Timed profiles / bluetooth switching

Guest blahmartinblah

Guest blahmartinblah

I have the Vodafone V1415 version of the HTC Vox. I want to find a way to automatically switch on Bluetooth at certain times of the day. (During the time I normally drive to/from work, so I can use my hands free kit in the car. 7am-8am, and then 5pm-6pm. Ideally, it should only be on Mon-Fri too, but I could live without that function).

I found one application to do this, WirelessTime, but the developer advised it is not suitable for Smartphones, only PPC. I tried installing it, and indeed, it doesn’t work.

Can anyone advise how else I can implement this?

Martin.

Guest ilanB
I have the Vodafone V1415 version of the HTC Vox. I want to find a way to automatically switch on Bluetooth at certain times of the day. (During the time I normally drive to/from work, so I can use my hands free kit in the car. 7am-8am, and then 5pm-6pm. Ideally, it should only be on Mon-Fri too, but I could live without that function).

I found one application to do this, WirelessTime, but the developer advised it is not suitable for Smartphones, only PPC. I tried installing it, and indeed, it doesn’t work.

Can anyone advise how else I can implement this?

Martin.

Hi,

you can try phonealarm - they have smartphone version that work fine on the S710. in this you can swtich profiles according to time or calander events etc. In each profile you can decide to if BT is activated (like car profile).

Ilan

Guest blahmartinblah
Hi,

you can try phonealarm - they have smartphone version that work fine on the S710. in this you can swtich profiles according to time or calander events etc. In each profile you can decide to if BT is activated (like car profile).

Ilan

I forgot, freeware preferred :)

Guest paholman
I've not seen freeware that does this... hope I'm wrong

Not tried this personally but theoretically you can install Bluetooth Toggle (free) from here: http://www.modaco.com/Simple-Bluetooth-Toggle-A-t99493.html

Then download the free CT Scheduler from here: http://www.connectivetools.com/ctscheduler.html

With CT scheduler you can launch programs at set times, so why not the Bluetooth Toggle App ?

AS it's a toggle, you need to set a time for it to come on, and also a time for it to switch off

i.e

Create a Weekly schedule, 07:00 to activate Launch "\Program Files\BlindLemon\BTToggle.exe" set for days "Mon - Fri" and switch on

Create a Weekly schedule, 08:00 to activate Launch "\Program Files\BlindLemon\BTToggle.exe" set for days "Mon - Fri" and switch off

Create a Weekly schedule, 17:00 to activate Launch "\Program Files\BlindLemon\BTToggle.exe" set for days "Mon - Fri" and switch on

Create a Weekly schedule, 18:00 to activate Launch "\Program Files\BlindLemon\BTToggle.exe" set for days "Mon - Fri" and switch off

The only drawback to this, is if you already have BlueTooth enabled before the "switch on" times, they will obviously do the opposite to what you want, and switch it off :)

You can also set CT Scheduler to set Profiles for you too:-

Select '/Windows/autoprof.exe' in the 'Program / File' field. Then enter '-s ProfileName' in the 'Parameters' field. 'ProfileName' must be English name of the desired profile, for example 'Silent' so you can set your phone to be Silent when in the office or meetings etc, or back to Outdoor/Normal when leaving the office.

Strange really, they provide a Free App that can do the same as their non-free App, SwitchProfile! :P

I hope this works for you

EDIT: I just did a quick test with it, and all works fine

EDIT2: There's another tool that has separate discoverable, so there's another option. If there are seperate "on", "off" and "discoverable" bluetooth programs as opposed to a "toggle" that will solve the above mentioned "drawback".

Discoverable is here: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=...st&p=551811

Edited by paholman

Guest ombre33

I'm pretty sure you can use ConnectiveTools' SleepWell to do just that. actually it's supposed to automatically turn on/off phone or the phone's flight mode, but it is also able to switch bt on and off at certain times. additionally: it's freeware! :)

hope that's what you've been lookin for

.-ombre-.

Guest blahmartinblah
I'm pretty sure you can use ConnectiveTools' SleepWell to do just that. actually it's supposed to automatically turn on/off phone or the phone's flight mode, but it is also able to switch bt on and off at certain times. additionally: it's freeware! :)

hope that's what you've been lookin for

.-ombre-.

Hi! Great solution, thanks! I have installed this and it is running just how I want, all from one program, even better! They have some good tools on that site.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

Martin

• 7 months later...
Guest blahmartinblah

So it seems my loved app 'CT Sleepwell!' is discontinued now. It really did everything I needed. I wanted to reinstall it after flashing an upgraded ROM, so I'm pretty sad :D Does anyone know where I can download a copy still?

(Yes, I know there are paid alternatives, but...)

Martin.

Hi,

I found this application "CellProfileSwitcher" at http://maniac.fschreiner.de , it is freeware. It can switch the bluetooth, wifi, etc depending on cell info. So you can install it to switch bluetooth on/off when you leave home or work. It works fine for me.

majB.

Guest padbol2000
So it seems my loved app 'CT Sleepwell!' is discontinued now. It really did everything I needed. I wanted to reinstall it after flashing an upgraded ROM, so I'm pretty sad :D Does anyone know where I can download a copy still?

(Yes, I know there are paid alternatives, but...)

Martin.

i have sleepwell v2.11...

see it in attachments

its ok?

sleepwell_2.11.rar

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest SheepWorrier

I'm trying to use CT Scheduler to automate switching between profiles on my Omnia as per post 5, but can't find autoprof.exe in my Windows folder.

Does anyone know if there's another way to do this on the Omnia or where I can get autoprof.exe?

• 1 year later...
Guest jarotoouk
i have sleepwell v2.11...

see it in attachments

its ok?

Resurrecting an old post, but thanks from me too :)

I was given an HTC Vox from a mate after my Sony Ericsson died. I'd been a SE fan for years, but I'm an HTC convert now, and this is just another example of why.

Thanks again.