Paul Reviews.... the HTC TyTN II (Kaiser)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest whoster69
I always thought the proc was used in most of the video playback but my Wizard(overclocked) plays my .wmv's back better than my 8525. So that must not be the case. I too would be curiousl what video chip is used in the Kaiser. If in fact it matters...

That's kind of why I asked the question the way I did, because one of the phones I'm considering, the HTC X7501 has a video card/chip component. I don't know if others do or not, but I'm curious...

Guest gregersdk
Slightly off track, but does anyone know how long it usually takes for companies (particularly Brodit) to make holders for new phones such as the Kaiser? My contract is up in about a months time, but i don't really want to upgrade until I can mount the phone nicely for sat nav etc.

Cheers.

I've read that HTC and Brodit develop holders to HTC phones together, so Brodit might (probably) release holders the day that Kaiser goes on sale... I even think Brodit have or have had a HTC Kaiser for developing the holder already...

Sorry about the bad language, but I'm not British...

Guest Stuart_f
I've read that HTC and Brodit develop holders to HTC phones together, so Brodit might (probably) release holders the day that Kaiser goes on sale... I even think Brodit have or have had a HTC Kaiser for developing the holder already...

Don't ever apologise for your English, it's better than my Danish for sure :)

It would seem that there's quite a few pre-production Kaisers floating about, for sure most of them will have gone to networks to allow for software customisation but it seems reasonable that some will have gone to the major accessory producers. Why release a device without any 3rd party support when people may make their purchase decisions based on the presence of a particular add-on?

Guest Paul (MVP)

I'll have a good play with CorePlayer / TCPMP on it when I get home!

What's the best way to give it a real good test?

Brodit are generally very quick!

P

Guest Michael Pang
I'll have a good play with CorePlayer / TCPMP on it when I get home!

What's the best way to give it a real good test?

Brodit are generally very quick!

P

Here is the link for the samples which people usaually used for Benchmark

http://picard.exceed.hu/samples/

It is good to test the CPU using the file RL_XQ_640x480_1500_128.avi to test it. This is the 640 x 480 Matrix Reload Trialer.

And here is the page for some old benchmark

http://blogs.shintak.info/articles/667.aspx

http://blogs.shintak.info/articles/11359.aspx

Edited by Michael Pang

Guest Blakey

Sorry for the numptie question, but will I be able to use my huge collection of standard mini usb chargers to charge this phone (i.e. car charger, USB travel charger, standard wall socket charger, etc) ? Looking at the propritary hole it would appear that a standard mini usb plug should fit in it but I'm not certain about that. Can anyone say for sure?

One of the best things about mini usb is that it is standard and I don't need to keep rebuying a huge selection of chargers and stuff when I buy a new phone. If I need to that instantly adds shed loads of cash to the cost of the phone which is a big bad mark against it.

Thanks!

Blakey

Guest mikeeey
Sorry for the numptie question, but will I be able to use my huge collection of standard mini usb chargers to charge this phone (i.e. car charger, USB travel charger, standard wall socket charger, etc) ? Looking at the propritary hole it would appear that a standard mini usb plug should fit in it but I'm not certain about that. Can anyone say for sure?

One of the best things about mini usb is that it is standard and I don't need to keep rebuying a huge selection of chargers and stuff when I buy a new phone. If I need to that instantly adds shed loads of cash to the cost of the phone which is a big bad mark against it.

Thanks!

Blakey

yes! it will fit. dont worry. your usb mini's have not gone to waste!

Guest adchaffey

Thanks for your response. Looks like i've got no excuse not to get the Kaiser now!

Guest Mr.Clark
Also I've been reading that the iPhone screen is virtually unscratchable. Can we get this on our Winmo phones?

I have to say, the only thing the iPhone seems to have over WM devices is the glass screen. :)

Well, that and the touchy-feely interface thing.

But integrated GPS, fold out keyboard and full Exchange sells me on the Kaiser.

