Paul Reviews.... the HTC TyTN II (Kaiser)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest GreginDallas

Tuesday the 18th. That's what two different reps told me this evening at an AT&T Store. They knew it as the Tilt and as the 8925.

"Lots of people have been coming in asking about it."

"It's been pushed back several times, but the 18th looks like it's going to finally be it."

(Just one week left? SWEEET.)

Thanks. I am looking for no wires, so those Sony ones are kinda weird for being BT but with wires. ;)

--

Kage

I have the old black and orange Sony headphones, but I'm only using them for online PS3 gaming now...

I went for the HTC BH-S100 to compliment my shiny new Kaiser: http://www.expansys.com/p.aspx?partner=modaco&i=140285

Love it, especially with my own proper Sennheiser earphones...

Guest Webreaper

Paul,

Just got my device. Very pleased.

I'll PM you with the ID for my CameraWare Licence etc, but I think it should be flagged up to people buying the Expansys offer that the £10 voucher expires at the start of October!! Doesn't give much time to actually spend it!

Cheers though

Mark

Guest shaun1208
eXpansys have had (at least) another 450 units in today, so the MoDaCo Special Offer is shipping again ;)

P

Hey Paul, just wanted to know if you're still using the preview model of the tytn II or have you went onto the retail version?

Also I just about bought one of ebay for £410, but I was outbid at the last second. It was kinda good though as I realised that funds wont permit at the moment and also I have found out that there is a good chance that i can get out of my o2 contract after only 6 months of an 18 month contract. So that could mean I could save a fair bit of money by going onto vodafone or T-mobile.

Regarding T-mobile and Vodafone, what kinda stuff do they add to the OS i.e. orange has their annoying sidebar. And how hard would it be to get hold of the HTC Rom and flash it onto the device?

Cheers

Shaun

Guest Random Tox

Firstly, thanks to Paul and everyone who's contributed to this topic and increased this newbie's knowledge regarding my first WM device.

I've looked for an explicit answer to this question but can't seem to find one - unless I've missed it. Is there any difference between buying an HTC branded TyTN II from the States as opposed to buying one in the UK (apart from the AC adaptor)? I'm thinking along the lines on ROM, software etc. I'll be in the States later this month and might just wait until I'm there to buy a TyTN II and save myself a bit of money if I can be patient enough!

Firstly, thanks to Paul and everyone who's contributed to this topic and increased this newbie's knowledge regarding my first WM device.

I've looked for an explicit answer to this question but can't seem to find one - unless I've missed it. Is there any difference between buying an HTC branded TyTN II from the States as opposed to buying one in the UK (apart from the AC adaptor)? I'm thinking along the lines on ROM, software etc. I'll be in the States later this month and might just wait until I'm there to buy a TyTN II and save myself a bit of money if I can be patient enough!

I'm in the states and it seems that the only current TyTn II's shipping ARE UK units with the UK Power Plug, good for you!

Tuesday the 18th. That's what two different reps told me this evening at an AT&T Store. They knew it as the Tilt and as the 8925.

"Lots of people have been coming in asking about it."

"It's been pushed back several times, but the 18th looks like it's going to finally be it."

(Just one week left? SWEEET.)

I asked reps at two different AT&T stores in Chicago yesterday, and neither of them had a clue, nor as anything about it on their systems. I cetainly hope you are right, but I'm still guessing it will be October 1 or later. try asking at a DIFFERENT store.

Tony

Guest Hightech

This question has been answer and the difference are software relate. If you get the AT&T you will have AT&T branding and there software stuff in it which IMO it really all crap. I live in FL and I am buying a UK unit because I do not like the state side. Do not forget that AT&T can chose to take some feature out of the Kaiser when it comes out and I am sure they will thats another reason why I bought the one that comes straight from HTC...

Had O2 helpdesk for corporates on the phone today...

this guy seemed to know his business... He gave me a better answer than the last person (yesterday!)

He said that O2 wont have the TyTN II before 2008...

Therefore, I'll buy mine Sim free then... in october... when the first ones (with lots of bugs haha) will be gone! (Kidding)

Edited by Brounoh

Guest borg.cube

Problem running AT&T's Cellular Video. When I enter the same hyperlink as on my 8525, http://cingularvideo.cingular.com/

I get a message that Cellular Video only works on a 3G phone. Please contact AT&T. I currently have the correct network selected (MEdia Net) which works fine for everything else. I'm wondering if the 8525 passed its model number to AT&T earlier for authentication. Perhaps when the TyTN II is released by AT&T, it will just work again.

Any other ideas?

Guest borg.cube

Problem with scroll wheel --no matter what app is open, the scroll wheel only raises or lowers volume???? It won't scroll anything.

Any help? Registry settings? App problems??

Thanks!

Guest Hightech

Whats a good screen protector and it is really needed??? I want to protect my device as much as possible.. I have use in the past BoxWave screen protector are there any better ones out there???

Thanks

Whats a good screen protector and it is really needed??? I want to protect my device as much as possible.. I have use in the past BoxWave screen protector are there any better ones out there???

Thanks

I'm using a screengardz (regular not HD) and it really holds up well. I wouldn't have a PDA or Phone without one. Cheap insurance.

http://www.nluinc.com/

I can't compare to BoxWave since I haven't used their version.

Thanks

I'm using a screengardz (regular not HD) and it really holds up well. I wouldn't have a PDA or Phone without one. Cheap insurance against screen scratches/damage.

Guest Hightech
I'm using a screengardz (regular not HD) and it really holds up well. I wouldn't have a PDA or Phone without one. Cheap insurance against screen scratches/damage.

You use the one thats meant for the TyTN correct??

Thanks

Guest Paul (MVP)

Probably a problem with the User Agent or something.

Let me check it out on my AT&T ROM...

P

Problem running AT&T's Cellular Video. When I enter the same hyperlink as on my 8525, http://cingularvideo.cingular.com/

I get a message that Cellular Video only works on a 3G phone. Please contact AT&T. I currently have the correct network selected (MEdia Net) which works fine for everything else. I'm wondering if the 8525 passed its model number to AT&T earlier for authentication. Perhaps when the TyTN II is released by AT&T, it will just work again.

Any other ideas?

You use the one thats meant for the TyTN correct??

Thanks

I'm using the one for my Cingular 8525 (haven't got my TyTN II yet - expected tomorrow). They make custom sizes too if the one for the TyTN I won't work. I'm sure if it's different that they will produce one for the TyTN II...

Paul,

I got my TTYN II today. I have been following this thread for some time and just want to say thanks for providing all this information.

I have come from a SE P910i that has been in constant use for 3 years. Still adjusting to the new environment and very happy so far.

Cheers,

Alan

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.