Paul Reviews.... the HTC TyTN II (Kaiser)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest mikeeey
Got it yet mikeeey?

;)

P

haha of corse on friday i was screwed over by AT&T, but yes, as of right now (monday) i have my tilt! im about to flash it to the htc rom!!

i noticed the tilt camera software is has very very low framerate, is it the same with the htc rom?

Guest rebecker
haha of corse on friday i was screwed over by AT&T, but yes, as of right now (monday) i have my tilt! im about to flash it to the htc rom!!

i noticed the tilt camera software is has very very low framerate, is it the same with the htc rom?

Where can I find the HTC ROM?

Guest burrzoo
He's disappeared - too busy playing with the new toy :(

P

Wouldn't blame him either! My husband says I'm obsessed with this phone. As soon as I get home I'm on the PC, reading all of the Modaco posts and looking for new software/updates/good stuff and tweaking my TyTN II!!! ;)

Guest mikeeey
No, unless in very low light...

P

well, what would you consider low light? when im inside it's laggy, when im at the mall it's laggy. the only time it isnt is when im in broad daylight. then the framerate is great!

Guest mikeeey
He's disappeared - too busy playing with the new toy ;)

P

hahaha you got that right.

i guess il try and type together some sort of review when i get the chance. It's a great device, however... its so great... no emulators or games support it, i sure hope this will be fixed soon. gaming was one of the main things I'd do on my phone.

O btw, since im new to using pocket pc's now, has games always lowered in speed when you touch the screen? or is this something with the kaiser?

Guest Kagenryu

How did they screw you? I got mine Friday from LetsTalk.com for $250. I can't believe this thing didn't come with a case, or a headset, especially since the TyTN does... First thing I did Friday night was flash it to the HTC ROM as the Tilt ROM is teh suck. And yes, the camera is very laggy. My RAZR was much better in the speed of updating the display as well as the shutter time (the time it takes to actually take the shot after depressing the button). Everything is blurry even after using AF (half-depress for the lock and then a full depress). <_<

But other than that, so far I am impressed. It is much better than the HP 2215 I have currently, and so far the games rock on it. Now to find some emulators for it... ;)

--

Kage

Guest mikeeey
How did they screw you? I got mine Friday from LetsTalk.com for $250. I can't believe this thing didn't come with a case, or a headset, especially since the TyTN does... First thing I did Friday night was flash it to the HTC ROM as the Tilt ROM is teh suck. And yes, the camera is very laggy. My RAZR was much better in the speed of updating the display as well as the shutter time (the time it takes to actually take the shot after depressing the button). Everything is blurry even after using AF (half-depress for the lock and then a full depress). <_<

But other than that, so far I am impressed. It is much better than the HP 2215 I have currently, and so far the games rock on it. Now to find some emulators for it... ;)

--

Kage

what?? what games?? everything is slow for me! just name anything il be glad to play it! I tried playing Azguard Tower Defense and the game slows down when i touch the screen, im not sure if that's normal..

take your kaiser outside on a sunny day and you will be impressed then, i sure was.

how did they screw me you ask? well, way back when i switched to AT&T, i kept my t-mobile sda, but got a 2 year contract with them. Since i didnt buy a phone with the 2-year contract, they activated my sim chip with some Sony Erickson Phone, so now in their data base they think i used my 2 year contract deal on that sony erickson phone. well there was one guy I explained this too, he looked up my account, and found out what i was saying was all true, and I should still be able to get the Tilt as an upgrade. Any other store i went to they tried telling me I needed to pay $550 for it and I already used my 2-year contract upgrade on that sony erickson phone. well Finally when that one store got a shipment of Tilts, I got the phone for $300 including the $100 mail an rebate.

Edited by mikeeey

Guest mikeeey

I noticed when I start the Camera in a dark lighting it starts off fast but then a night mode is turned on and it's very slow. has anyone found a way to turn this night mode off? or toggle it somewhere? maybe coolcamera will include this feature, but until then, unless im outside, my pitures will be very slow.

Guest sameerabedi

Don't know where to post a couple of issues with my TyTn II on Orange... so might as well try here as it's the most read thread on the phone!

When I stick my phone on charge everynight, it seems to freeze after 4-5hrs of charge, meaning that I miss my alarm in the mornings. If I don't charge the phone, then this is not a problem. Any ideas how to overcome this?

Also, eveytime I finish a phone call on the TyTn II, the light dims on the screen and I have to turn the screen off then on again to get normal brightness.

Thanks for any information.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have problems using TomTom. The screen 'freezes' about every five minutes, mostly when there are more details displayed on the screen because of directions or a cross-over.

Is it possible that this is because of he GPS bug that seems to occur with some applications?

Thnx for helping.

Guest Cleiber
ATT now has a 299$ deal on this phone. Not sure if it is just through my work or not.

Amazon has a deal till Jan 19 - $149.99 (after two $25 mail-in rebates). Just got my tilt and am trying to figure it out.

Looks good so far!

Guest Yeroen

Yes I'm using TomTom 6, with Tytn2. The SD card is 6 GB and I've heard this can be a problem...

It's the TomTom that came standard with the Kaisr.

Guest Yeroen
Make sure you are running the very latest version, which is available from TomTom.com for install via TomTom Home?

P

I'm running the latest version, there are no new updates available via tomtom home...

I've also downloaded the POI's for the the map of West-Europe with TomTom home, but I'm only using 8 POI categorys (those of The Netherlands), maybe this is part of the problem??....

Guest malestrom

Hello everyone.I have had my TyTn2 for about 2 weeks now.Everything is working great.I have one small problem.It's basicly not that important but I thought I would mention it.When I want to add a Filter to my Contacts for example "Friends",if I mispell it,can someone help me as to how you can edit your filter names.I cannot find a solution on this!

Thank you

Chris

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.