Paul Reviews.... the HTC TyTN II (Kaiser)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest KevinAlbrecht
Don't know where to post a couple of issues with my TyTn II on Orange... so might as well try here as it's the most read thread on the phone!

When I stick my phone on charge everynight, it seems to freeze after 4-5hrs of charge, meaning that I miss my alarm in the mornings. If I don't charge the phone, then this is not a problem. Any ideas how to overcome this?

Also, eveytime I finish a phone call on the TyTn II, the light dims on the screen and I have to turn the screen off then on again to get normal brightness.

Thanks for any information.

Do you have Batti installed? Some have reported(myself included) that Batti will cause the home screen to freeze while on extended charge. Others report no problem with the application.

YMMV - Kevin

Guest john.smith

Thanks for the review! Have had the Kaiser for a month now and it works just great (I owned a Dopod 818pro / HTC Prophet before that).

In case you are looking for replacement batteries, right now I am using the original battery and a 1500mAh battery alternatively. The result is satisfactory (esp. given the price tag is under US$20) and does deliver more juice than the original one without adding extra thickness.

You can easily search it on Google with "tytn ii actual rated 1500mah battery" or directly link to this http://search.ebay.com.au/New-1500mAh-actu...W0QQ_trksidZm37

If you guys have tried other replacement batteries, please feel free to share too!

• 2 months later...
Guest SGTDRE

Hello one and all, Just joined here today. I know it has been some time now that this review was written And I must say pual it was a Very Good one at that. I am currently useing the Razor2 V9 that I just upgraded to 2 months ago and due to business reasons, Im thinking that I should not have jumped on to the Razor2 V9 wagon so soon?

Okay now I have a few questions here. And I should let ya know that I am accross the pond in the USA. Also seeing as I just got home from work here at 0800 hrs and bit tuckered out after working 12 hours, it is bit much to sit and read 100 + pages for me right now so hense the questions.

1) What is mayjor differences between the Euro version and the US version of this Phone. I use AT&T AKA Cingular. I did how ever notice that the one being sold now in the local store does not have the camera on the front, "or is that only difference?"

2) Am I to understand that I get the Navi software on a SD card and use it on the Phone?

3) I read in several Post's about camera software? that several people have used or tried to?

4) Can the Euro Version of this phone be used in the USA that is if there is anything that Improves Euro Version over the US version.

Again thanks much Paul have a great day Cheers.

Dre

Guest KevinAlbrecht

1) What is mayjor differences between the Euro version and the US version of this Phone. I use AT&T AKA Cingular. I did how ever notice that the one being sold now in the local store does not have the camera on the front, "or is that only difference?"

2) Am I to understand that I get the Navi software on a SD card and use it on the Phone?

3) I read in several Post's about camera software? that several people have used or tried to?

4) Can the Euro Version of this phone be used in the USA that is if there is anything that Improves Euro Version over the US version.

Again thanks much Paul have a great day Cheers.

Dre

Hi Dre,

First, welcome. There are quite a few of us from the states on this board, and yes this topic is kinda old, since a majority of the Kaiser/Tilt users have migrated to the dedicated sub-forum: Kaiser.modaco.com. I know all-these-pages can seem overwhelming to read through, but the search feature on the sub-forum will certainly yield great reading. Now on to your questions:

1. The Carriers (Both Euro and US) have branded their copies of the phone with stuff that makes the phone look like it is theirs. Most people believe the branding amounts to nothing but bloatware, and have gone to lengths to remove & hide this. Yep, the US versions do not appear to have the camera, at least I don't think. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

2. There is a navigation software that att includes on their tilt, but they charge a subscription to use it. I use the TomTom software which is available for download, and you purchase the maps.

3. Not sure which camera software you are speaking about?

4. The Official HTC phone can be purchased & used in the usa. Since it is a manufacturer carrier unlocked phone, you would need to setup all of the network settings for which carrier you choose. I think if you browse the board some more, you will realise that there is a difference from a 'Euro version' which just means a european carrier has branded their stuff on it, and a unlocked HTC Kaiser TyTn II.

Hope this helps!

Guest SGTDRE

Yes it and thank you, I have looked around and have not seen the sub forums, but will check it out. As for the software I had mentiioned, it was about graphics / camera related of a sort, but that is not much of an issue really. And I did not know that there was an Official HTC phone can be purchased & used in the usa. Since it is a manufacturer carrier unlocked phone?

And yes I do know what you mean about the branding. Again thanks for your assist, I will go check out the subforum.

Dre

Hi Dre,

First, welcome. There are quite a few of us from the states on this board, and yes this topic is kinda old, since a majority of the Kaiser/Tilt users have migrated to the dedicated sub-forum: Kaiser.modaco.com. I know all-these-pages can seem overwhelming to read through, but the search feature on the sub-forum will certainly yield great reading. Now on to your questions:

1. The Carriers (Both Euro and US) have branded their copies of the phone with stuff that makes the phone look like it is theirs. Most people believe the branding amounts to nothing but bloatware, and have gone to lengths to remove & hide this. Yep, the US versions do not appear to have the camera, at least I don't think. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

2. There is a navigation software that att includes on their tilt, but they charge a subscription to use it. I use the TomTom software which is available for download, and you purchase the maps.

3. Not sure which camera software you are speaking about?

4. The Official HTC phone can be purchased & used in the usa. Since it is a manufacturer carrier unlocked phone, you would need to setup all of the network settings for which carrier you choose. I think if you browse the board some more, you will realise that there is a difference from a 'Euro version' which just means a european carrier has branded their stuff on it, and a unlocked HTC Kaiser TyTn II.

Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sameerabedi

I appear to have a problem with the alarms on this phone. I've had the time set to 7.30am and for the past week two reminders appear saying alarm 1 of 2 both at 7.30am. This morning I changed the time to 8am and yet the alram still went off at 7.30am and then another alarm at 8am.

I remember having a similar problem when I had the SPV M3100 (this phones predecessor) but I can't remember how I overcame it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest Mike1002

Got a few questions about this device.

Ive currently got an iPaq HW6915 - and have to say that i love the hardware keyboard.

Has anyone used both that device and this one, and if so what is the keyboard like?

Dont think i could go back to a PDA without a hardware kayboard, just wanted to know how easy this would be to use, compared to mine currently.

Cheers, Mike.

Guest shootydogthing

Do NOT buy this device now.

A new device (the Raphael) is about to be announced (the T-Mobile version is announced) and it has the hardware keyboard and the TouchFLO 3D

At the least, wait until it is released and the kaiser's price drops

Guest Mike1002

Was going to wait for that device anyways.

But i guess the keyboards will be similar, and just wanted a comparison of my device and the tytn ii.

I wont be buying a tytn ii, just wanted to know if the hardware keyboard compares/is better than that of my 6915.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.