kaiser, not seen that before :)

P

nooooo!

i suggest you inform ateksoft about this. however since the kaiser is not out yet they may not look into it right away.

do u think its just wm6 its not compatible with? or have you tried it on wm6 devies already?

Guest mikeeey
The thing is with the black Kaiser, it is an uber fingerprint magnet on the black with the glossy finish (that also picks up surface scratches quite easily).

Hopefully the T-Mo variant will have a different back finish.

P

so its either look good and take care of it, or look ok and be careless with it lol.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.