HTC s710 Disassembly?

Guest victorecg

Guest victorecg

Hi, i tried searching several times about this but failed to find anything relevant...

I was wondering if someone has tried to disassemble this phone ?.

I really need to find a guide to do this because i accidentaly scratched badly the camera lens, turning it unusable.., i already ordered a dummy s710 phone to extract that part of the housing from it and get my camera back :)

Help help!.

Thanks in advance.

Guest victorecg

Hey wease , nice link, thanks , i hope the dummy phone works well as a housing replacement...

anyways... it would be nice to find any guide to get the job done... i don't want to destroy the phone in the process hehehe.

Guest sneinton2007
Hey wease , nice link, thanks , i hope the dummy phone works well as a housing replacement...

anyways... it would be nice to find any guide to get the job done... i don't want to destroy the phone in the process hehehe.

You may end up being disappointed as I'd brought a dummy but found that it was nothing like the quality of the real phone. But it'd only cost me £2 so it is handy to give my little girl it when she is crying out to play with my phone :)

Edited by sneinton2007

Guest JDRoss
Hi, i tried searching several times about this but failed to find anything relevant...

I was wondering if someone has tried to disassemble this phone ?.

I really need to find a guide to do this because i accidentaly scratched badly the camera lens, turning it unusable.., i already ordered a dummy s710 phone to extract that part of the housing from it and get my camera back :)

Help help!.

Thanks in advance.

Hey -- any luck replacing the housing of your S710? My front screen is badly scratched (maybe cracked?) and I need a replacement housing as well.

Saw that housing for $70 and that should do the trick, but how possible/impossible is it to disassemble and reassemble this beast?

Jon

Guest Enigma_tw

I agree with Sneinton2007. I also got a dummy for a spare facia.

The dummy is completely different. The back section is a solid case (battery and aerial parts are not removable and made of one piece of plastic).

The screws on the rear of the screen section are fake. The screen plastic is not quite the same too. It is a lower quality plastic, and the silver areas have noticable rippling in the print.

Buttons are just stuck on with double sided tape. So the home, back, ring, hangup buttons all pop off quite easily.

Steer clear of the dummy for spares. No spare parts can be used.

Guest victorecg

Hey guys, sorry for bringing this post up.

So.. i got the dummy like three days ago... and you guys were right, the quality of the thing is horrible, it is my new paperweight..

And in response to JDRoss' post, i tried to take the phone apart again but failed, i carefully looked for all the screws i could find , took them off, and tried to put some pressure between the joints with a thin rigid plastic tool.... it didn't feel any loose at all even after removing all those screws...

Then after a couple of mins of trying... i got scared and "aborted" the mission. hehehe

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest briggs81

Still need to figure out how to take it apart :)

edit: actually that pdf is not bad. just wondering if there were any user-created notes for taking it apart.

Edited by briggs81

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest poley123

Anyone seriously taken this phone apart. my screen cover cracked and i wanna change it at home by buying a housing cover from ebay and change it myself

A step by step guide if any1 has gotta a link to 1 would be great

please help

Thanks in advance

• 4 months later...
Guest olly_k

Hey folks if anyone knows where I can get a front face & keyboard only (I am not paying £35 for bits I don't need!) I will happily work out how to dismantle and then post a step by step instructions!

Olly.

• 5 months later...
Guest tobbbie

Dis- and reassembly is not easy. The best you can get is the Service Manual (see post above or google it). When checking the cables, there are two things to take special care - the display connector (the one on the back of the display) and the one that connects the back and front of the device.

For the first take care the cable fits fully in the slot. Flap upright the black plastic that covers the whole connector - this will release the cable and allow an easy insertion. Then flap back towards the PBA.

The second is tricky to tackle as you need to balance the two sliding parts (use tape to fix it if you need) so that the cable is long enough to handle the connection and the PBA to insert the flat "plug" to the socket. You can start at one side and then work pushing along to the other make sure it really snaps in completely. Take care not to kill the connectors on the PBA for the antennas in the camera cover (speaker holder).

I noticed that you cannot just "check" this connection without the display side already completely assembled - effect as you describe it.

If you cannot get it to work - just wait some time assuming that just the display is not showing its content - but the device is switched on. Boot it up without SIM - it will give you a warning you have to confirm with the left key. Then connect to AS - if that works - your device is OK. Then you can remote control with MyMobiler from the PC. Again one comfirmation needed on the device when the server starts there.

Guest tobbbie
I just completed the operation myself, and much to my sadness, the phone will NOT BOOT. What should I do??

How do you know it does not boot?

I suspect you just do not SEE it boots, as the screen is not lighting up. The sequence of the green LED going off and lighting the LCD is normal. So if your LCD does not light up does not mean the device does not boot. Let it run and connect via AS - you should see it connects.

You need to make sure that the flat connector on the PBA is really snapped in right on all sides (left, right, top and bottom). You can feel it and you can hear it if it gets in.

Woah! What? Yes, the LED turns green, then shuts off. The LCD does not turn on. What should I be doing upon first-boot? This is all new to me!

Are you saying I should be connecting it via USB to ActiveSync to a PC upon first boot? Please let me know what I should be doing!

Thanks,

Jon

How do you know it does not boot?

I suspect you just do not SEE it boots, as the screen is not lighting up. The sequence of the green LED going off and lighting the LCD is normal. So if your LCD does not light up does not mean the device does not boot. Let it run and connect via AS - you should see it connects.

You need to make sure that the flat connector on the PBA is really snapped in right on all sides (left, right, top and bottom). You can feel it and you can hear it if it gets in.

Guest adencool

i have done the same.

and mine also wont boot after changing the cover.

same as your green light comes on then goes out

have managed to update rom, but it still wont come on

...sorry for my late reply - did not notice the post notify.

It is obvious what you have to do: connect the device and see if it syncs to AS :-)

Yes, I did try that... but NOTHING. No response! :( What should I do?

Guest tobbbie

As I had written before - the screen seems not connected properly. So you have to make sure that the delicate connection between the two halves is fitting properly. It is unlikely that the cable or PBA is broken. Anyway, before you dump it, send it to me :-) I'll pay you for packing + postage to Germany. PM me for this.

Guest adencool
As I had written before - the screen seems not connected properly. So you have to make sure that the delicate connection between the two halves is fitting properly. It is unlikely that the cable or PBA is broken. Anyway, before you dump it, send it to me :-) I'll pay you for packing + postage to Germany. PM me for this.

mine does the same but if you press camera and power the screen comes on, showing boot loader message