T-Mobile Wing and Windows Live Sync Problem

Guest Masaki79

Guest Masaki79

I have just setup my windows live account on my wing. It sync'ed up the first time but everytime after that it says that the sync has failed. When I go into my email program and select my windows live account and select send/recieve, I get a popup "failed to synchronize the folder list" & "sync failed". Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this. I have already cleared my password and reentered it again.

~M

• 1 month later...
Guest camilorg

Hello everybody. I just happen to have the same problem with my T-Mobile Wing. The first time I configured it, it work perfectly but tow days after the synchronization process began giving me the error "failed to synchronize the folder list" and "sync failed". If anyone of you have came across a solution for this issue, please be kind and share it with us.

Thanks.

I have just setup my windows live account on my wing. It sync'ed up the first time but everytime after that it says that the sync has failed. When I go into my email program and select my windows live account and select send/recieve, I get a popup "failed to synchronize the folder list" & "sync failed". Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this. I have already cleared my password and reentered it again.

~M

Guest phreke

When ActiveSync gives you the error, click on the "Fix the Problem" in the Activesync window. It should give you an error code. What is that code?

phreke

• 1 month later...

I get the same problem. It usually happens when the first time I try to send/receive my mail. If you wait about 20 seconds or so, it usually works fine after that, at least thats what I do!

Hello everybody. I just happen to have the same problem with my T-Mobile Wing. The first time I configured it, it work perfectly but tow days after the synchronization process began giving me the error "failed to synchronize the folder list" and "sync failed". If anyone of you have came across a solution for this issue, please be kind and share it with us.

Thanks.

• 3 months later...
Guest Sunit Mathur

~M

Hi...I had the same prob and I wrote to microsoft support and this is what I got frm them...solved my prob

Hello Sunit,

Your email message was forwarded to Windows Live Mobile Technical Support. My name is Joan. I understand that you cannot access your Windows Live Hotmail Inbox on T-Mobile Wing. I appreciate the time you have taken to advise us of your experiences and I hope to offer as much assistance as possible.

Sunit, we have received reports from other customers experiencing similar synchronization issues. They were able to resolve this issue by doing re-synchronization of the account.

You may also need to reset your Windows Live account on your Windows Mobile-powered device by signing out and signing in again. To sign out, please refer to the instructions below:

1. On your mobile device, tap "Start" and then select "Windows Live."

2. Tap "Menu" and then "Account Options."

3. Tap "Switch account."

4. You will be prompted to confirm account switching, as this action will sign you out of Windows Live, preventing you from seeing your e-mail inbox. Tap "Yes" to continue.

5. You shall be redirected to the Terms of Use screen, an indication that you are already signed out of Windows Live.

To sign back in:

1. Tap "Start" and then select "Windows Live."

3. Tap "Sign in to Windows Live."

4. Tap "Accept" on the Windows Live Terms of Use screen.

5. Enter your MSN or Hotmail email address and its corresponding password.

6. Tap "Next."

7. Choose if you wish to have the Live Search bar or Windows Live services on your device's "Today" screen and tap "Next."

8. Choose of you wish to sync either Contacts and Messenger contact or email (or both) with your mobile device then tap "Next" to continue.

9. Wait as your mobile device syncs with your Windows Live account. Tap "Done" when sync is complete.10. Open Windows Live and check if you are now able to synchronize your account.

Sincerely,

Joan

Windows Live Mobile Technical Support

Guest Ernie F

I to have the same problem. The Microsoft fix works until I turn my phone off and back on. Then the sync fails again and I have to use the fix again.

Hi...I had the same prob and I wrote to microsoft support and this is what I got frm them...solved my prob

• 2 months later...
Guest Bakafrog

[i also have the same problem.

Another temporary fix that works for me is to sign into windows messenger. Once I am logged in, my hotmail syncs with no problems. It's a bit annoying to do this especially as I plan to move onto Vodafone and their data package charges extra for Instant Messaging (Although, would it still be instant messaging if I don't chat on Messenger and only login?)

Guest Bakafrog

Another workaround that seems to work for some people is to move all emails with attachments to a subfolder.

Trying this method now and so far so good.