I have to say, the only thing the iPhone seems to have over WM devices is the glass screen. :)

Well, that and the touchy-feely interface thing.

But integrated GPS, fold out keyboard and full Exchange sells me on the Kaiser.

Not to mention, the iPhone has no voice dialing capability which puts a damper on touchy for me, but it does have a pretty face! Kaiser seems perfect for me...

Guest Mr.Clark
Not to mention, the iPhone has no voice dialing capability which puts a damper on touchy for me, but it does have a pretty face! Kaiser seems perfect for me...

And you can't just whack a memory card into a PC, copy a whole bunch of files onto it then stick that in your Kaiser.

You don't really need ActiveSync at all if you've got access to an Exchange server set up for wireless access.

Plus that backs up your contacts too.

Score!

And if what I've been reading about WM6 and having a left-handed option is true, bring it on!

nooooo!

i suggest you inform ateksoft about this. however since the kaiser is not out yet they may not look into it right away.

do u think its just wm6 its not compatible with? or have you tried it on wm6 devies already?

Not sure about the Kaiser, but CoolCamera didn't really improve performance for the Hermes. The webcam is useful though.

CoolCamera has to be updated for each device that is released, afaik. The Hermes update took a few months to become stable and last I checked still didn't support the flash (not that it's very useful).

Guest moparman

Iphone don`t handle mail so good...

Read the review on www.engadget.com

Pretty interesting :)

I would never ever in a 1000000 years buy Iphone...If i had one for free i take it...

Just so my girlfriend would be happy heh...

Guest Syphon Filter

Any more information on a UK release date (on T-Mobile) or as HTC Kaiser? I am dying to get one of these.

What I am thinking of doing is, as I like the black one, getting an Ameo on Tmobile, flogging that on ebay and then buying HTC branded Kaiser...

Guest mikeeey
Not sure about the Kaiser, but CoolCamera didn't really improve performance for the Hermes. The webcam is useful though.

CoolCamera has to be updated for each device that is released, afaik. The Hermes update took a few months to become stable and last I checked still didn't support the flash (not that it's very useful).

well they're gonna have to make it so the auto-focus works. as you might have seen in this review (http://youtube.com/watch?v=OQgrUKbW9qs) you click for it to focus and click it again to take the picture.

Guest gregersdk

I just thought it would be the thing for HTC Kaiser fans, that's all... :)

But I haven't understood, if it is possible to use the UMTS camera as a webcam as well.. Can you do that if installing CoolCamera or what was that?

If it is possible to use it as a webcam for your computer?

gregersdk

Guest shanedean

Slightly OT but is there any way that us Hermes/TyTn/SPV3100 users can get the little ding-dong sound when we open/close the keyboard? Is it down to the mechanics of the device that means we can't? I appreciate it wiould probably become a bit annoying but could be fun for a while... :)

Guest mikeeey
I just thought it would be the thing for HTC Kaiser fans, that's all... :)

But I haven't understood, if it is possible to use the UMTS camera as a webcam as well.. Can you do that if installing CoolCamera or what was that?

If it is possible to use it as a webcam for your computer?

gregersdk

well if ur asking if hte kaiser can do it, not yet. they havnt updated coolcamera for it to wokr with the kaiser yet. if you mean in general. yes! ive used my sda as a webcam and it's pretty cool. you can choose the source between the camera and the screen. so if you want you could have your webcam showing what your doing on your phone.

Guest gregersdk
well if ur asking if hte kaiser can do it, not yet. they havnt updated coolcamera for it to wokr with the kaiser yet. if you mean in general. yes! ive used my sda as a webcam and it's pretty cool. you can choose the source between the camera and the screen. so if you want you could have your webcam showing what your doing on your phone.

And where can I get tihis CoolCamera? How does it costs?

But I still didn't understand weither or not you could use i for your computer.... Can I?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.